The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on the new DC and Marvel movie line-up?
Eh, I don't care about either 0 0%
OMG, I love BOTH! (Equally) 3 11.54%
Definitely Marvel 12 46.15%
Totally DC 4 15.38%
Leaning toward Marvel 6 23.08%
Leaning toward DC 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #21
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
If only you spent as much time over-analyzing super-heroes the way you do seemingly everything else. If nothing else, you'd realize how silly you sound a lot of times.
But it's true. It's very hard to make a Superman movie work well, since Superman can do ANYTHING, and Man of Steel just didn't do a good job.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

But he caaaan't. (Frustrated sigh) The nuances of telling Superman stories lie in detailing how he struggles between what he CAN do, what he CAN'T do, what he HAS to do, and how he manages to balance it all and still somehow have a life for himself. It's really pretty friggin' complicated, which is why whenever people say Superman's story lacks pathos, I know they personally have never read any, or at least none of the good ones.

There are days - many of them - where I feel like only about five people alive really understand Superman at all. I'm well aware how people perceive the character, but most of the time, they're pretty far off the mark.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #23
Sumac
Banned

Problem with Superman is finding right balance for the character. He should be extremely fine tuned to work well.

Personally, I think this task was failure as of late. Not because of MOS, but just how people perceive the character at large.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #24
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Superman just doesn't work in a "realistic" scenario. If a guy like Superman really existed and could move at super speed and is super powerful he'd be a God and nobody could take him down.

Superman: TAS by Bruce Timm is the best version of the character since in that show he wasn't any stronger than the average super villains.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Don't talk anymore.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #25
Leo656
The Franchise

HAH! That tickled me.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:00 AM   #26
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I am interested in both Marvel and DC's future line-up, but I will say that for whatever reason, DC movies feel more legit artistically. That sounds stupid, but it's like the directors/production teams put more of a personal stamp on DC films. The recent crop of Marvel adaptations are really great, but they feel a little flat and generic.

The Nolan Batman movies couldn't be more Nolany if Christopher Nolan played every part himself. Burton's Batman is totally different from Doner's Superman, or *gulp* Joel Schumacher's Batman. Even Man of Steal, which I didn't really care for, was visually compelling and reeked of Zac Snyder's style (for better or worse).

I like stuff like that.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:12 PM   #27
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I'm surprised how many people are looking forward to the Marvel line up, the only thing that interests me is Avengers 3 and Captain America 3 due to Iron Man's plot

Maybe I'm more of a fan if DC characters though, I did love Spider Man and X Men and now Iron Man. Kind of liked fantastic four other than that. The DC characters draw me in more though, I'm really looking forward to The Flash film and Justice League film, a bunch of new shows in the works that I'm looking forward to as well, starting with the Teen Titans series
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel, movie