The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-21-2015, 09:54 PM   #1
aliena
Hench Mutant

How many people are in TMNT 2?

So far I have heard and seen pictures of so many humans I'm wondering if the turtles will be in it that much at all. So far there's April, Vern, Casey, Judith Hoag's character, Sachs, Shredder, Karai, another actress with a badge, some model, a kid named Trevor and a new bad guy?

I'm not even counting Bebop and Rocksteady. It seems like it's getting really crowded in there and unless it's going to be a three hour movie, it will most likely mean less turtles.

As much as I really did like Vern in the first movie, what purpose could he possibly have in the second one? As the third part in a love triangle with April and Casey?

Which leads me to quote. "Now, you do have turtles in your turtle movie, right?"
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:19 PM   #2
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I Don't think sachs is in this movie there haven't been any information or pics of him regarding the sequel.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:43 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Oh who cares, really. Fully expect an unbridled toyfest and nothing short of it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:53 AM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So many people in this, there's probably a better chance the Turtles will be on this side of the screen in the theater with a bucket of popcorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I Don't think sachs is in this movie there haven't been any information or pics of him regarding the sequel.
Sounds like it, that or he's just really minor and only in a small amount of screen time only shot in-studio.

If he's not in it though, the space left by his removal is pretty negligible though with the many more they packed into it. Take out one, add ten more.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:43 AM   #5
aliena
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
So many people in this, there's probably a better chance the Turtles will be on this side of the screen in the theater with a bucket of popcorn.

Sounds like it, that or he's just really minor and only in a small amount of screen time only shot in-studio.

If he's not in it though, the space left by his removal is pretty negligible though with the many more they packed into it. Take out one, add ten more.
LOL!! My laugh for the day. Can they be in my theater? I wouldn't mind seeing it if they were.

What is with overkill these days? They are doing that more and more. The saying "less is more" is a saying for a reason.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:53 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sure. Natural law of the universe, each theater exists in it's own dimension, which we are free to enter and exit through portals cleverly disguised as doors. This way we will all have them there.

Spoiler:
I think it will go something like this in each:

You take your seat in the theater just as the previews and commercials are finally ending. You glance to your right at your row mates only to notice it's the guys. [Insert fave Turtle] sits nearest to you a couple seats away. He catches your curious look in his peripheral vision and looks your way.

"Hey," he says.

"Hey. Um...aren't you guys supposed to be up there?" you ask pointing at the theater screen.

"You'd think so, right?" He asks shrugging and grabbing some popcorn from the bucket sitting in his neighboring brother's lap. "No room."
Old 07-22-2015, 01:03 PM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Sure. Natural law of the universe, each theater exists in it's own dimension, which we are free to enter and exit through portals cleverly disguised as doors. This way we will all have them there.

Spoiler:
I think it will go something like this in each:

You take your seat in the theater just as the previews and commercials are finally ending. You glance to your right at your row mates only to notice it's the guys. [Insert fave Turtle] sits nearest to you a couple seats away. He catches your curious look in his peripheral vision and looks your way.

"Hey," he says.

"Hey. Um...aren't you guys supposed to be up there?" you ask pointing at the theater screen.

"You'd think so, right?" He asks shrugging and grabbing some popcorn from the bucket sitting in his neighboring brother's lap. "No room."
If only our imaginary heroes were real or could become real...

Except then we'd all have pet dragons and train them to eat everybody else. It would be the war of the Mothers of Dragons (and Fathers of Dragons, too).
Old 07-22-2015, 01:21 PM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Except then we'd all have pet dragons and train them to eat everybody else.
This is a bad thing?
Old 07-22-2015, 01:30 PM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
This is a bad thing?
Not to US. But I suspect the ruling powers of the universe do not trust most of us with dragons.

I tried giving regular injections of steroids and testosterone to my pet iguana. Turns out, the salary he made from starring in last year's Godzilla movie is totally gonna pay for my great-grandkids' college education.

... Aaaaaaaalso a bunch of lawsuits from trampled cities.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:33 PM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I just checked which thread this is being discussed in, and am now disappointed it's not the Official Photos/Videos Thread.

I was hoping for more passive-aggressive coughing and reminders that there is a discussion thread.

Dammit, Aliena, why couldn't you have started this talk in the Official Photos/Videos Thread? Why do you have to be such a nice person?!
Old 07-22-2015, 02:02 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

I would love it if in the opening of the movie we see Sachs admit his failure to Shredder, and we see Shredder execute him in front of the Foot Clan by slitting his throat with his blades.

I know it will probably never happen, but I want to see Eric Sachs die on-screen in the most violent manner possible.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:19 PM   #12
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I would love it if in the opening of the movie we see Sachs admit his failure to Shredder, and we see Shredder execute him in front of the Foot Clan by slitting his throat with his blades.

I know it will probably never happen, but I want to see Eric Sachs die on-screen in the most violent manner possible.
I doubt it, Even though the first movie, They sacrifice one of the foot soldiers to demonstrate about that poison gas.

But they are not gonna go that far, I bet the sequel will have a darker but lighter tone, because of the director whose behind it, Made a family film in Earth to Echo.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:26 PM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I doubt it, Even though the first movie, They sacrifice one of the foot soldiers to demonstrate about that poison gas.

But they are not gonna go that far, I bet the sequel will have a darker but lighter tone, because of the director whose behind it, Made a family film in Earth to Echo.
Do you realize what you just said?

I hope you eat too many breakfast burritos and get fatter but skinner.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Not to US. But I suspect the ruling powers of the universe do not trust most of us with dragons.

I tried giving regular injections of steroids and testosterone to my pet iguana. Turns out, the salary he made from starring in last year's Godzilla movie is totally gonna pay for my great-grandkids' college education.

... Aaaaaaaalso a bunch of lawsuits from trampled cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

"These aren't your father's child's somebody's Turtles anymore."

Or let the Turtles off him. For what he did they should be allowed to skin him alive, roll him in salt, set him on fire, then throw him in front of a train.

Although seriously, recast Sack's character with Bay. Let that egomaniac be in it, when the Turtles get their revenge. Sweet, sweet revenge on screen and palpable off screen.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #15
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post

Wow. So you basically bought hook, line, and sinker what Amell was selling in that interview he gave recently.

Even the stuff that contradicted itself in the exact same interview.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:46 PM   #16
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Wow. So you basically bought hook, line, and sinker what Amell was selling in that interview he gave recently.

Even the stuff that contradicted itself in the exact same interview.
But hey, he didn't quote the entire statement. This was shorter but longer.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:01 PM   #17
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

"How many people are in TMNT 2?"

Well, the answer to that question is... too many.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:14 PM   #18
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
"How many people are in TMNT 2?"

Well, the answer to that question is... too many.
with the Turtles, Splinter, Shredder, Karai, Bebop, Rocksteady, Casey Jones, April, Vernon Fenwick, Baxter Stockman, Laura Linney's cop character, and possibly Krang.

That's about 15 characters if Krang is in the sequel.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:35 PM   #19
Powder
So tired of this place

Somebody mentioned a "new" villain, too, post-Krang news, so that may factor in as well. Also, Casey is said to have a brother with whom he works at his father's shop...
Oh, & whoever Judith Hoag is playing.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:46 PM   #20
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Somebody mentioned a "new" villain, too, post-Krang news, so that may factor in as well. Also, Casey is said to have a brother with whom he works at his father's shop...
Oh, & whoever Judith Hoag is playing.
Do we count actors who have cameos too?

We don't know if she will have any more scenes besides her scenes with April.

It could be possible that Judith Hoag will have indoor scenes, Since we only saw her during outdoor filming.