The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-14-2016, 08:29 AM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Pattinson/Reeves Batman Movie (Formerly Affleck Stand-Alone Film)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...rms-ben-883358

Quote:
Warner Bros. chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara confirmed Tuesday his studio is moving ahead with Ben Affleck's stand-alone Batman movie, which the actor will star in and direct.

The studio mogul touched upon the movie when appearing at CinemaCon, the annual gathering of cinema operators in Las Vegas. He touted the record opening of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, which teams Batman (Affleck) and Superman (Henry Cavill) on the big screen for the first time and launches the DC cinematic universe.

"It set up a great foundation for our DC slate, which includes at least 10 movies through 2020," said Tsuijhara. "I'm also excited to know that we will be working with Ben Affleck on a stand-alone Batman movie."

This isn't the first time the prospect of an Affleck-originated Batman movie has been raised. During San Diego Comic-Con last year, The Hollywood Reporter reported that the actor-director was developing a stand-alone Batman project with DC Entertainment chief creative officer Geoff Johns.

And in a recent THR interview with WME-IMG co-CEOs Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell, Whtesell revealed how many movies Affleck has currently signed up for when it comes to DC's Caped Crusader.

"He's contracted to do at least Justice League One and Two, so at least three times wearing the cape," Whitesell said, adding, "There's a script that he's written that is a really cool [Batman] idea, so that's out there as an option."

Batman v. Superman, directed by Zack Snyder, has grossed nearly $800 million to date, despite a steep decline following its record opening.

After Tsujihara's turn on the stage at CinemaCon, Affleck and Batman v. Superman co-star Amy Adams introduced a reel touting the DC cinematic universe.

The stand-alone Batman movie has yet to be officially dated, although there's rampant speculation that it will take one of the two slots Warner Bros. recently reserved for two untitled DC films: Oct. 5, 2018, and Nov. 1, 2019. The other could go to Suicide Squad 2.

"You get your first real taste of this expanding universe," Warners film chief Greg Silverman said in the clip.

The DC films already dated include Suicide Squad (Aug. 5, 2016), The Justice League Part One (Nov. 17, 2017), The Flash (March 16, 201, Wonder Woman (June 2, 2017), Aquaman (July 27, 201, Shazam! (April 5, 2019), Justice League Part Two (June 14, 2019), Cyborg (April 3, 2020) and Green Lantern Corps (June 19, 2020).

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).

Last edited by The Deadman; 07-18-2016 at 10:04 PM.
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:50 AM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I need to buy the collector edition of the movie, just to see the BTS footage of Affleck spelunking around in the Bat-suit while doing re-writes and director stuff.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:04 PM   #3
The Deadman
Foot Elite

RUMOR: Ben Affleck's THE BATMAN May Take Place In Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Batman-News has come across a very interesting rumour which started doing the rounds this weekend, and while it comes from a source which is very hit and miss (BOF), it's one which is sure to leave you with a lot to think about. Apparently, Ben Affleck's Batman movie - which he's been writing alongside Geoff Johns - will feature the Caped Crusader locked inside Arkham Asylum battling his greatest foes.

However, as Affleck has previously made it clear that his movie will be an original story that borrows elements from past tales, don't expect this to be a direct adaptation of Batman: Arkham Asylum!

While an entire movie set with this iconic location might be a little hard to pull off, it would be pretty interesting to see a big chunk of The Batman set there, especially as previous rumours have pointed to us seeing several of the hero's most iconic villains. Time will tell whether or not this rumour is accurate, but with Comic-Con just days away, we could very well end up learning more about it soon enough.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:11 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

Done well, that'd be dope.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:23 PM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I like this concept much better than having Jason Todd involved. Perhaps SDCC will provide us with answers.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:17 AM   #6
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Deathstroke Will Menace Ben Affleck in Solo Batman Movie

Old 08-29-2016, 11:38 AM   #7
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

He is not a Batman villain. I mean I like Deathstroke alright and I am glad it does not focus on Jason Todd, its just I want to see The Riddler again or a villain yet to be adapted like Clayface,Hush, Man-Bat, Hugo Strange, or Black Mask. So I neutral on this.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:26 PM   #8
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I never thought I would actually be excited about a movie with Ben Affleck as the star but I think he do a good Batman and a great Bruce Wayne.

I would love to see Clayface, Mad Hatter, Man-Bat, or even the Riddler or Poison Ivy again.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:18 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm surprised they don't use the Penguin as just a generic mob boss at least. He doesn't have to be a major villain, but instead of using no-name two-bit gangsters in the film, why not show Penguin leading a mob gang or something? Even if it was just one scene out of the film it would be nice.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:43 PM   #10
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I maybe could get behind this movie.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:54 PM   #11
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Personally, I'm sick of Batman movies. Unless it's a Batman Beyond film, count me out.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:00 PM   #12
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Personally, I'm sick of Batman movies. Unless it's a Batman Beyond film, count me out.
Unfortunately, it's the one thing WB/DC can rely on to make big bucks.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:26 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I want as many Batman movies as possible. If it were up to me we'd get one every 2 years. With a spinoff movie for Nightwing/Robin/Batgirl or whomever in the other years.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:29 PM   #14
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I want as many GOOD Batman movies as possible. If it were up to me we'd get one every 2 years. With a spinoff movie for Nightwing/Robin/Batgirl or whomever in the other years.
Edited your post so that I could absolutely agree with it.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:33 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

With a different set of directors/writers on each one, there's no reason we can't have more frequent Batman movies. Makes no sense really.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:34 PM   #16
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
With a different set of directors/writers on each one, there's no reason we can't have more frequent Batman movies. Makes no sense really.
Because not everybody loves Batman as much as you and I. Oversaturation is a very real thing.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:36 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Because not everybody loves Batman as much as you and I. Oversaturation is a very real thing.
Batman is one of those franchises that can't be oversaturated because its already been around in so many forms for over 70 years. Its way too ingrained in our culture.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:53 PM   #18
snake
Disgusting

Can't wait for this. I hope they go the comic route and have tons of villains show up
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:54 PM   #19
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Batman is one of those franchises that can't be oversaturated because its already been around in so many forms for over 70 years. Its way too ingrained in our culture.
Cubed. This is a fickle world already teetering on superhero/CBM fatigue.

Batman V Superman, X-Men Apocalypse, TMNT 2, and Suicide Squad have all had severe issues and public criticism. Deadpool was well received, and so was Civil War.

A few months later, nobody's talking about Civil War.

You pump too many Bats into the theaters and that bubble's gonna pop that much sooner.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:10 PM   #20
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Cubed. This is a fickle world already teetering on superhero/CBM fatigue.

Batman V Superman, X-Men Apocalypse, TMNT 2, and Suicide Squad have all had severe issues and public criticism. Deadpool was well received, and so was Civil War.

A few months later, nobody's talking about Civil War.

You pump too many Bats into the theaters and that bubble's gonna pop that much sooner.
I think he's talking more about the various cartoons, toys, and video games. There's always something Batman on the market
snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, diversity comics, the cucked crusader