The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 08:26 AM   #15681
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Paige was nowhere to be found, no. I'm not super surprised. It feels a little late to add her into a story she'd been missing for just to be a cog in a ten woman elimination tag. They weren't likely to put her in that position over a horsewoman, either.

A better position might be next week, maybe confronting Alexa Bliss or something. That's assuming WWE is particularly keen on her right now and want to do something with her.
Idk, Survival Series teams could always benefit from a random surprise entrant.

Paige was seen lurking around the building. I guess it was just a tease.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:04 PM   #15682
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The rumor as to why Paige wasnt on television last night is that Alicia Fox posted a picture of the 2 together on Instagram when they were trying to keep it a surprise.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #15683
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The crowd were really waiting to pop for that pedigree to Jordan. Hopefully this means they turn him heel, it sure seemed that way with him having the entitlement issues, the whining, and bragging that he was "the best"
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:56 PM   #15684
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The crowd were really waiting to pop for that pedigree to Jordan. Hopefully this means they turn him heel, it sure seemed that way with him having the entitlement issues, the whining, and bragging that he was "the best"
Hopefully it'll lead to a good story for him and anyone involved.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:35 AM   #15685
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I know it's brand warfare and all, but It was quite weird to see Bayley doing heel things, but very refreshing to see Roman playing heel muscle again
Old 11-15-2017, 02:57 PM   #15686
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I'd just like to point out that holy hell has the card for Survivor Series improved tenfold in just two weeks. We were looking at a dud and now we've got one that, on paper, looks like it could be a top contender for the best shows of the year. Whether it will is another thing - WWE's blown stacked cards before - but I can't think of one with this much raw potential in a while.

Charlotte and Alexa Bliss will be a much better match-up, I'd say, and I'm glad we're past Nattie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I know it's brand warfare and all, but It was quite weird to see Bayley doing heel things, but very refreshing to see Roman playing heel muscle again
I don't even see what happened last night as "heel". It's giving a receipt that was overdue. Raw was over-run and wrecked for absolutely no reason weeks ago over what Kurt Angle seemed to assume was just a friendly brand rivalry exhibition but Shane McMahon and Smackdown took way too seriously. In real life that's still a no go, but in wrestling you can do this kind of tit for tat thing and still be face and still have it make sense, because the other side wronged you and you're just getting retribution. If they did that for, like, three weeks even after Survivor Series - and I joke, but WWE's done retribution for too long like that numerous times - then yeah, they're buttholes.

Quote:
It looks like they're going to do the Rocky Miavia thing for him, yeah, which is for the best. I feel kind of bad for him, because the crowds were dead on arrival for him and I'm not a hundred percent sure why. He wasn't winning every match or titles out of nowhere. He wasn't giving long, bad promos. I didn't feel like he was getting eight million opportunities he didn't deserve in kayfabe, when he was mostly just on the show and losing as many matches as he won. He's good in the ring and even had some good showcase matches for it. He had a goofy lead-in that didn't work in the father angle, but I'm not sure why he started getting "go away" heat.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:35 PM   #15687
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Ellsworth got the boot today and I couldnt be happier.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:05 PM   #15688
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Ellsworth got the boot today and I couldnt be happier.
... Because? The dudes presence was pretty inoffensive. I'm not sure why him being let go would make you happy.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:27 PM   #15689
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
... Because? The dudes presence was pretty inoffensive. I'm not sure why him being let go would make you happy.
Because he was taking up a spot that could of went to someone else. Plus the only reason why he became so popular is because he "didnt have" a chin.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:52 PM   #15690
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Because he was taking up a spot that could of went to someone else. Plus the only reason why he became so popular is because he "didnt have" a chin.
He was a valet. Who almost never wrestled. There was no spot.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:43 PM   #15691
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Quote:
It looks like they're going to do the Rocky Miavia thing for him, yeah, which is for the best. I feel kind of bad for him, because the crowds were dead on arrival for him and I'm not a hundred percent sure why. He wasn't winning every match or titles out of nowhere. He wasn't giving long, bad promos. I didn't feel like he was getting eight million opportunities he didn't deserve in kayfabe, when he was mostly just on the show and losing as many matches as he won. He's good in the ring and even had some good showcase matches for it. He had a goofy lead-in that didn't work in the father angle, but I'm not sure why he started getting "go away" heat.
Because they were expecting Chad Gable to play the role of Kurt's son. Gable has always been positioned as the guy in American Alpha with the most potential and the "it" factor. So when they pulled that M. Night Shyamalan twist, it didn't get the reaction they wanted. But this heel turn (if they go for it) will definitely help Jordan. Hell, it helped ANGLE.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:02 PM   #15692
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
The rumor as to why Paige wasnt on television last night is that Alicia Fox posted a picture of the 2 together on Instagram when they were trying to keep it a surprise.
Maybe that and other people posting pics of Paige lurking around the RAW building on Instagram too.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-15-2017, 11:26 PM   #15693
Slade
god status

