The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #81
Turo602
The King of Kings

The TMNT looked decent to me but Splinter, April, Casey, and Shredder looked like trash. But lets hope Nickelodeon doesn't screw up. I'm not to fond on the CGI thing.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:59 AM   #82
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

I hate to be the wet blanket here, but you all may be blowing your chances of any of your suggestions being taken.

On the creator of Earthworm Jim's forum, you are not allowed to post ideas or suggestions for the new game. Why? This is why:
http://tennapel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9587
Quote:
Just a reminder for the new people, this is a forum that Doug hosts and visits. In order to protect his work and not expose himself to claims of IP theft he has requested that no suggestions for new game content be posted. The consequence id a perma-ban from this site, deletion of your post and the reality that your idea will never be in the game.
Make of that as you will.

Also, unless Pixar is working on it, NO CG. Please.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #83
CyberCubed
Overlord

Its pretty obvious nobody at Nick is reading this thread anyway. This is more of a "wishlist" thread, rather than something we expect to happen.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #84
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

my ideas

Well, being a fan of the old series, here's what I'd hve like to seen.... mind you this are just some ideas....

Since the 2K3 Series - a sort-of adaptation of the old mirage series- is still fresh in people's memories, I'd shy away from those characters for the first two or three seasons(excepting April and Casey). Concentrate on the older characters from the original cartoon, toyline, and Archie comics series.

For the series structure, set it up similar to the CN series "Batman: the Brave and the bold", only more serious (emphasis on the "more serious"). Every week would feature a team-up with diffrent Turtles 'mutant' ally; Ray Fillet, Ace Duck, Mondo Gecko, Mona Lisa, Walkabout, and the punk frogs (as arrogant rivals of the Turtles instead of straight-up friends).

Enimies would go beyond the Shredder, his lackeys Rocksteady and Bebop, and the foot. They would include the Rat King (exremist who believes humans should be extiguished in favor of Rats) Leatherhead (Cajun gator mutant who works as a bounty hunter for the highest bidder), mutagen man, Scumbug, Slash, Pizzaface, and a host of the other TMNT toy characters who never got to see the light of day in any medium.

It could be very well written, and would have an enormus ponential for character development, and interaction for the Turtles with many diffrent kinds of characters. Plus, Playmates would have a gold mine in releasing all those characters as figures. I know many people would want "just the turtles, and a few guest stars", but didn't we already have that with the 4 Kids series? It gets kind of boring after awhile.

Anyway, these are my ideas on the nick series.... feel free to agree or disagree.

Your Kahn decrees it!

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 01-05-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #85
Powder
So tired of this place

Lol you just described the original toon...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #86
Mutated Turtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Its pretty obvious nobody at Nick is reading this thread anyway. This is more of a "wishlist" thread, rather than something we expect to happen.
True.But no one realizes that.
Mutated Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:37 AM   #87
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Lol you just described the original toon...
Not entirely. I was thinking of a more serious take (not counting the 'red sky' episodes) and leaving out the over-the-top silliness, like Brune and Vernon getting Kidnapped by Alien Elvises.

And besides, many cool characters from the toyline never got thier shot in the old show. (Ace duck-The TV cameo doesn't count!-, or Pizzaface) or were one-shot jokes that had more potential. (Mutagen man, Muckman) I was thinking of a show developing those characters more than that.... but it's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Your Kahn decrees it!

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 01-05-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #88
Voidoid
Stone Warrior

My only "suggestion" is that they don't screw up.

Oh, and leave that asshole Venus buried in the ground where she belongs.
Voidoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #89
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
I was thinking of a show developing those characters more than that.... but it's probably just wishful thinking on my part.
Most of the time it is wishful thinking when it comes to TMNT...but I was pretty impressed with the last cartoon, even if some people weren't. There really is no "pefect TMNT universe." Several of them come close though.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:49 AM   #90
Dragon Turtle
Stone Warrior

With Playmates still involved, I wouldn't be surprise to see a push for "Ultimate TMNT" again. Better to just cherry pick a few elements from of each of the past TMNT incarnations, and then strike out into new territory.
Dragon Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:27 PM   #91
U2WaTCHer
Hench Mutant

so does anyone know what time and date this new show is going to start on toonnick? I used to check a thread in new tmnt 4kids section but found this. Just looking for a update
Old 06-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #92
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2WaTCHer View Post
so does anyone know what time and date this new show is going to start on toonnick? I used to check a thread in new tmnt 4kids section but found this. Just looking for a update
Uh, buddy, this 'new show' isn't airing until 2012.

