The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-31-2020, 03:01 PM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Shredder of TMNTA

Forever War got me thinking about a possible continuity error .So Shredder appears in 1-6,9-13,20-25,36-37,42-44 and a pair of flashback stories involving Mammoth and the Frakenwolf creature. The Shredder from #36-#37 and #42-#44 was extracted from the climax of #4.Yet he knew about owing the Turtles after #25. Was that a continuity error? He should not have known and gave up Splinter like he did. What Shredder are we getting in Forever War? The time portal refugee who abandoned Baxter in TMNTA#4 or the jailed one from #25? My head hurts trying to figure out Shredder's chronology.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:49 PM   #2
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Forever War got me thinking about a possible continuity error .So Shredder appears in 1-6,9-13,20-25,36-37,42-44 and a pair of flashback stories involving Mammoth and the Frakenwolf creature. The Shredder from #36-#37 and #42-#44 was extracted from the climax of #4.Yet he knew about owing the Turtles after #25. Was that a continuity error? He should not have known and gave up Splinter like he did. What Shredder are we getting in Forever War? The time portal refugee who abandoned Baxter in TMNTA#4 or the jailed one from #25? My head hurts trying to figure out Shredder's chronology.
I'm actually hoping The Forever War addresses this issue because it is a problem that I had reading the original TMNTA comics. It doesn't make sense to me either and did seem like a continuity error. So here's hoping.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:37 PM   #3
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

After being extracted from the climax of #4, Shredder had access to his own history and every encounter his past self would have had with the turtles. It's not hard to imagine that his actions here were entirely self preserving in a weird timeline erasure sort of way. Reacting differently than the non extracted Shredder from the timeline could have resulted in some sort of shift that could have wiped him from existence. That's just a patchwork theory I have for that moment.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:38 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
I'm actually hoping The Forever War addresses this issue
Oh, it does. Majorly.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:55 AM   #5
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Oh, it does. Majorly.
Oh well that is really great to hear! I'm really glad it will be addressed in the finale. I can't wait for this series to come out in a few months time.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:57 AM   #6
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 View Post
After being extracted from the climax of #4, Shredder had access to his own history and every encounter his past self would have had with the turtles. It's not hard to imagine that his actions here were entirely self preserving in a weird timeline erasure sort of way. Reacting differently than the non extracted Shredder from the timeline could have resulted in some sort of shift that could have wiped him from existence. That's just a patchwork theory I have for that moment.
This is a good explanation until we know what Forever War states.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:02 AM   #7
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
This is a good explanation until we know what Forever War states.
Thanks! I'm sure whatever the full explanation Forever War gives will be even better, but it's just been a theory I've had for a long time.
It still blows my mind that we're getting all these story endings so many years later. It's a good time to be a part of the fandom for this stuff!
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote