The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-30-2020, 09:42 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Superman: The Man Of Tomorrow Animated Feature (2020)

Well, I guess it's official, Warner are abandoning their current DC animated universe and starting from scratch

Quote:
This summer sees the release of Superman: Man of Tomorrow, which finds Clark Kent working as an intern for the Daily Planet and learning on the job how to save the city of Metropolis. Check out an exclusive first look from the film above.

Darren Criss, who can be seen on Netflix this weekend starring in Ryan Murphy's new drama Hollywood, will lead the Superman: Man of Tomorrow cast as the big blue boy scout himself. Zachary Quinto, who got his start playing the murderous supervillain Sylar on NBC's Heroes, will here voice one of the greatest supervillains of all time: Lex Luthor. Alexandra Daddario (San Andreas) will voice Lois Lane.

That's the rundown on the biggest names in Superman's orbit. But Man of Tomorrow will also shine the spotlight on two less famous rogues: Lobo and Parasite. Lobo, an intergalactic bounty hunter who calls himself "the Main Man," will be voiced by Brett Dalton (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) while Parasite (a.k.a. Rudy Jones) will be voiced by Ryan Hurst (The Walking Dead). Parasite is one of the most well-named characters in superhero comics: A monster who can literally suck the superpowers and life out of other beings. As such, he's one of the few villains who can actually pose a threat to Superman.

The rest of the voice cast includes Ike Amadi (Mass Effect 3) as fellow superhero Martian Manhunter, Neil Flynn (Scrubs) as Jonathan Kent, and Bellamy Young (Scandal) as Martha Kent. Superman: Man of Tomorrow is directed by Chris Palmer (Voltron: Legendary Defender) and written by Tim Sheridan (The Death of Superman), with Butch Lukic (Justice League, Batman Beyond) serving as supervising producer.

Superman: Man of Tomorrow becomes available on digital video, 4K Ultra combo pack, and Blu-ray combo pack this summer.
https://ew.com/movies/darren-criss-z...nimated-movie/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:09 AM   #2
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Im so sick of every other DC Animated movie being Superman this Batman that Wonder Woman this.

They have a Pantheon of characters yet they always do the holy trinity
Old 04-30-2020, 10:14 AM   #3
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Im so sick of every other DC Animated movie being Superman this Batman that Wonder Woman this.

They have a Pantheon of characters yet they always do the holy trinity
There is a significant number of very strange, sort of "comic book cliche" DC characters, man. I mean, you aren't wrong, but it takes some creative investment to make some of those guys shine. Somehow JLA Unlimited did it....

I would love to see Armageddon 2001 adapted into DC animation.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:31 AM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
There is a significant number of very strange, sort of "comic book cliche" DC characters, man. I mean, you aren't wrong, but it takes some creative investment to make some of those guys shine. Somehow JLA Unlimited did it....

I would love to see Armageddon 2001 adapted into DC animation.
That would could be cool. They would probably mess it up with an 80 feature though.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:53 AM   #5
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Everytime they try to do non Batman or JL movies the sales are lower, even big ones like Superman hence why we get the same stuff over and over again. This line has never stuck to a continuity, they did with Nu52 for a while but hasn't it been a while since they also abandoned that?

This line had a lot of potential but it was inconsistent since the beginning, and they've never tried to have any long term plan which is a shame since by now it's been coming out with movies for 15 years..
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 11:01 AM   #6
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Can't we just get a Superman animated series or something, I'm tired of all of these DTV movies
Old 04-30-2020, 11:18 AM   #7
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

It's been almost six years since the end of Beware the Batman. I'm surprised DC hasn't came out with yet another Batman animated series. I'm fine with that since he was getting too much focus. They celebrated his 80th anniversary and went all out with the hosts of DC's Youtube channel gushing over his greatest moments but I don't recall them doing much for Supes'. The Bat needs a break. Superman and Wonder Woman deserve more attention out of the trinity as of right now.

I might give this a look but I still haven't watched Red Son yet.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 12:17 PM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

Lobo and Parasite sounds kinda promising.

And dude, I'd box my way through an entire senior citizens community to see someone adapt the juicy parts of Armageddon 2001. Throw in "Emerald Twilight" and "Zero Hour" adaptations and I might open the contest up to people who have a vague idea of who and where they are.

