The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-02-2018, 04:26 AM   #101
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by useasneeded4pain View Post
Playmates doesn't sell TMNT figures at Gamestop that I'm aware, so they likely allowed NECA to sell there in exchange for a royalty from NECA's sales.
well according to some schmuck on Facebook Playmates has no control on where and what NECA can sell. he thinks NECA deals strictly with Nickelodeon and they hand out the contracts to both NECA and Playmates. i tried arguing that Playmates holds the master license so they have some say in scale, quantity, where they can sell ect. and he used a Coke/Pepsi dont communicate with each other argument. then he asked for sources to support my "conspiracy theory"
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:21 AM   #102
bwwd
Hench Mutant

yeah he doesnt know how market works, neca is competitor for playmates it they would sell 7 inch henson turtles in shops and playmates will lose a lot , i mean its obvious people would buy neca over playmates.Its not like they really lose money but you know, if you have a choice to buy better product you do it, especially figures where looks matter the most.
Also playmates makes tmnt since a lot of years so maybe nickelodeon doesnt want to go against oldest partner by giving neca the license just like that.Even if playmates figs look like **** leftovers for kids sculpted after hours.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:54 PM   #103
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
keep digging that whole you social pariah

Well, for what it's worth he already lost one costumer here, I've reached out to him in the past and he came along quite pushy, it left a bitter taste in my mouth but I was gratefull for him for getting me what I asked all the same.

But the way he handled himself during this whole thing and the fact I've had such a great experience with MyUS.com made me not wanting to deal with him ever again.

It's one thing to scalpe, it's another thing entirelly to brag about it.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:58 PM   #104
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I sold four more turtles this past week for nearly $400 and ordered another set. No misfortune here whatsoever.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Teenag...kAAOSw0rNbO~fc
There's no way I'm paying nearly 100 bucks plus whatever taxes and fees for a used figure.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #105
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
There's no way I'm paying nearly 100 bucks plus whatever taxes and fees for a used figure.
I was thinking the same thing, but I went and looked at his sales history and plenty of people are.

That also gave me an idea though. I could sell my derpy eyed turtles on ebay for that price and then when the gamestop ones drop, Ill replace them in the collector box. If they come out worse or different somehow, it also appears (according to his sales history), I could sell off the accessories anyway. Not sure who is paying these prices for these little parts, or why so much, but they are.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:56 AM   #106
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
I was thinking the same thing, but I went and looked at his sales history and plenty of people are.
That's because people are desperate and the ones who set these insane prices know that. There are Funko POPs that are 200+ on Amazon because they're discontinued but I refuse to pay those prices.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:34 AM   #107
bwwd
Hench Mutant

yeah, and honestly if NECA would want 300$ for 7 inch turtles... i would pay that.
It was most wanted thing.I would pay even more.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:18 AM   #108
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post

That also gave me an idea though. I could sell my derpy eyed turtles on ebay for that price and then when the gamestop ones drop, Ill replace them in the collector box. If they come out worse or different somehow, it also appears (according to his sales history), I could sell off the accessories anyway. Not sure who is paying these prices for these little parts, or why so much, but they are.
I didn't get any derpy eyed ones though. That's why I've been able to sell them for these prices.

I have sold three or four pizza boxes for around $30 to $35 and the same number of collector's video cassette boxes with no figures in them. I have now purchased a total of 14 sets and I am bidding on two more.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 11:59 AM   #109
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I'm definitely going to try to sell the VHS collector box. It's big and space is an issue for me. It will make a good display piece for someone that gets the individual releases.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:12 AM   #110
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Gamestop also has them as a bundle release

https://www.gamestop.com/collectible...amestop/167619

91.99 plus tax and they have a 7.00 express shipping option for this

Last edited by TMNTFanatic4Life; 09-04-2018 at 11:43 AM.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:35 AM   #111
AquaParade
Banned

Thanks for sharing the bundle.

I was grumbling to myself about how I'd have to cancel my separate orders and then re-order the bundle, when I decided to just order a bundle on top of my previous orders. I want to show support for this line, and I'd love to have a set in the package.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:42 PM   #112
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Is the bundle any different from the individual releases when it comes to the packaging? I’m assuming the bundle is the same as the individual releases but you can just order them in one shot instead of four, right?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #113
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
Is the bundle any different from the individual releases when it comes to the packaging? I’m assuming the bundle is the same as the individual releases but you can just order them in one shot instead of four, right?

It's the same, but you play a little less of a shipping charge as it's just one fee for the bundle where as if you order all 4 Turtles individually, you pay a shipping charge for each.

5.49 for each shipped vs just 7.00 for the whole bundle shipped....saves you about 15 dollars.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:10 AM   #114
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Thank you for posting the bundle!
Old 09-06-2018, 02:04 PM   #115
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Thanks....just switched to the bundle!
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:14 AM   #116
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Just FYI everyone... bundle only ships to U.S., unlike the individual turtles. Foiled again
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:22 PM   #117
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Why not just order the individual turtles then? It's nice, but its only $15.00 savings.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:02 AM   #118
Dragnskull
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
Theres huge money to be made with movie turtles and i hope NECA will milk it as much as theyu can and release much more stuff.
wtb the bass playing mohawk teenager from the foots warehouse in movie1
Dragnskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:41 AM   #119
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

I want to reiterate that if you live near a Game Stop you can order right in store, and avoid shipping cost.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:50 PM   #120
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Toys costs more to ship abroad than to U.S., so it's more than $15 difference to have to buy individual toys abroad than a whole package in one go. And obviously if you're abroad you don't have a GameStop near you. It's just a heads up about this annoying hurdle for us non-American residents, obviously not the worst thing in the world but still annoying.

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote