The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2017, 05:06 PM   #1
AlZarkovski
Hench Mutant
 
AlZarkovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 470
TMNT Universe #13 Preview and Discussion

Preview here.
__________________
Sorry for my bad English
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:31 PM   #2
ProphetofGanja
Mad Scientist
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 1,451
Hmm, didn't expect to see him in this!

Shaping up to be an interesting arc
__________________
"Wait... what?"
ProphetofGanja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:47 PM   #3
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Hmm, didn't expect to see him in this!

Shaping up to be an interesting arc
Ah yes, I presume this will mark his introduction into the series proper? Wonder if they will stick to talking about the previous events that included him in an ambigious way?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:59 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,820
Well it's no coincidence this arc is coming right after the Pantheon 2-parter we had recently.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:04 PM   #5
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,020
One man made a bargain with the gods, huh? A bargain that puts him in direct opposition to a certain surprise cameo character's goals? I do believe I know who is under that hood, and it sure wouldn't be the first time their agendas clashed!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:14 PM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,576
Awesome. That is all.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:19 PM   #7
ProphetofGanja
Mad Scientist
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
One man made a bargain with the gods, huh? A bargain that puts him in direct opposition to a certain surprise cameo character's goals? I do believe I know who is under that hood, and it sure wouldn't be the first time their agendas clashed!
And who would that be?
__________________
"Wait... what?"
ProphetofGanja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:27 PM   #8
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
And who would that be?
Spoiler:
Kitsune? I guess.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:44 PM   #9
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,395
Shaping up to be quite awesome.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:58 PM   #10
ProphetofGanja
Mad Scientist
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Spoiler:
Kitsune? I guess.
Or maybe...
Spoiler:
Rat King *shrugs*
__________________
"Wait... what?"
ProphetofGanja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #11
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Or maybe...
Spoiler:
Rat King *shrugs*
Sorry, I lost track of time and didn't remember to check for replies until now.

Spoiler:
Yes, I was going for Kitsune. It's Japan and she does have a history of thwarting Chi-You, so... Plus, the figure seems quite slender.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:36 PM   #12
Erik Burnham
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere in MN
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well it's no coincidence this arc is coming right after the Pantheon 2-parter we had recently.
Well, it KIND of is. (;
__________________
Follow me on Twitter. Be my Facebook fan. Wade in the pool that is my ego. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:28 PM   #13
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,152
Spoiler:
  1. The sword is going to be some variation on The Sword of Tengu, isn't it?
  2. What's up with Falcor?
  3. Are we gonna see a Leo/Koya rematch?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:40 PM   #14
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Spoiler:

Are we gonna see a Leo/Koya rematch?
Spoiler:

i'm really thinking so. there's been bad blood boiling between those two since issues #31 & #32 of the Northampton arc.
though Koya really seems so embittered and becoming so overcome by hatred.
sounds like it's going to be a vicious rematch.



as with the previous issue, i love the evolution Sophie has taken with her art for this main story.
it truly has the feel on an action packed Martial Arts Anime. i'm really digging it!

Spoiler:
...also after that last page of the main story, i'm SUPER stoked for the next issue!!!
it probably won't take up more than a page or two, but i'm REALLY looking forward to seeing Karai vs. The Undead!!
__________________


http://myconius.deviantart.com/

Last edited by myconius; 08-09-2017 at 03:10 PM.
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:33 PM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,576
Interesting. VERRRRRRRRRRRRY interesting.

IDW really hasn't done much with the mystic side of TMNT except for Kitsune brainwashing Leo and Donnie's astral tripping while being transferred to Metalhead.

I'm digging it.

Also, it seems that Koya is under a dark influence... I wouldn't count on a Leo/Koya rematch if she shakes off the shadows by the end of the "Prey" backups.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:05 PM   #16
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,459
it'll be interesting to see what sort of catharsis those two reach, regardless of how it turns out.
__________________


http://myconius.deviantart.com/
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:37 AM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,820
I really liked all the dragon and mystical stuff. And the Chi-You reference. From the story and the back-up, it seems like Koya is going through some kind of mental breakdown. Will be interesting to see what happens to her, I guess?

A minor nitpick, but did anyone else think Karai's nose was too big in that one panel in the first few pages where she laughed when he told her the story? lol
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:05 AM   #18
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really liked all the dragon and mystical stuff. And the Chi-You reference. From the story and the back-up, it seems like Koya is going through some kind of mental breakdown. Will be interesting to see what happens to her, I guess?

A minor nitpick, but did anyone else think Karai's nose was too big in that one panel in the first few pages where she laughed when he told her the story? lol
Karai communing with the Dragon spirit was really awesome!
the Chi-You reference told an a style of ancient inked parchment was even more awesome i thought.
especially loved the scenes with the Samurai battle and the one with the bloodletting and decap.

i enjoyed the panel of Karai laughing. i thought her expression of giving a belly laugh right in that guy's face was perfect.
__________________


http://myconius.deviantart.com/
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:53 PM   #19
DrSpengler
TMNT Entity guy
 
DrSpengler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 4,676
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT Universe #13 at TMNT Entity.

I'm loving how all the mythology exclusive to the IDW TMNT series is being woven into this story, but in an organic way that suits the narrative and not in a gratuitous continuity porn sort of way. While it might leave newcomers with questions, it doesn't overwhelm them and you can still appreciate the story in something of a vacuum.

And it's nice to be reminded after a two year absence how much I like these characters. Especially Koya; she's like a female Raphael with all her temper tantrums and angsty pouting.

As for Bludgeon, it's nice to get a bead on his personality after so much time not having one, though "calm and collected" is a bit boring (though I understand how it makes him a foil for Koya). His accessories remind me of a stereotypical surfer guru, so I can't help but read him with one of those voices. But that's me projecting personality ONTO him and not something intentional, admittedly.
__________________
TMNT Entity
Ninja Turtle comic reviews, essays, articles and more!


-Mark Pellegrini
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:21 PM   #20
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT Universe #13 at TMNT Entity.

I'm loving how all the mythology exclusive to the IDW TMNT series is being woven into this story, but in an organic way that suits the narrative and not in a gratuitous continuity porn sort of way. While it might leave newcomers with questions, it doesn't overwhelm them and you can still appreciate the story in something of a vacuum.

And it's nice to be reminded after a two year absence how much I like these characters. Especially Koya; she's like a female Raphael with all her temper tantrums and angsty pouting.

As for Bludgeon, it's nice to get a bead on his personality after so much time not having one, though "calm and collected" is a bit boring (though I understand how it makes him a foil for Koya). His accessories remind me of a stereotypical surfer guru, so I can't help but read him with one of those voices. But that's me projecting personality ONTO him and not something intentional, admittedly.
Regarding Koya's grudge against Leo and the other Turtles that you mentioned, well... She went up against them twice before, and got her feathered butt kicked both times. Leo even took her wings away last time. That's not a good running score at all.

I'd seriously consider cutting my losses and getting over it if I were her, before she loses something else of even more vital importance in a rematch.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.