The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-15-2019, 10:01 PM   #61
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
There should be a wider range of ages catered to, but Nick is clearly afraid of confusing parents and tainting the waters of their kiddy $ pool. It's the same dilemma facing Marvel with Deadpool right now, where it will be interesting to see whether they let the adult toys play with the kid toys.

Or how the first TMNT movie faced massive backlash from parents who thought they were going to see a cartoon, leading of course to the neutered sequel.

However, I think audiences are

A. Now comprised of more adults than ever who want TMNT content.

B. Sophisticated enough to figure out what is for children and what is not. Batman has proven it can be done.
I've been ready for an R-rated TMNT for a very long time. And now that we have a very successful Logan and Joker film, not to mention the likes of TV shows like Daredevil and the Punisher, not to mention South Park, you would think these studios would realize the money isn't in the kiddos anymore, but the older crowd.

I'm 40 now, but I'm still hopeful that I will finally see a TMNT movie or TV show on Netflix where they will finally not hold back the boys from a really good fight!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:14 PM   #62
TommyT
Banned

THIS FILM IS RATED R

That would work, right? I mean, isn't that the entire point of a rating system?

and if you're the kind of distracted parent that brings kids to an adult movie, you deserve what you get.

Ninja Turtles is not for kids.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 03:50 AM   #63
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
THIS FILM IS RATED R

That would work, right? I mean, isn't that the entire point of a rating system?

and if you're the kind of distracted parent that brings kids to an adult movie, you deserve what you get.

Ninja Turtles is not for kids.
I introduced a friend of mine who is a black belt martial artist to the 2012 series and the very first episode I showed him was "Lone rat and cubs" because that one is the best episode to make people familiar with the series.

He was blown away but also said "How is this a kids' show? There's NO WAY kids could watch this!" He was right, the level of violence was too big to be a Kids show.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:57 AM   #64
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
I introduced a friend of mine who is a black belt martial artist to the 2012 series and the very first episode I showed him was "Lone rat and cubs" because that one is the best episode to make people familiar with the series.

He was blown away but also said "How is this a kids' show? There's NO WAY kids could watch this!" He was right, the level of violence was too big to be a Kids show.
What part of "Lone rat and cubs" made say that.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:19 PM   #65
ABrown
Banned

The new Rise cartoon kind of reminds me of the Next Mutation series in that I just don't find it to be the LEAST bit entertaining. It's not that I find either the animation/character designs or the voice acting to be bad. But I just don't find the show to be entertaining at all.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #66
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
The new Rise cartoon kind of reminds me of the Next Mutation series in that I just don't find it to be the LEAST bit entertaining. It's not that I find either the animation/character designs or the voice acting to be bad. But I just don't find the show to be entertaining at all.
Count me in. It's likely due to how alien and experimental the show is, just like TNM.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:20 AM   #67
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
What part of "Lone rat and cubs" made say that.
The scenes of Splinter taking down Kraang droids and the oil as a replacement for blood is splattering around, or that one scene where he pulls the Kraang from its robot body in a way that looks as if he pulls the guts out.

Not to mention the scene where Splinter almost drowns when trying to save the turtles when they are trapped underwater with an upturned shopping cart.

The episode was VERY violent.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:44 AM   #68
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The scenes of Splinter taking down Kraang droids and the oil as a replacement for blood is splattering around, or that one scene where he pulls the Kraang from its robot body in a way that looks as if he pulls the guts out.

Not to mention the scene where Splinter almost drowns when trying to save the turtles when they are trapped underwater with an upturned shopping cart.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20171116061755
The episode was VERY violent.
All of those things are pretty much a standard Samurai Jack.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #69
TommyT
Banned

Quote:

2012 came close a few times to the feel, but again, while the story telling was good at times, the look was still basic and simplified.

TMNT deserves a full blown anime look, like the beautiful stuff Arc System Works is putting out.

Not as flamboyant maybe, but the tech is available.

At 22 secs... that's CGI, not hand drawn.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote