The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2017, 01:09 PM   #701
Optimus Primer
Foot Soldier
 
Optimus Primer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Rupert's Pizzeria
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmajin View Post
My Shredder has a stuck bicep swivel... any suggestions on unsticking it?. I def dont wanna snap it and have to glue it in place. I heard freeze method works well
Hairdryer, then freeze for 30 min. My Shredder had the problem, and I fixed it this way.
__________________
"It's us! Why do we look like... dorks?"
Optimus Primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #702
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,190
Last slice of pizza.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7730.jpg (88.5 KB, 56 views)
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:17 PM   #703
tw2thr3
Foot Soldier
 
tw2thr3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 107
Just came home to my set waiting for me and immediately got ready to crack it open. As soon as I seen the case in the box I started getting excited, thinking this is really here for those of us who can't enjoy comic con! Packaging inside was mint but I didn't really care these are not staying MIB like the arcade set. They are so freaking awesome they have to be enjoyed 360 degrees. My paints apps are pretty much flawless. I'm so blown away looking at them right now. My ONLY gripe and it isn't a huge one is the arm wraps on shredder being reused and not toon accurate but everything is phenomenal. I love these foot soldiers!!! Extremely pleased to say the least
tw2thr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:25 PM   #704
djmajin
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
Hairdryer, then freeze for 30 min. My Shredder had the problem, and I fixed it this way.
thanks that did it
djmajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:29 PM   #705
djmajin
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2thr3 View Post
Just came home to my set waiting for me and immediately got ready to crack it open. As soon as I seen the case in the box I started getting excited, thinking this is really here for those of us who can't enjoy comic con! Packaging inside was mint but I didn't really care these are not staying MIB like the arcade set. They are so freaking awesome they have to be enjoyed 360 degrees. My paints apps are pretty much flawless. I'm so blown away looking at them right now. My ONLY gripe and it isn't a huge one is the arm wraps on shredder being reused and not toon accurate but everything is phenomenal. I love these foot soldiers!!! Extremely pleased to say the least
my only gripe was yours and the cape... took care of both
djmajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:39 PM   #706
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 7,916
I spent the entire afternoon filling orders. For the most part was very impressed with these. I did have a lot of the same gripes as the rest of you. Most sets do have derpy eyes it seems. Leo's swords stretched his scabbards and they seemed they would rip so that was that, I didn't try to force them. The turtles' hips do swivel and it is hard to move one leg without moving both of them. The joints are very tight, generally speaking. I didn't see any wrong legs or wrong feet though.

Krang's bubble walker won't sit flat; the legs are bent at awkward angles from being inside the trays. The accessories are very hard to remove from the trays without denting the plastic or cracking it.

The case was a very nice touch and if I ever started collecting loose complete vintage figures again I would use these to store them. They seem sturdier than the original.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #707
King Kahn
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 129
Yes! mine arrived on Wed! Just now was able to set them up with the Android body and Beebop/Rocksteady classics. They looks GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Just checked mine and everything is good, just have to deal with small dent in box due to UPS incompetence
Yeah, both of my sets had smashed boxes due to UPS.

Reading the thread made me open BOTH cases and luckily no missing or incorrect parts.

Set 1- no issues I can see outside of damaged case

Set 2- Raph has derpy eyes, Don/Leo KINDA have derpy eyes but not necessarily that pronounced.
__________________
signiture line?! SIGNATURE LINE!!! I need no signature line!!!
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM   #708
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,190
I think this image is from Saturday at SDCC during the Ken Mitchroney signing. Is that mountain of cardboard boxes in the background all TMNT exclusive box sets? If yes. Dang, you think they blew through all of them at the con? I know pictures can be deceiving and I wasn't in attendance so idk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7748.jpg (73.7 KB, 47 views)
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM   #709
mousesi2k
Thug
 
mousesi2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I think this image is from Saturday at SDCC during the Ken Mitchroney signing. Is that mountain of cardboard boxes in the background all TMNT exclusive box sets? If yes. Dang, you think they blew through all of them at the con? I know pictures can be deceiving and I wasn't in attendance so idk.
Those are most definitely the box set as mine shipped to me in that exact box! Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they did sell out as this set is very very nice!
mousesi2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM   #710
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousesi2k View Post
Those are most definitely the box set as mine shipped to me in that exact box! Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they did sell out as this set is very very nice!
Today is the last day and that was yesterday so unless NECA is holding them to ship to customers that couldn't take them or the booth got slammed today it just seems like a lot left over. If true, good news to folks that still want to order. But I have no idea so don't get your hopes up.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM   #711
Panther10
Foot Soldier
 
Panther10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 135
That is a lot of cases of those figures. I mean obviously NECA sent a bunch over to Mitchroney's booth for signing purposes. But I wonder if that arrangement is partially to blame for the fact that NECA had to cancel the Friday pre-orders for this collectors set? I mean there has got to be at most a pylon of 400 of those cases behind Ken in that photo. You multiply that by two or three days and he could have had anywhere between 800 and 1200 collectors sets in his original stock.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:27 AM   #712
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 7,916
What does the pinwheel nunchaku attach to?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:30 AM   #713
DonatelloFan1984
Hench Mutant
 
DonatelloFan1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Quad Cities, IA
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
What does the pinwheel nunchaku attach to?
On one of the nunchucks one of the "wooden" ends is pegged. It just pulls off and you attach that to the pinwheel.
DonatelloFan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:31 AM   #714
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 12,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
What does the pinwheel nunchaku attach to?
One of the nunchaku's handle can detach which can be added to the spinning effect.
Candy Kappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:32 PM   #715
inaheap
Hench Mutant
 
inaheap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmajin View Post
my only gripe was yours and the cape... took care of both
http://i.imgur.com/wnkfOsy.jpg
Did you make that cape; or is it from something else?




I wonder if anyone will take the mask of this Shredder like they did the arcade one. Looks like he probably has full face too.
__________________
I have always liked Cowa-bunga!


We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.