The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-31-2019, 08:59 AM   #61
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
And to top it off, those yellow-masked assassins will probably never show up again.
That whole thing with the assassins (who apparently are Karais assassins) begs the question, who were they after? Does Karai know that Jennika is still alive or was she targeting Alopex for her betrayal all those years ago? Maybe Hun for his betrayal? That last one wouldn't be out of left field so-to-speak since Karai became very anti-outsider prior to her leaving for Japan. It seems Bebop & Rocksteady are the only exceptions to her outsider angst.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:58 AM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

That's why I wish every issue was double length, it's obvious IDW wants to tell a story far bigger than the mandatory page count of 20 pages a month allows.

It also doesn't help IDW constantly sets up things that doesn't happen for months or even years later (like with Ch'rell or Null, or previously how long it took to get to Bishop, the Triceratons or Leatherhead's first proper debuts), or how the Pantheon story overall is so big in scope that it looks like it'll take the entire run of the series to properly cover.

It's why I hope that post issue 100 they don't introduce too many more new villains (I mean I know realistically there will be, but at least not huge big threats), and cover the story beats that had to sit on the sidelines for awhile like Ch'rell, Null (and Maligna), and then wrap up a lot of current story arcs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:57 AM   #63
ChosenOne
Banned

It wouldn't need to be 40 pages every issue if only it were biweekly... (hint, hint)
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:58 AM   #64
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Realistically, how long do you all think it would take to wrap everything currently here up? Because I think it would take at least another 100 issues to finish everything without truncating it.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 11:05 AM   #65
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Realistically, how long do you all think it would take to wrap everything currently here up? Because I think it would take at least another 100 issues to finish everything without truncating it.
I'd say they could do it in 50 issues. #75-#100 progressed the story a lot faster than I had anticipated.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:21 PM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Most likely to issue 150, assuming another new major villain isn't introduced. They basically still have Null and Ch'rell to cover whose stories haven't really properly started yet. I'm sure Maligna will be allied with Null similar to the Archie version and that's probably who Null was talking to in space.

Besides that the Patheon is obviously going to be here the entire run of the series, and I imagine Bishop will be around till the end too. The other characters depends on if they kill them off or not, I don't see Karai dying but rather imprisoned, but I can see Hun, Koya, Bludgeon, Ocho, Metalhead all biting the bullet at some point. Bebop/Rocksteady will probably appear on and off in their own miniseries like before.

Baxter will more or less probably remain ambiguously good for the rest of the series with the occasional shady dealing like with Null.

Everything I just listed above is another 50 issues worth of content, and this is not counting whatever new characters IDW continues to introduce after. If they do I hope it's just more minor threats or villains like Rahzar/Tokka, etc...rather than more big "major" threats like Ch'rell, Null, the Pantheon, etc.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:23 PM   #67
ChosenOne
Banned

It's hard to imagine which other big bads they could even introduce that haven't been covered already, othen than original characters.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:25 PM   #68
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah they've pretty much introduced almost every major villain in TMNT history so far that they can use, just more mutants like Rahzar/Tokka or Armaggon, etc. haven't been shown yet, but if they do appear I don't see them being major characters. They could use some Nick 2012 characters like Fishface or Tiger Claw, but I dunno if they're still "too new" to use at this point even though the cartoon ended a few years ago now.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:28 PM   #69
ChosenOne
Banned

Tokka/Rahzar and Armaggon are small fries in the grand scheme of things. Maybe villains like Lord Dregg, Chien Khan, Viral or Sh'okanabo could be made to work but they're all longshots. We already have the essentials, time to push it through to the end.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:32 PM   #70
CyberCubed
Overlord

Lord Dregg and Maligna pretty much cover the same ground as insectoid aliens, so I can only see Dregg appearing if he's Maligna's mate or something. She is the Queen after all and needs a male king.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:37 PM   #71
ChosenOne
Banned

I dunno about needing a king, she looks an awful lot like a praying mantis... If Dregg was her king at some point, he's a goner by now.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:40 PM   #72
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Would be the next fodder faction? We had the Savante set up to make Shredder's Foot Clan look good and then the Street Phantoms set up make Splinter's Foot Clan look good.

Where might The Federation fit in? General Blanque could always be Dask superior who went rogue if not The Federation itself that would fit into this universe.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:42 PM   #73
CyberCubed
Overlord

All the other random gangs are fodders or killed off quickly. The Savate were treated like a joke and all killed, Darius Dunn and the Street Phantoms were defeated easily, all those random gangs earlier in the series like the Ghost Boys were killed by Bebop/Rocksteady or arrested, then we just had Lupo and his gang who were all killed, and then just recently a whole bunch of gangsters like Big Louie and such were all killed by the Foot.

Pretty much every other rival faction outside the Foot and Purple Dragons just shows up to immediately die and be killed off.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:57 PM   #74
ChosenOne
Banned

Chien Khan's white (and more mystically-inclined) ninjas could be interesting to see, after 100 issues of fighting ninjas clad in black.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:20 PM   #75
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Chien Khan's white (and more mystically-inclined) ninjas could be interesting to see, after 100 issues of fighting ninjas clad in black.
They could be called The Sons of Silence and have a psychic connection to the galaxy.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:25 PM   #76
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
They could be called The Sons of Silence and have a psychic connection to the galaxy.
I'd like to see the Sons of Silence join IDW TMNT, yes, but not remixed with other characters. Though your idea isn't half bad, I gotta say.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:57 PM   #77
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I'd like to see the Sons of Silence join IDW TMNT, yes, but not remixed with other characters. Though your idea isn't half bad, I gotta say.
I thought it might make Chien Khan's group of ninjas into formidable force and give him a source of their power. Instead of a dog deity or whatever it was that Khan followed could instead be the Sons of Silence as his source of power. The Sons of Silence could also tie into the Pantheon and thus the overall storyarc.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:03 PM   #78
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I thought it might make Chien Khan's group of ninjas into formidable force and give him a source of their power. Instead of a dog deity or whatever it was that Khan followed could instead be the Sons of Silence as his source of power. The Sons of Silence could also tie into the Pantheon and thus the overall storyarc.
Now you're making me nostalgic for Cherubae, the Turnstone and Chu Hsi! All of them would make strong additions to IDW further down the line.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:08 PM   #79
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Now you're making me nostalgic for Cherubae, the Turnstone and Chu Hsi! All of them would make strong additions to IDW further down the line.

Aside from Future Shark Trilogy its been years since I have read the Adventures run. I suppose as we get closer to The Forever War seeing the light of day it is something to work into our schedules.

I guess it shows than any character can fit so long as the character(s) are able to make sense of where they are placed within the overall story. As proof who thought that Darius Dunn or Dark Water could serve a purpose?
Old 08-31-2019, 04:10 PM   #80
ChosenOne
Banned

IDW can make any character work, even Eric Sacks if they wanted to introduce him.