The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you lost interest in the Idw series?
Yes 21 13.82%
No 131 86.18%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #201
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

I don't post here anymore lately but I read the comic discussions often and read every IDW issue as they come out. I just wanted to say thanks to Tom and the team because this ongoing is my favorite turtles series ever. Cityfall has been a blast and the art has been nothing short of spectacular. I like it more than Mirage as there is a lot of Mirage i just don't dig when kevin/peter left. I love the books and thanks for reading our complaints and our reviews!

Last edited by Vegeta; 11-29-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #202
CyberCubed
Overlord

My interest comes and goes between issues, but that's basically because only one issue comes out a month and you're not really thinking about the story again till the next issue comes.

I want the IDW series to go on for as long as possible however, because with Mirage being over now its pretty much the only TMNT comic we have going. If Nick decides to terminate their deal with IDW for whatever reason I don't think we'll get much in the way of comics anymore outside of a few based on the cartoon.

Does anyone know how many years the Nick/IDW licensed was agreed for? I assume they did it for at least 3 years and then they renew based on sales?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #203
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist

My interest has been rekindled with issue #29. Looking forward to where things are going with the characters.

I also think that this issue is the best April O'Neil has been drawn in the series so far. I hope they stick with the "pear shape" she had in this issue.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #204
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Bobby,

I think the series has done exceptionally great in a few areas. The first arc shines the brightest for me. Issues #1-5 felt wonderous, unpredictable, and a tad dangerous.

That aside, I think there are some really excellent points being made in this post (Not just the section I've quoted). "Konchadunga" has probably hit the nail on a head for a fair amount of fans on this board.

I haven't lost interest. I'm enjoying this story. I think this series can do way better.
Another thing is look at the Nick series. Not for everything, mind you, but what it does well is play to nostalgia without being a slave to it and without thinking the mere presence of a legacy character is enough to entertain old fans. Again, the Fugitoid is the big example of where IDW got it right; by all means, change something in the mythos and do something unexpected to keep it fresh. However, merely taking away a big part of what characters were before is not the right way to change things; unless you plan to add something else that's really original. So much of the Fred Wolf show was designed for comedy that taking the comedy out of its characters is basically pointless; you might as well not have Fred Wolf characters if you're going to do that.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #205
Icegaze
Hench Mutant

I love this series. Best arc so far is City Fall, of course. The art style was magnificent. The intensity was great as well.

I'm not a fan of the current art style though. Too cartoony.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #206
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've lost interest in the single issues and switched to the trades. Buying just one comic a month to continue the story doesn't appeal to me anymore.

I'll stick with the trades so I can read entire arcs at once. I know it hurts sales but I am just one person so it won't make much of a difference.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:01 PM   #207
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I've been buying them that way all along, Cubed, and the worst thing about them is the wait in between. I have loved every arc so far, as well as the micros. I'm eagerly awaiting the day City Fall pt 2 is available in trades, and the Villains micro volume 2, as well. Even though it means I'm a little behind the current arc (Northhampton), I enjoy getting to read entire arcs at once. And I don't think it hurts sales at all, since we are still buying the series, just put together in a different format. And we get extras that the single issues don't deliver- all that variant cover art that's included in the back! It's win-win, in my book.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idw, mirage