I never even thought about it until right now, but dude, I would do things I'm not proud of in exchange for an "Emerald Twilight" adaptation. Now it's gonna bother me forever.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 12:38 PM   #9
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Action cartoons died, I remember how the DC block when we would finally get a bunch of DC cartoons failed miserably. But it's been nearly a decade since then surely there has to be a shift back to action eventually, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Can't we just get a Superman animated series or something, I'm tired of all of these DTV movies
They tried to do one before Man of Steel came out but they decided there was no market, so now that they can't even get a superman movie out things are even worse. Even Batman can't get a cartoon nowadays. Justice League Action failing not only spelled the doom for any other DC hero not Batman/Superman, but even the big 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
It's been almost six years since the end of Beware the Batman. I'm surprised DC hasn't came out with yet another Batman animated series.
Beware the Batman was a novel idea, only watched one episode and it was weird, unsure how the rest of the show was. I think people were just Batman overloaded, after The Batman we got Brave and the Bold immediately and then we got Beware right after B&TB, no time to breath or miss Batman, similar to what happened with TMNT. We are definitely due a new Batman show.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:05 PM   #10
Galactus
Foot Elite

Lobo and Parasite are obscure characters? I mean Parasite maybe after all anything other than Lex, Brainiac and Zod you kinda get a bit fuzzy with Supes enemies but Lobo was quite the big deal for DC back in the 90s to the point they thought he could beat Woverine in a popularity contest.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 01:08 PM   #11
AquaParade
Banned

I'd love to see some animated Vertigo adaptions, while they aren't shying away from the content. I may even forgive the cheap animation were they to nail the other elements.

The Invisibles, Preacher, Before Watchmen, or Shade the Changing Man could all be a lot of fun.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 01:30 PM   #12
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I'd love to see some animated Vertigo adaptions, while they aren't shying away from the content. I may even forgive the cheap animation were they to nail the other elements.

The Invisibles, Preacher, Before Watchmen, or Shade the Changing Man could all be a lot of fun.
hell id take an animated Swamp Thing movie too
Old 04-30-2020, 02:39 PM   #13
Sumac
Banned

IMO, Justice League and BVS poisoned brand to the point that Batman is no longer is a sure-money maker he was for DC throughout the last decade.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 04:49 PM   #14
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Action cartoons died, I remember how the DC block when we would finally get a bunch of DC cartoons failed miserably. But it's been nearly a decade since then surely there has to be a shift back to action eventually, right?

They tried to do one before Man of Steel came out but they decided there was no market, so now that they can't even get a superman movie out things are even worse. Even Batman can't get a cartoon nowadays. Justice League Action failing not only spelled the doom for any other DC hero not Batman/Superman, but even the big 2.

Beware the Batman was a novel idea, only watched one episode and it was weird, unsure how the rest of the show was. I think people were just Batman overloaded, after The Batman we got Brave and the Bold immediately and then we got Beware right after B&TB, no time to breath or miss Batman, similar to what happened with TMNT. We are definitely due a new Batman show.
If this was 2017 I would agree with you but now we got tons of more mature action animated series with even Harley Quinn having her own popular tv series.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:58 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Young Justice Season 4 is coming, and it's pretty much the only action cartoon DC had for the entire 2010 decade.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:42 PM   #16
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Young Justice Season 4 is coming, and it's pretty much the only action cartoon DC had for the entire 2010 decade.
Except for Green Lantern, Beware the Batman, Justice League Action and if you want to make a reach DC Superhero girls
Old 05-01-2020, 08:08 AM   #17
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
This line has never stuck to a continuity, they did with Nu52 for a while but hasn't it been a while since they also abandoned that?
Not really the line is only now being discontinued with the upcoming Justice League Dark follow-up coming soon

Quote:
If this was 2017 I would agree with you but now we got tons of more mature action animated series with even Harley Quinn having her own popular tv series.
I wouldn't call Harley Quinn 'mature', it's a black comedy and the best thing about it is Ivy.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:50 AM   #18
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post

I wouldn't call Harley Quinn 'mature', it's a black comedy and the best thing about it is Ivy.
Well an animated series meant for adult audiences also you misspelled Bane.
Old 05-01-2020, 05:46 PM   #19
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
I said action cartoon, we don't need any more "adult" comedies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That's depressing, and the YJ revival was pretty much only done to get hardcore internet fans and shippers into subbing to the DC service and not because they thought it was a good idea.

The original YJ on CN was left to die like the other action DC shows.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:17 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kind of ironic Teen Titans Season 6 never did happen after all these years. Of any old show that got a revival, you would assume they would bring back the original 2003 series for at least one or two more seasons. I remember there being rumors about it a few years ago but nothing happened. I guess the movie Teen Titans Vs. TT Go is the closest we'll get. I consider it canon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote