The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Finally got a poll going on this one... so, what'd you think?
"Are you an Idiot? Lemme rephrase that... You're an Idiot!" 29 46.03%
"Was that Fair?" No... "Did I Win?" ...I see your point. 26 41.27%
You actually thought someone like me could be friends with a freak like you? Pathetic... 2 3.17%
*Don's golf Clap* 6 9.52%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #61
Allio
Foot Elite

Since is Rise of the turtles part 2, Splinter said he lost his name. Perhaps it means that "Splinter" is a title one gives to members of the clan that are forced to leave/or leaves on their own accord. Such as they are as useless as a little splinter that fell off the bigger block of wood
Old 10-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #62
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Since is Rise of the turtles part 2, Splinter said he lost his name. Perhaps it means that "Splinter" is a title one gives to members of the clan that are forced to leave/or leaves on their own accord. Such as they are as useless as a little splinter that fell off the bigger block of wood
you know thats a pretty good idea!
I kept that he lost his name back in my mind as well, but haven't seen the new episode so far...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #63
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Silly question, but I noticed the subway turnstiles. Do they live in a closed down subway?
Ya JUST noticed the turnstiles?? They've been there since the first ep! Yeah They live in a closed down subway. The Shell Raiser (that'll eventually be built by Don) is a souped up subway car.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #64
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Ya JUST noticed the turnstiles?? They've been there since the first ep! Yeah They live in a closed down subway. The Shell Raiser (that'll eventually be built by Don) is a souped up subway car.
I'm slow been enjoying the Turtles so much that I wasn't paying attention to the scenery.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #65
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'll blog about it during the week once my brother saw the episode too. My main complaint is how April was just... kind of... there. No concern over her dad? Why were they just chilling instead of looking for the Kraang? Instead of backflipping through the rooftops they should have mentioned they were looking for The Kraang before the Foot would show up to change things....

I would appreciate a little more consistency... I wouldn't like this episode to end with the threat of the Shredder... and the next ep to be about something else with everything completely forgetting about it.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #66
Valtus3200
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'll blog about it during the week once my brother saw the episode too. My main complaint is how April was just... kind of... there. No concern over her dad? Why were they just chilling instead of looking for the Kraang? Instead of backflipping through the rooftops they should have mentioned they were looking for The Kraang before the Foot would show up to change things....

I would appreciate a little more consistency... I wouldn't like this episode to end with the threat of the Shredder... and the next ep to be about something else with everything completely forgetting about it.
While I agree with that, they're still teenagers, so it's possible that they needed to take a break from the search to clear their minds? Unwind?
Valtus3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #67
CyberCubed
Overlord

Did Nick upload this ep on their site yet? I remember last week they had it up a few hours later
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #68
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant

Nice IGN review; gives this episode 8/10:
http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/10/1...8ad67f200002bc
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #69
Hieronymus
Random Punk

There are a lot of old abandon subway tunnels in NY. Enjoying the fact that Shredder has higher ranked clan members, and I think they would make great mutations. They are already skilled ninja so that would be a logical move. In my fan comic "Hieronymus" was one of shredders top students turned evil mutant ninja turtle after losing in battle to Leo. I liked that stealthy sewer fight scene.
When splinter saw the turtles performing that dragon move he had a flash back, and recognized it right away. Kind of reminded me of a scene from the first film, when Shredder was reminded of the past. Just through Tatsu describing to him the turtles fighting style.
Hieronymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #70
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Did Nick upload this ep on their site yet? I remember last week they had it up a few hours later
Check yourself, man. You have the internet.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #71
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Check yourself, man. You have the internet.
I'm on my phone, for some reason the Nick TMNT site doesn't work on it an comes up in broken links.

I can't watch the episode till I get home from work.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #72
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Alright, fair enough. I checked JUST FOR YOU and no, it's not up yet.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #73
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtus3200 View Post
While I agree with that, they're still teenagers, so it's possible that they needed to take a break from the search to clear their minds? Unwind?
I dunno... it still kinda reeks of Back to the Sewers when Don seemed to be the ONLY ONE interested in searching for Splinter's data bits and the other Turtles were just chillin and telling him to relax and unwind.

So what if your dad is kidnapped by aliens with weird ooze that might change your dad into a monster... just chill with us, have some pizza and show Mike how the internet works,

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 10-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #74
gobo
Wacky Action

"Fighting fair is for losers" is not a very good 'moral of the story'. Finally, this show inspired a sincere LOL from me. Mikey's idea of revenge is awesome. ^_^

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #75
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I guess they should have said it more like.... 'fight to win if your life or the life of a loved one is at stake'. I mean a random playground fight should be fair, but like... a serious fight with people out to kill you, then all's fair game.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #76
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
I like how Mikey actually got to have his revenge on Bradford/Chrissy B/Rad Brad and did so using the same move that Bradford taught him.
I kind of wonder something. Why would Brad teach Mikey a real move, and not just a fake one?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #77
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
go this ep recorded to watch later

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #78
shinefra
Hench Mutant

I can't watch it
shinefra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #79
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome episode. Really enjoyed it and felt bad for Mikey when the betrayal was revealed. I also loved Splinter one upping Leo and telling him that victory is more important than worrying about whether a fight is fair or unfair. I can understand where he's coming from because it's more important to try to win than to worry about how many opponents you have. I know Leo will have many more lessons to learn, and I can't wait to see his fight with Xever when it comes up. I have a feeling Xever and Chris are going to continue to hate one another.

I also loved Raph's little talk with Mikey at the end. That was awesome. Can't wait for next week. This show gets better by the week. And that cat looked like my cat, Socks. That made me feel lonesome for him.

Favorite quote:

Splinter: Was that fair?
Leo: No.
Splinter: Did I win?
Leo: Yes.
Splinter: Focus on victory, not on fairness.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #80
ToTheNines
[sic]

Awesome awesome awesome. Too many nice things to say about this, so I'll just leave it to you guys lol.

Continuity note: we're currently in mid-July.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, episode discussion, nick