Well, got our tickets for Mania today. Lookin for to it more now.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:31 PM   #15694
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Some wrestlers are really bad with that. You'd think they'd want to wait until after they've reappeared on TV again, just in case the boss wanted their return to be a big surprise or something.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:53 PM   #15695
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Some wrestlers are really bad with that. You'd think they'd want to wait until after they've reappeared on TV again, just in case the boss wanted their return to be a big surprise or something.
Surprises are impossible. My inbox is blown up with all sorts of wrestling updates. I got back into wrestling not too long ago, I think Survivor Series 2015, and due all the spoiler online gossip dirt sheets and whatever, I was literally the only one in my group surprised that Sting appeared at the end. Everyone was already expecting it due all the hot online gossip and rumors and whatnot.

Then we have the matches that due to us already knowing that a contract is about to expire or are about to start filming a movie or whatever have someone already predicted to lose to have an excuse to bow out. Jericho surprised everyone when he won one of his last matches because they were so sure he was going to lose since he going on tour around that time.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:47 AM   #15696
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Half the time they don't even try. It's the difference between the people who will post backstage pictures and Chris Jericho. Dude denies he's anywhere, no matter if it's true or not, and as such you're never a hundred percent sure about any rumor, especially since the IWC and the dirt sheets are constantly talking about when and where he might re-appear.

Half the time, you're going to be found out anyway but it will always happen if you don't even make the effort.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #15697
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Drew McIntyre suffered a bicep injury at War Games last night

Old 11-19-2017, 09:24 PM   #15698
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

What pinhead in the WWE Creative department decided to book the main event like that? Seriously, the show ended fifteen minutes earlier, it felt like something missing.

Spoiler:
Least Strowman played The Game.

Seriously though, what was the point of John Cena being on Team Smackdown when he did almost nothing? Why waste Shinsuke Nakamura and Bobby Roode instead of having them get a little more limelight? Why end with Shane being the final Smackdown star?

Besides showing several "dream" matches (I'm all for Balor vs Cena or Roode vs Triple H as two), the eventual Triple H vs Kurt Angle match (it's increasingly clear), and the Strowman spot, there was nothing in this main event noteworthy. It was a disappointing conclusion to Survivor Series, which actually was pretty solid otherwise.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:08 PM   #15699
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
What pinhead in the WWE Creative department decided to book the main event like that? Seriously, the show ended fifteen minutes earlier, it felt like something missing.
Given they'd tacked on an extra hour to begin with, we didn't really lose anything. It just ended a little earlier than most PPV's. Besides, that match went a half an hour as it was.

Cena was there for star power and so Smackdown didn't look completely outmatched. That's pretty much it. As it was, they were across from a murderers row of top stars in the company. Cena was there to maybe put some doubt, because while we seem to have finally passed the era of Super Cena, those days are still recent enough that we always think he won't lose.

The booking of the main event was kind of eh, but I didn't think it went too terribly. When it comes to Survivor Series, people tend to remember stand-out performances more than who lost. Like Dolph Ziggler three years ago, who eliminated four people and was the sole survivor, which people still bring up when they lament how WWE didn't do anything with him. Or last year, when Bray Wyatt actually ended up one of the survivors of the team and had a following period where he was actually booked pretty well. I couldn't tell you who lost in either match other than Seth Rollins was involved one year and Kevin Owens in another.

I think my biggest complaint was Shinsuke getting pinned first, with Roode right behind him, but I'm not sure who else you put in that role. Shane was the most expendable of the entire group, but if you toss him out early, you lose that Come to Jesus moment at the end where he's the only one left, he visibly realizes he's screwed and he has no one to blame but himself for escalating things as high as he did. I at least enjoyed that Braun wrecked shop. He pinned three guys in the match and survived.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:34 PM   #15700
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Is there a reairing of the Ric Flair 30 on 30 that ESPN put together. That is my father's favorite wrestler and he just missed it.

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling