The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

Angry What Grinds Your Gears? :)

What grinds my gears?
  1. Politicians
  2. Schools who think they're so much better than the other
  3. People who scrape their fork on their plate while eating.
  4. When it's way too flipping hot out.
  5. People who try to shove religion down your throat.
  6. Dishes that aren't rinsed off all the way and there's still stuff on them.
  7. people who talk louder than they should. (Like I wanna hear you from my room when your right across the street cussing at someone)
  8. When my brother touches my ninja turtle action figures. (Even when I tell him not to touch them or else.)
  9. The fact that there ain't seatbelts on school buses. (I mean what if one day you're in a bus and suddenly your being chased down by a pack of heavily armed hummers and escalades?)
Old 04-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphDonZixx View Post
What grinds my gears?
  1. The fact that there ain't seatbelts on school buses. (I mean what if one day you're in a bus and suddenly your being chased down by a pack of heavily armed hummers and escalades?)
School buses don't need seat belts. They're among the safest vehicles on the road, far safer than the average automobile. Besides, if the f*cking thing catches fire, more helpless kids'll die struggling to get out of their straps than if they can just scurry the f*ck out of there.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Hannah
Once more, with feeling!

Chewing with your mouth open. Can't handle that ****.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Family Guy references.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
Peanut
Second Gear

^^ This guy.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
Super Moderator

I don't like it when someone tries to interrupt me when I'm talking. Please let me finish my thought and I'll be glad to hear what you have to say.

I hate people who make empty threats. "If that guy talks sh*t about my friend Jake, I'll f*cking kill him." No you won't.

I think my biggest gear grinder, though, is people who are different just for the sake of being different. It's okay to agree with someone's opinion, or like the same thing someone else likes. Luckily I meet much less people like this now that I'm older.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

People that don't respect others.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Family Guy references.
I'm with you on that one!

-When people lay a controller upside down, jamming the control stick off in a direction!
-When people roughly handle my comic books.
-Not putting a CD back in it's proper case.
-When people say LOL outside the Internet or texting! Your right in front of me for God's sake! I can hear you when you laugh and when you say LOL your not actually laughing!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #9
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Orange Dude View Post
-When people roughly handle my comic books.
I can't think of anything more nerdy.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #10
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Orange Dude View Post
-When people say LOL outside the Internet or texting! Your right in front of me for God's sake! I can hear you when you laugh and when you say LOL your not actually laughing!
OMG dude if someone were to do that around me. I'd be confused. Like WTF are we still texting or something?

Here's another one: The fact that I looked like some dead chick from some asian horror movie when I got out of the pool.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
Hannah
Once more, with feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphDonZixx View Post
Here's another one: The fact that I looked like some dead chick from some asian horror movie when I got out of the pool.
I don't even... what?
Old 10-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #12
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

People in my family not taking me seriously/not treating me with enough respect.Just because i'm the youngest member of the family, doesn't mean that can treat me like a six year old.

My brother purposely attacking my favorite things.
(e.g. My brother was watching the amazing spiderman upstairs in his room. I come in to talk to him. He is up to the part where Peter and Gwen are at the football grounds. They kiss and peter catches the ball and throws it back, hitting the big goal thing (don't what it's called). Of course he bends it. I said ''This is what i don't get, why don't people figure out he is spiderman from that?'')

The thing is, i said it in a really calm way. The way i said it was i thought this was a genuine plot point.

My brother then replies back, saying ''Well how come in the dark knight rises, Bruce Wayne disappears on the same day batman does, and no one can put the two together?''He said it in a really aggressive tone, like he was tearing the film apart. I was thinking: Why? What was the point of that? I know you don't like the film, but there was no need to react like that.

Also, politics. Don't get me started. I know some politics can be good, but mostly, politics are just completely pointless and cause more problems than solving them.

I feel so much better after that mega rant.

Next person?
Old 10-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #13
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
People in my family not taking me seriously/not treating me with enough respect.Just because i'm the youngest member of the family, doesn't mean that can treat me like a six year old.

My brother purposely attacking my favorite things.
(e.g. My brother was watching the amazing spiderman upstairs in his room. I come in to talk to him. He is up to the part where Peter and Gwen are at the football grounds. They kiss and peter catches the ball and throws it back, hitting the big goal thing (don't what it's called). Of course he bends it. I said ''This is what i don't get, why don't people figure out he is spiderman from that?'')

The thing is, i said it in a really calm way. The way i said it was i thought this was a genuine plot point.

My brother then replies back, saying ''Well how come in the dark knight rises, Bruce Wayne disappears on the same day batman does, and no one can put the two together?''He said it in a really aggressive tone, like he was tearing the film apart. I was thinking: Why? What was the point of that? I know you don't like the film, but there was no need to react like that.

Also, politics. Don't get me started. I know some politics can be good, but mostly, politics are just completely pointless and cause more problems than solving them.

I feel so much better after that mega rant.

Next person?
Oh man, my future father in law's brother. This guy loves talking politics and doing it so much that everyone else tries to find excuses to leave the room. I've not met this guy yet, but I hear he's the type to treat you like dirt if you don't agree with his political views. He's not talked to my fiancé's dad for months because he basically told the guy to quit putting other peoples' views down.

