The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > The Technodrome News

Notices

Old 11-14-2004, 12:11 PM   #21
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Yes, I know. Jester pointed that out, too. However, it's an Archie series story, which were in color. Perhaps an exception can be made in this case. The only reason why Mirage prints in B & W is because they didn't have the money to do color when TMNT first started. It became tradition. But now I think they can afford it.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:40 AM   #22
Duke
Mad Scientist

Wow, this is great news. The first TMNT comic i ever got was an archie and i loved it. Man, i am so glad this is happening. Definitely overdue. Although, i will be a little disappointed if its black & white, i know mirage only prints in that but i'd like to see an exception to the rule this time.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:17 AM   #23
Jephael
That whack job behind you

The first TMNT comic I ever got was an Archie issue too.

I agree with Krow that they really should do this issue in full color when they make it. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time Mirage has done a random issue in color. The first time they ever did that was for TMNT Vol. 1 #33.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:24 PM   #24
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

My first Archie TMNT book was #1. I went to my local mall and entered the comci book store there (which is long gone now) and purchased it for the great price of $1.00. Those were the days, weren't they?

Pardon me, I have to go dye my hair.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 05:37 PM   #25
JaffleMan
Stone Warrior

They do their graphic novels in colour (well they used to, i'm unsure if they still do) and isn't this going to be printed like a graphic novel? If so my bet is it's going to be in colour.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:15 AM   #26
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89
Yeah, I wish Furrlough (and whoever publishes it) HAD gone through with a Ninjara series. It would've been interesting to ssee what happened to her after she and Raph broke up.
Furrlough DID run a Ninjara story in three issues of its ongoing anthology series a few years ago. Not long after I first came here I summarized it, but that was a while ago. Long story short, Ninjara had a kid (a daughter, I think), Mokoshan had been killed, and Ninjara was on the hunt for his murderer(s). It was much more "mature" than the Archie TMNT stuff, with quite a bit of violence, some language (I believe a guard or someone calls Ninjara a "slut" or something in Japanese), and, what I know the fanboys most wanna see, two topless panels of Ninjara (no, I'm not making this up). It was supposed to go on for several more issues, but I believe Chris had some issues in his personal life that made it impossible, so the storyline was just left hanging, sadly, with no conclusion. I found 'em a few years ago, but they're in a pile right now and I can't find the exact issue numbers at the moment. Sorry.

Anyways, that's awesome news. I figured they'd never get around to telling that "Forever War" story. I'm glad we'll finally get to see it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 07:33 PM   #27
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Well, I collect "Furrlough", but I'm SERIOUSLY missing a LOT of back-issues, so I need to start ordering them. That way, maybe I'll run across those issues. I got the #100TH issue, and it wasn't in that one, and I'm not sure which ones that I've gotten SINCE then, but I don't remember the Ninjara storyline in ANY of them, so I bet they were in some of the issues BEFORE #100. Gotta get those back-issues............

Thankies for the info, btw.

Peace.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:25 AM   #28
Leo656
The Franchise

Good news.... I found 'em. The issues of Furrlough containing the Ninjara story are issues number 47, 48, and 52. If anyone looking for the issues doesn't read Furrlough, you should know that it's an anthology title containing several different stories per issue, both one-shot and ongoing, printed in black and white. Ninjara's actually on the cover itself of issue 52. Cool, eh?

I re-read the story for the first time in a while and was a little surprised by the level of language and violence (in the first part of the story, Ninjara says "F*ck!" in big bold letters for all to see, and in part three she not only tosses shuriken into the faces of two guards, she tosses a third in front of her as a shield against a hail of bullets and slices the leg off of a fourth. And, like I mentioned before, she has two topless shots before Part One is even half over. I'd read it before, but I'd re-read all my Archie TMNT issues between then and now and had forgotten how much more "grown-up" Ninjara's solo story was compared to the Archie books. But then Furrlough is published by the same company that puts out Genus, so I guess it's not a huge shock.

There's a lot of Japanese thrown around, so if you don't speak it, ask a friend to translate (I know, it annoyed me too). Also, some of the pages in issue 52 are printed out of order, but I'm not sure if it's just my copy or what.

Good hunting, hope ya find what you're looking for! It's a sweet piece of Ninjara/TMNT history, even if it never mentions the TMNT and it was never finished.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:14 AM   #29
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE

Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Wink Ninjara issues #s

-->> Here is some info T.Tuck provided for me..(she has the Ninjara issues)..

..OK, the Ninjara issues are #'s 47, 48, and 52. #52 actually has Ninjara and her daughter on the cover. The series lets off on one hell of a cliff hanger and I think it would be perfect for a fanfic o pick up the slack...

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:31 AM   #30
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I've already written a fanfic which involved Ninjara. Infact, the story was my own take on what "Beginning of the End" would've been had they done it as a stand-alone story.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:44 AM   #31
Sparvid
Stone Warrior

What was the creative team on the Furrlough Ninjara stories?
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote