The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-26-2019, 02:34 AM   #21
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
If Leo and Donnie are the same age, doesn't that sort of make them fraternal twins this go round.
No because their different species (Donnie a Softshell, Leo a Red Ear).

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:36 PM   #22
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
No because their different species (Donnie a Softshell, Leo a Red Ear).
But they do both have Lou Jitsu's (supposedly Hamato Yoshi's) DNA flowing through their veins along with mutagen. So while they are two different species, the human DNA and the Mutagen would make them twins of sorts.

If they were both the same species I would say they were identical twins. Since identical twins are one egg and one sperm that splits in two during utero.

Fraternal twins have different characteristics from each other because they are born of two different eggs and sperm. So that could mean in a set of twins, one child was born male, the other female. Or if they are both the same gender, one could be born with one hair color or eye color, and the other with different hair and eye color. Basically one has different genetic information than the other.

Last edited by victory_angel; 01-26-2019 at 03:46 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 04:40 PM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Technically, in that case, on the human side that would make them quadruplets since they got that part at the same time. Though mutation isn't birth and if their ages vary than it already did as regular turtles.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:05 PM   #24
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Technically, in that case, on the human side that would make them quadruplets since they got that part at the same time. Though mutation isn't birth and if their ages vary than it already did as regular turtles.
Raph was likely a week old at least as a turtle, or whatever would have made him the equivalent of a 2-year-old in Turtle years. Both Donnie and Leo are 14 years old so they would both be at least a few days old or whatever would be the equivalent to a 1-year-old in Turtle years. And Mikey is 13 so he had to have been newly hatched when their mutation happened since both Hugin and Munin were saying it was 13 years since that very day the turtles were mutated.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:13 PM   #25
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Did anyone catch the 2012 reference when Leo says Splinter is "just a rat" and then goes on to say "We need a tiger" when Splinter refuses to physically train them. I didn't catch it the first time around. lol Anyway, it's clearly an inside joke since Eric Bauza voices both Splinter in this show and Tiger Claw in 2012.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:09 AM   #26
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

22 episodes seem to be the better way to go with this series as I've been enjoying these specials more than the 15 minute ones, hopefully we get back to this plot soon as the up coming episode spoilers sound awful in my opinion. It looks like we might be setting up for Shredder soon, that ending is a dead give away for him, I think I have some sort of an idea how Shredder will come into the picture while keeping it different from the other shows. I don't know why Donnie refuses to accept Leo being right at stuff still after the last insadent he was, what's wrong? Denial Donnie?

Over all, enjoyable.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:40 PM   #27
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Super incredibly amazingly important question.

If Hypo was going to make the school disappear forever, but April and Mayhem pulled a fast one on him and made him disappear to wherever it was that the magic top hats were going to send the school...

...how the heck did he get back home, where Draxam summoned him from?

(From Evil League ep)

And side note, it's definitely his home stage...

(From Newsworthy)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:11 PM   #28
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

So yeah this is pretty much the episode that made me gain interest in this show again or at least the clips. I sort of stopped watching after the wrestling episode but came back when I saw the ladder scene and said to myself "oh S$%% this is basically a Trigger anime". So yeah this episode was super awesome and is pretty much the most popular when it comes to social media.

Also surprised no one in this thread talked about the Model Modern Major General homage

Last edited by PApagreg; 11-11-2019 at 09:28 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:54 PM   #29
Powder
So tired of this place

You DEF can feel the trigger influence in this series, yeah. Big part of the charm, at least for me.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote