The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-26-2005, 02:05 PM   #61
Barkworm
Super Moderator

That's the weird thing: Actually the file comes with subs but for some odd reasons the BS player won't read them. Also the fullscreen picture seems awfully small with that thing.
BTW, thanks for trying to help!
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:12 PM   #62
Super Moderator

That's why this thread is called Ai's Tech Support Thread.

That's really odd, that it doesn't let you attach the subtitles. What other players have you tried? Have you given Windows Media Player Classic a try? I used to use that before BSPlayer. MKV files have always worked for me with that. I've never downloaded MKV files that came with subtitles, so I'm going with this on limited knowledge. What you can try to do is...um...uninstall all of your codecs (I'm assuming you have that huge codec pack) and reinstall them. I don't know if that would work, but give it a shot, anyway. Also, try to use that WMPC. Other than that, if all else fails, I'm going to blame the video for sucking.

EDIT: Check this out.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:16 PM   #63
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Yep, I always try WMPC for everything. It shows the subs but both video and audio keep skipping. The BS player doesn't have the latter problem but it can't read the subs and the picture is smaller than usual.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:31 PM   #64
Super Moderator

Hm...well, if reinstalling the codecs doesn't work, I'll just have to shrug and say there's a problem with the video. I'm not really sure what to tell you. Usually when you have the codec and your BSPlayer is working fine, it should be all good.

I'm a failure. Dammit. About half of my Ayumi Hamasaki PV's are in high quality MKV format, and they play fine, and they take up the full screen when I full screen it. That is odd, indeed.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:39 AM   #65
Barkworm
Super Moderator

All of a sudden the picture went back to normal size. Since it still wouldn't read the subs I just downloaded new ones.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:47 AM   #66
Super Moderator

Nicely done. Problem solved.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:42 PM   #67
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Great update: After the pic went back to normal size, the BS player started skipping too. What did I do? I sent the damn movie to hell!
Old 02-27-2005, 02:50 PM   #68
Super Moderator

Um...I...don't know. Your video is all stupid.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:42 PM   #69
Demented Utrom
Hench Mutant

Anybody have the technodrome website go off for 2 minutes.It happened to me.Now it's back on.Yesterday it said Bandwidth limit gone over the limit.This was at night.
Demented Utrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:20 AM   #70
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

I'm just.. not gonna touch that one. -_-.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:19 AM   #71
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder utrom
Anybody have the technodrome website go off for 2 minutes.It happened to me.Now it's back on.Yesterday it said Bandwidth limit gone over the limit.This was at night.
...Yes. We know about it, so please don't bother reporting it.

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:34 PM   #72
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Ok I have a couple of questions.

My Girlfriend gave me her old laptop and it seems the Modem doesn't work right. It gives me an error 678 and says it can't connect to the remote computer. Windows seems to think the Modem has no problems with it, so I'm wondering if this is something easily fixable? (hopes so)

Second, does anyone know of Programs that will let me View/Save/Rip The Movie and Music Files from PS2 and XBox games?
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:54 PM   #73
Super Moderator

What I would do is try to find out the make and model of the modem, and see if you have the most updated drivers for it. I'm assuming it's a 56k modem or something to that effect, so drivers are important. If you have the most updated drivers, I would suggest that the modem itself is broken. Windows can still think it's fine, but the modem can't modulate/demodulate the data. Get a replacement, if at all possible.

To my knowledge, there's no programs to rip videos from PS2/Xbox DVD's. You can try to find DVD decrypters to maybe extract the data and go from there.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:36 AM   #74
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Yeah... that's what I was afraid of. She has DSL and the ethernet works fine on it, it's apparently just the 56K Modem that has problems

I'll need to find a good semi-cheap USB Modem I guess!
Thanks for the help though
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:23 PM   #75
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

So, Ai, what could cause a moniter to just *die*?
Old 03-12-2005, 11:36 AM   #76
Super Moderator

Sorry I wasn't home. I was actually out with a friend. Isn't that nuts. Well, onto the question.

It could be a number of factors. If your monitor just straight up won't show a picture, but it shows that it's on, that usually means there's an internal problem with the amount of voltage transfer to send the electrons through the CRT (assuming you don't use a flat screen). If the screen gets distorted or changes color, that's a problem within the CRT itself, meaning missing pixels or misdirection of the electrons, etc. There's really not much you can do to fix a monitor, unless you get a technician to do it for you. I would say just get a new monitor. They're really cheap these days. From reading the Nintendo thread, I see you got yourself a new one. That's the best thing you can do.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:54 PM   #77
JameO
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Chains
Ok I have a couple of questions.

My Girlfriend gave me her old laptop and it seems the Modem doesn't work right. It gives me an error 678 and says it can't connect to the remote computer. Windows seems to think the Modem has no problems with it, so I'm wondering if this is something easily fixable? (hopes so)

Second, does anyone know of Programs that will let me View/Save/Rip The Movie and Music Files from PS2 and XBox games?
Yeah I know it would cost money, but you could get a capture card and then rip both off the game. But that isn't a free method.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:07 PM   #78
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Oh mighty Ai, I seek your wisdom, because I'm stuck.

Okay, I think it's time to dip into the ole savings account cuz I'm pissed. I've got this old Gateway monitor that was made in 2000. It's gotten the job done quite well thus far, but it has this problem with dark tinting. It's a manufacturing defect. It has gotten worse until now I can't do sh*t. Even this board is almost unreadable. That was the cut off point, but there's more. You see, my monitor is the center of my entertainment. All, and I mean ALL of my consoles are hooked to a switcher than runs to the ATI card. In other words, I play all video games on a high def screen rather than a crappy ole TV. Imagine trying to play Metroid Prime 2 on a screen that's this dark. Completely unplayable. So....I need a new one. I want to go LCD, and from what I can tell, Apple makes the best ones, but that leads to this question. Will an Apple LCD work on a Windows based PC?

More specifically, will the Apple 20-Inch Cinema (the one on the left of the page below) work on a Windows PC. I have an ATI Radeon 7500 (with DVI), 1GB of Ram, and a 2.5Ghz Pentium 4. Here's the link to the page.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...=AppleDisplays

Yes, I can afford it (on a payment plan), and I need to start building some credit anyways.

While I'm at it, my mother is thinking about getting one as well to replace her very aging TV that is going out fast. She wants that big ass 30-inch one on the right side of the page. Do you know if it would work on a Windows PC with 528MB ram, an ATI Radeon 7500 (with DVI) and a 1Ghz Pentium III? She wants to hook that sucker to the cable box and watch the Discovery Channel and Stargate in HD. I can see why.

Anyways, can you help me out here? Hope I'm not asking too much.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:26 AM   #79
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Hm... I might be able to help with this actually, since I know a bit about the Apple displays...

Yes, you can use them with a Wintel machine, but you have to plop down money on an adapter.

And no, your mom won't be albe to use that 30incher. It's a Mac only moniter, because it uses a specially designed Nvidia graphics card. It takes TWO outputs to display an image on that, because of it's whopping 2560 x 1600 resolution.

Infact, the only machine Apple makes that can handle it is their Dual 2.5 GHz G5.

And now, I've got a question about fixing Java 2. Java web programs crash my browser, and it's pretty damn annoying. *fixitfixitfixitfixit*.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:32 AM   #80
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

What Browser are you using? IE, Firefox, Netscape, Mozilla, ect?