I think you've gotten a few things mixed up.

Sometime in august is when the 2K3 toon airs on toon nick, not the actual new one just yet.

As far as I can tell, that show will be on the real nickolodeon station.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #93
U2WaTCHer
Hench Mutant

Thanks I knew some tmnt show was coming soon. Will the original toon air with this 4kids one on regular nick or toonnick
Old 06-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #94
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2WaTCHer View Post
Thanks I knew some tmnt show was coming soon. Will the original toon air with this 4kids one on regular nick or toonnick
Well, as it stands right now, we don't know if it will at all. The rights situation is a little confusing to most of us so we don't exactly know what the circumstances are with Fred Wolf & the gang.

Hopefully, it will get put back on the air... I don't think its impossible & I have hopes that it would get a good bit of a attention.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #95
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior

Putting aside the fact that I think 2012 is too early for a third series, here are my thoughts:

1) No Venus or any other sort of female turtle.

2) A new aesthetic. The looks for both existing cartoons are very of their time, and drastically different from each other. I would like a new toon to forge its own path, with something we haven't seen before. A hyper-stylized character designer like Deligiannis or Sean "Cheeks" Galloway ("The Spectacular Spider-Man") would be excellent.

3) (Relatively) Identical-looking turtles. Stuff like Galloway's take on the turtles may look great, and are certainly interesting--but they're not the turtles. Having the turtles looks be nondescript--in the sense that you can't tell what their personalities are supposed to be like if you have them standing neutrally--is part of the appeal of the series. If you're going to differentiate, then I prefer something subtle, like the way the fourth movie did it.

4) Lighter tone + action. Even if the new turtles harken back to their original cartoon incarnations (which would be my personal preference) that doesn't mean the action has to replicate the old toon's. We've seen what american storyboarders and directors can do when it comes to action in cartoons like Teen Titans, Avatar, Spectacular Spider-Man, and, in a different way, in the 2003 cartoon. Bring it. By the time the series ends, I want someone to be able to make a video like this one.

5) Funny doesn't need to mean stupid. We don't need to see Raph not knowing what a "capful" means, Mikey not knowing how to cook a pizza, or Don using a wrench as a hammer.

6) Bebop and Rocksteady are idiots:While this sort of contradicts the previous point, I stand by both. I've never understood the appeal of an "intelligent" Bebop and Rocksteady, and believe that changing them in that manner would eliminate the entire point. This doesn't mean that they can't be effective or that they have to be made submental, but they can't be criminal masterminds either.

I would also prefer that they be doing their own thing, instead of being so tied up other villains.

7) New voices: One of the things I really appreciated about Turtles Forever was that the producers took the trouble to create an entirely new sound for the Mirage turtles. I want the same thing to be done with the new series.

The franchise has a crapload of characters--use them: While I applaud the 2003 toon's decision not to use any of the established non-Mirage characters, I'd like the new toon to go in the opposite direction. You want to write in a human Foot Clan? Why not include Tatsu, Hun, Pimiko (in a less ridiculous costume), Cha Ocho, Karai, Yukio Mashimi, Oroku Nagi, and Khan? They're, there, they're available.

9) Feel free to create new characters: Part of the reason the franchise is the way it is is because every different writer and incarnation has brought something new to the table--I want to see their Krang or Hun--characters that the will be considered as intergral part of the property ten years from now.

10) Feel free to play around with established characters:Back in 1986, nobody thought that April as a reporter would work as well as it did. If a change feels natural or if you feel it helps you tell a better story, do it.

11) Surprise me.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #96
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
7) New voices: One of the things I really appreciated about Turtles Forever was that the producers took the trouble to create an entirely new sound for the Mirage turtles. I want the same thing to be done with the new series
...doesn't every new series get new voices for their series?

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #97
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior

Yes--I should have been clearer. What I mean is that I fear that, depending on how closely they want to stick to any of the established incarnations, we might end up getting voices that sound more or less familiar. What I don't want is a Raph that consciously tries to sound like Josh Pais, Rob Paulsen, Frank Frankson, or Sean Schemmel--I want something new.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #98
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
make this movie good, and make the toy line good as well

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #99
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

not so much about the show, but make playmates make action figures that can compete with NECA's figure in sculpt, articulation and be sturdy for child play

Or get mattel to do this they've done good with the MOTUC and DCU
Or Hasbro and get TMNT figures in Marvel legends quality

a MOTUC-esque TMNT would be awesome, creating figures from every incarnation
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #100
Powder
So tired of this place

Those "Galloway" turtles are horribly stupid.

Tags
2k12, nick