Sorry bout your family patronizing you. Mine tend to do that occasionally. lol it's mostly these aunts on my mom's side. I suppose it doesn't matter to some family members how old you are. They're always going to see some of us as still being 5. Seems like aunts and grandmothers are the worst at doing this.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #14
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I got one

So I go to Red Lobster once in a while or maybe somewhere to pick up a burger. You know those really rude customers who seem to enjoy giving the folks behind the counter a hard time? Those guys really grind my gears. I can still remember this one kid working at a Sonic a few years ago. This jerk got all over her for something the guys in the kitchen undoubtedly did. She was just a friggin carhop. Anyway, it made the poor kid cry but she just stood there and took it. I called him a few things I probably shouldn't have lol. He didn't really have anything to say to me because I carry around a really big cane. I swear I wasn't going to hit him. I've never gotten into a fight with anyone. Although I was sorely tempted to hit that guy. People who enjoy intimidating others usually don't know how to handle things when you go off on them. This guy just mumbled something and drove off. Sure I felt like throwing up afterwards because I don't usually do that kind of thing, but I think it was worth it. So people who enjoy using others as doormats really grind my gears. I'm better now though. I swear the next time that happens, I'll just go talk to the manager or something.

Last edited by blindturtle02; 10-14-2013 at 12:17 PM.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #15
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I hear you about politics. I hate them and really want nothing to do with them because it's all a big waste of time when they only care about themselves. I've heard of Rick Perry, and I don't like him at all because he tried to run for President, and his ads were just so grating to me. I think he's supposed to retire though, isn't he?

Sorry about your family doing that to you, Headbands. So not cool.

I'm ranting about family, too, namely my dad and how he just doesn't know what he's doing. Plus he bought a house to rent out behind my mom's and my back and lied to me about saying he'd tell them no when he already signed the deal. Gah, he just ticks me off with what he does. Such a jerk. But what can you expect from an alcoholic?

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #16
Leo656
The Franchise

People who can't accept they're wrong, and can't stand any consequences that may come from their actions. My wife and I go back and forth on this a lot, because frankly she makes bad decisions. She pisses money away constantly, most of which is mine, never cooks or cleans, has barely been able to hold a job in her life (before getting "disabled" and getting a free check every month), and when I see fit to call her on her bullsh*t, I'm an "assh*le". We've been fighting for MONTHS now, and I've really, really been trying very hard to be patient and kind. But I can't anymore. I've told her I love her, I've tried being nice to her, and all I get is "I hate you, you're an assh*le", and it ALL comes back to the same problem: That I don't act like she's PERFECT all the time. That I call her names when I'm pissed off. That when she acts stupid, I say so. Big f*cking deal.

I don't have a lot of patience. My parents didn't have a lot of patience. My father, in particular, was a man of few words and cut right to the point. If something you say or do is stupid or flat-out retarded, I am GOING to say you're being stupid or retarded. If you act like a spoiled brat, I'm going to call you a spoiled brat. And if, like tonight, you've let the house turn to complete sh*t just because you "haven't felt like" cleaning it, despite several polite reminders, I'm going to call it like it is and say you're both "lazy" and "an embarrassment". So now I'm an assh*le again, for telling the f*cking truth. F*ck her and her f*cking feelings.

Be better and you won't get called f*cking names. Seems pretty simple to anyone who's not a complete moron.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #17
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, I hear you about politics. I hate them and really want nothing to do with them because it's all a big waste of time when they only care about themselves. I've heard of Rick Perry, and I don't like him at all because he tried to run for President, and his ads were just so grating to me. I think he's supposed to retire though, isn't he?

Sorry about your family doing that to you, Headbands. So not cool.

I'm ranting about family, too, namely my dad and how he just doesn't know what he's doing. Plus he bought a house to rent out behind my mom's and my back and lied to me about saying he'd tell them no when he already signed the deal. Gah, he just ticks me off with what he does. Such a jerk. But what can you expect from an alcoholic?
Oo, Perry is retiring? I hadn't heard that but yay! I hope so. And as for alcoholics, I've got one on my mom's side of the fam-- an aunt, and my fiancé's uncle is also one. So we def know all about those types of jerks. I hope things get better on your end. My fiancé's dad is having to take care of this uncle who is on her mom's side. Her mom passed away about a year ago so Bec's dad is doing this out of charity but I think he's about ready to contact his wife's fam and say,"Hey, he's your blood so you're going to have to pitch in." Alcies seriously love using the heck out of nice people. I think there comes a time when you've just got to let them help themselves.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:27 AM   #18
Mr. J
Thug

Whenever I go on a music video on YouTube and I see a stupid message about Justin Bieber. I'm not a fan of him at all, I very much dislike his music, but, I would like to be able to listen to King Diamond or something without being reminded of his existence.

Don't they realize that they are promoting him just by mentioning him on every video?
Old 02-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #19
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

People who care more about making money than pleasing their customers/viewers. It always comes across as a lazy way of doing something, and makes them look desperate. Making money is fine and all, but the interest of the customer or viewers should come first, not the money.

EDIT: But at least because of that, we got one of Pink Floyd's best albums, so it's not all bad.

Last edited by Whatswiththeheadbands?; 02-07-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:13 PM   #20
Wingnut
Mad Scientist

I am pissed about winter in general, but people who drive INSANELY fast on black ice/snow covered roads are testing my sanity lately.

If it was sunny and 70 these people wouldn't even approach the speed limit but when the roads freeze over, all of a sudden, they get the need for speed.