The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-06-2017, 01:42 AM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Official Episode Discussion S5 Ep 09: Kagayake! Kintaro

The 3rd and final part of the Usagi arc

Quote:
As they reach their destination, Usagi and the Turtles must help Kintaro fulfill his destiny.
It's now up on ITunes, so discuss away

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:56 AM   #2
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

My favourite episode of third Arc by far. Loved the entire action.
Leo throws his Katana to Jei's Chest. Once more they dont censure those parts
But Jei dies falling from the bridge thanks to Usagi. And you can know he is really dead because animators did draw a skull of a dead wolf.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:43 AM   #3
Ninjinister
無問題

Given all the talk of his immortality and his abilities in the books, I doubt he's really "dead" - even with the skull (I can't remember if they ever did that for Jei in the books). However, he might as well be, as he's obviously never showing up again.

I make terrible video games. Please buy them.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:49 AM   #4
Powder
Endless Screw

Now THAT, was worthy of following the first part of this arc. Masterfully done, damn. Can't believe they had the Neko Clan, in white & meowing, no less!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:55 AM   #5
Ninjinister
無問題

"When you understand others, their strength can become yours."

This is such a great line.

I make terrible video games. Please buy them.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:01 AM   #6
Vicky82
Emperor

Great episode.

Loved the final fight and I like how everything went red so they could get away with things that should of been censored.

Jei ain't dead because he's immortal so he will just possess someone else body but I expect they have to be near him for him to do that.

I had a feeling that we don't see the turtles arrive home as we didn't see them leave.

As Usagi has the trinkets he can probably summon the Turtles again but as this is the last season, we won't see it. But fanfic writers probably can come up with an ideas.

Due to production order this is the final episode before the future arc so it's kind of sad that this is technically the last time we see the turtles as teenagers.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:09 AM   #7
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post

Due to production order this is the final episode before the future arc so it's kind of sad that this is technically the last time we see the turtles as teenagers.
Probably in the first episode of the last arc, right at the beginning and before the temporary jump, we could see a scene of them as teenagers
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:12 AM   #8
THGhost
Puppet Master

Good episode. Only just got round to watching it and episode 10 due to the confusing episode numbers caused by some sites classifying When Worlds Collide as either 1 episode or 2 episodes.
  • I liked the snow ninjas. I'm guessing they're from the Yojimbo comics?
  • It's about time Kintaro proved himself. He was really getting on my nerves.
  • Surely Jei could tell that the turtles were no longer under his control?
  • Jei vs Usagi was great, albeit a little short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Now THAT, was worthy of following the first part of this arc. Masterfully done, damn. Can't believe they had the Neko Clan, in white & meowing, no less!
Agreed, the 2nd part didn't really gel with me.

So that's what they're called. Loved 'em.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:21 PM   #9
Powder
Endless Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
So that's what they're called. Loved 'em.
They're cool. It was a surprise to see them in white when they've always donned black dogi, but it was a dope look for their arctic escapades.

Old 08-06-2017, 02:17 PM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy

Absolutely loved this episode, just as much as Yojimbo. I had a few problems with the 2nd episode but this one I think improved upon everything from Osoroshi Na Tabi.

The fight scenes were great, especially towards the end of the episode.

Kintaro was funny and cute as usual, and I liked him achieving his true power at the end of the episode.

But most of all, I loved the art style throughout the episode, and the pure red sky sequence at the end was absolutely beautiful.

10/10, no complaints.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:28 PM   #11
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

An awesome finale to an awesome story arc.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:37 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Usagi really needs his own cartoon. It's mind blowing in 30 years its never happened.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:44 PM   #13
neatoman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Usagi really needs his own cartoon.
Not really, I fear what would happen if Stan completely let someone else handle his characters unrestricted.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:32 PM   #14
ToTheNines
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Not really, I fear what would happen if Stan completely let someone else handle his characters unrestricted.
Yeah, we were talking about this at the comic book store the other day. One of the guys said Sakai should make a show, but I pointed out that he's always worked at his own pace and would never want to be a full time show runner working untold hours a week out of a studio in Burbank.

Then we imagined how many ways the wrong hands could bastardized Usagi. I'm sure we barely scratched the surface.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:02 PM   #15
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

What I enjoyed the most episode was Kintaro unlocking his powers and Usagi defeating Jei. Overall, this was a great arc.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:34 PM   #16
Faster and Cheaper
Thug

Odd somehow I posted this in the wrong episode thread. Posting late at night is not a good idea I see SO let's run this back.

Cool enough end that I had some issues with from a story perspective. Anyway this was production wise the last team Mikey episode. They did great and I know it wasn't easy with all the ponchos, they were a hassle to deal with.

I enjoyed the mountain pass fight sequence with the snow cat ninjas. I got flashbacks to the Caradhras scene from fellowship of the ring. The final fight was pretty good too. I had a slight issue with kintaros change of heart, I did see that they did little things to show he was warming up to him, yet he's threatening to have one of the boys to have his head chopped off. I wouldn't have minded that in the last two episodes but it slightly annoyed me here.

But the bigger issue I had was his sudden use of magic. I figured we'd see it with him being the golden child but just a few hints of it would have been nice. But I appreciated the fact he just didn't totally solve it with his magic. Also it was nice to see that Jei's mind control wasn't so easily defeated as it looked in episode 1 of the arc. I figured his visions in previous episodes were just him messing with them externally but he still had his claws in deeper.

Overall I enjoyed it but I think it needed the fourth part more. Would have given the adventure have a more epic feel since we are traveling to a whole new world, and it would have been nice to see more of a bond with usagi and Leo, and even more opportunity to see more yokai like oni. Overall I enjoyed it and too bad they didn't get Usagi in sooner in the shows run. I would have rather that than all those farm episodes lol.
Faster and Cheaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #17
neatoman
Banned

Come to think of it, Kintaro, Sumo Kuma and that priestess(?) aren't actual Usagi characters, right? Just made up for this show? I could be wrong since I haven't read all of Usagi.

Seems kind of odd that the only real Usagi characters in these episodes are Jei and Usagi himself, seeing how the 4Kids show had at least six actual Usagi characters.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:23 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm honestly surprised they decided not to use Gen at all. They could have even made a Rocksteady joke like the 2k3 series did in that Season 4 ep.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:36 PM   #19
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome ending to this arc. I really enjoyed seeing it and loved how Leo talked to Kintaro and was able to get him to change in his own way. Loved the scene with the neko ninjas and the final fight with Usagi and Jei. I agree that it's bittersweet that we won't get to see Usagi again in this incarnation, but that is the way it is and fan fiction can always set that right.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:17 PM   #20
Powder
Endless Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Come to think of it, Kintaro, Sumo Kuma and that priestess(?) aren't actual Usagi characters, right? Just made up for this show? I could be wrong since I haven't read all of Usagi.

Seems kind of odd that the only real Usagi characters in these episodes are Jei and Usagi himself, seeing how the 4Kids show had at least six actual Usagi characters.
I wonder if Sumo Kuma was originally gonna be Panda Khan until it was pointed out he's not owned by Viacom. Prolly not, but the design is similar.