The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 04:21 PM   #61
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post

Donnie had a gruesome death (being crushed to death caused by Jei's spell) and Raph death seemed too easy because he just got hit by purple fire.
For some reason it went entirely by me Donnie was crushed to death. Ugh... that is gruesome. I was wondering what happened to him when I saw him lying on the ground, I'm so slow in picking things up at times.

And yeah, despite we knew it was a dream, it made an impact on me as well. They did a great job with the entire scene, and then Leo holding Mikey...

Last edited by JH24; 08-01-2017 at 04:27 PM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:33 PM   #62
Glitter Wand
Thug

Even though it was a dream caused by Jei's magic, it was still rather intense.

"You need a recon flyby? I'm the birdman for the job! Pigeon Pete's ago!" - Pete
Glitter Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:47 PM   #63
JH24
Hench Mutant

@ Glitter Wand

Definitely intense. Not only the way Leo's brothers died, but also how Jei really comes across as a menacing villain.

When I watched the episode the volume was set pretty low. The first time I thought Donnie was just being restrained, after watching the scene again I could actually hear his choking sounds and dying breath.

Last edited by JH24; 08-01-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:06 PM   #64
Glitter Wand
Thug

I honestly thought this episode was grate, despite Leo's arrogance. He admitted he was wrong and that he should of listened to Usagi in the end, though. Plus, I agree with Raph. Kintaro really needs to be taught some respect. He may be a prince, but he has no right to treat people like that.

"You need a recon flyby? I'm the birdman for the job! Pigeon Pete's ago!" - Pete
Glitter Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:38 PM   #65
Meliwen
Foot Soldier

Perhaps it's because I haven't watched the older episodes for a while now, but is Leo supposed to be the cool headed leader who goes in with a strategy, or is he now the one who rushes into things without thinking (like Raph used? to be) and/or tries to play the hero? Clash of the Mutanimals, if my memory serves, set Leo up as the calm strategist, where he actually had to learn that there wasn't always time for a plan.

That's typically how I see Leo, but then again, in other episodes Leo has a knack for going solo, and now in this one he jumps into fights, while in a dimension he isn't familiar with, without a plan despite being surrounded by allies. I can't pinpoint Leo's character right now, but is Leo acting OOC in this episode, or is this what his character is now? If it is, it almost seems like he's regressed in some aspects of leadership, which is an interesting choice for the show to make. If it's intentional, perhaps the stress of leading is getting to him, but didn't the first arc of this season deal with that already? I don't expect Leo to always make perfect decisions, his his actions here felt like they fell on the extreme end of things, compared to how he usually acts or has acted. At any rate, Leo's actions seemed odd and I don't like solo Leo, so I wasn't a fan of him in this episode.

Overall, while the final battle here was just meh for me, I really liked this episode and I really like this arc. I really liked Kintaro, Jei, the Tanuki, the spider and Usagi.
Meliwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:54 PM   #66
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliwen View Post
Perhaps it's because I haven't watched the older episodes for a while now, but is Leo supposed to be the cool headed leader who goes in with a strategy, or is he now the one who rushes into things without thinking (like Raph used? to be) and/or tries to play the hero? Clash of the Mutanimals, if my memory serves, set Leo up as the calm strategist, where he actually had to learn that there wasn't always time for a plan.

That's typically how I see Leo, but then again, in other episodes Leo has a knack for going solo, and now in this one he jumps into fights, while in a dimension he isn't familiar with, without a plan despite being surrounded by allies. I can't pinpoint Leo's character right now, but is Leo acting OOC in this episode, or is this what his character is now? If it is, it almost seems like he's regressed in some aspects of leadership, which is an interesting choice for the show to make. If it's intentional, perhaps the stress of leading is getting to him, but didn't the first arc of this season deal with that already? I don't expect Leo to always make perfect decisions, his his actions here felt like they fell on the extreme end of things, compared to how he usually acts or has acted. At any rate, Leo's actions seemed odd and I don't like solo Leo, so I wasn't a fan of him in this episode.

Overall, while the final battle here was just meh for me, I really liked this episode and I really like this arc. I really liked Kintaro, Jei, the Tanuki, the spider and Usagi.
My thoughts exactly. It was an okay episode. I like the final act more than the rest of it.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:33 PM   #67
Optimus Primer
Foot Soldier

Is there any way to watch this free and not on TV? My DVR didn't record the episode, and there's no re-runs of it soon.
Optimus Primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:37 PM   #68
Powder
So tired of this place

Google will take you where you want to go. Streaming links & stuff aren't permitted here.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:44 PM   #69
Optimus Primer
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Google will take you where you want to go. Streaming links & stuff aren't permitted here.
NVM, Nick.com put it up. I checked a few days ago, but it wasn't there.
Optimus Primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:34 AM   #70
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliwen View Post

I guess it was mostly because he didn't trust Usagi, didn't want to admit they needed him, and wanted to assert himself as a leader.

Or it just depends on the writer.

Last edited by JH24; 08-03-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:12 AM   #71
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
NVM, Nick.com put it up. I checked a few days ago, but it wasn't there.
Nick.com can be weird like that.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:00 AM   #72
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Gotta be honest, last episode was written better.

This one doesn't really move the plot; silly Tanuki messing with the boys, spider LOTR tribute got tiring, dream sequence that had no repercussion nor foreshadow. Nothing of significance happened, no point really.

We could've just skipped to the next (third) arc and not miss anything from this second one. Missed opportunity indeed.

Wish Sakai could've written the complete trilogy. Still, I'm very happy we get Usagi in this series.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:09 AM   #73
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I really liked this episode, but Tanuki are my second favorite Yokai. And we got to know that the Tanuki that saved the Turtles are all dudes... Good times
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:34 PM   #74
senpai
Stone Warrior

In all honesty, I feel like the quality of the show has taken a dive. I know people will disagree with me on this as I understand there are die-hard fans out there. I feel as though the writing and pacing is pretty contrived (and I felt this way starting in season 4). Regarding this last episode, to me, Leonardo's arrogance was very out of character; and the sole reason for making him so headstrong was to shine more light on Usagi. I haven't read much of Usagi Yojimbo, though from what I can recall, he and Leo are pretty similar in personality...

I want a new TMNT show now. IDW-style, please.
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:36 PM   #75
Vegita-San
Emperor

i sure don't disagree, but i noticed the quality drop in season 2 from the excellent season 1. and it just got worse from there.

I'm one of the few who thinks season 4's space arc felt rather fun and more like tmnt than anything else they'd done up to that point.

Sadly, the next show will be more like teen titans go if rumors are to be told.

Nick Doesn't really do serious and adult.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:44 PM   #76
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
i sure don't disagree, but i noticed the quality drop in season 2 from the excellent season 1. and it just got worse from there.

I'm one of the few who thinks season 4's space arc felt rather fun and more like tmnt than anything else they'd done up to that point.

When in season 2 did you think the show jumped the shark? Just curious since I always thought it wasnt until season 3 when some of the really silly stuff began to happen and think season 2 is like and even better than season 1 in some ways.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:52 PM   #77
senpai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post

:sadpanda: That's a drag because there's so much good plot to work with!

Another personal pet peeve that's getting to me now are all the references. The whole show is nothing but nods at other junk in pop culture.

And because I feel like I need to say something about the latest episode considering that's why we're all here, tanuki are jerks. I hate 'em.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:53 PM   #78
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
When in season 2 did you think the show jumped the shark? Just curious since I always thought it wasnt until season 3 when some of the really silly stuff began to happen and think season 2 is like and even better than season 1 in some ways.
If I had to take a guess, the first episode, Mutation Situation, was underwhelming for returning back to square one and the writing not being as tight in it. Outside it, maybe Kraang Conspiracy for the April plotline not doing much or Pizza Face. Plan 10 was also not too good in my opinion.

I think Conspiracy or Pizza Face are definitely where the series became off. There's some good in 2, but it's definitely a step down from season 1 in the writing department.

I still wonder to this day what would've happened had the writing team of season 1 stayed onboard.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:04 PM   #79
CyberCubed
Overlord

The show has never jumped the shark. There are of course lackluster or bad episodes in every season, some Season 2 eps like the Pizzaface ep and the Sir Malachi ep I didn't care for...but they're fillers...like who cares.

Same for every other season. What other show do you people watch where every single episode is excellent? Every cartoon out there has lackluster episodes, it's like you guys don't watch any other show and I know you all do.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:15 PM   #80
senpai
Stone Warrior

The point is the show had a great start and some people now feel the show sucks. A filler here and there is forgivable and sometimes even welcomed but that doesn't change my mind that the writing is bad.

Tags
ban the cuck, cucktaro, hi brandon