The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-23-2019, 01:20 PM   #21
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Please stop. There is a RPG forum for that.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:27 PM   #22
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
Please stop. There is a RPG forum for that.
Don't waste your breath he keeps doing it and mods won't stop him either
Old 09-23-2019, 01:39 PM   #23
Damo
Random Punk

NickAlive has indicated that the show is probably fine and this was just a scheduling gaffe.

See? Never get your hopes up, the world will just kick you when you're not expecting it.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

The season season brings the show up to 52 episodes (although they're 11 minute episodes, so it comes out to less overall viewtime), and one movie coming.

If it ends there it's a decent run. I don't think this show has the stamina to go on 100+ episodes like the previous 3 cartoons, so if it ends around 52 eps, they had enough time to play around with the new concepts and characters and it'll be fine.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:21 PM   #25
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I would've liked to have seen more, any chance of this getting a third season?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:31 PM   #26
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I am with Cubed I don't see this going a 3rd season. Cancel it at 2 and go back to the drawing board and make a new cartoon that doesn't Alienate the hardcore adult TMNT Fans.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:36 PM   #27
TommyT
Banned

Would it be wise for them to pick up the 87 cartoon where it left off?
What if they relaunched with a he-man style continuation?
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:21 AM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think the 2012 series getting revisited in some form is more likely, since Ciro has expressed interest in and sent some pitches to Nick. They also still have all the CG assets.

I think we'll at least get a movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:28 AM   #29
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
No, absolutely not. That is an awful idea. First off, the Fred Wolf show sucks and doesn't deserve a continuation just to make nostalgic 40 year olds feel validated in their misplaced affection.

More importantly however, said 40 year olds wouldn't even like it in the first place. If it really did continue the show from where it left off, they wouldn't even recognise the status quo. And even if that wasn't the case, the default way to write the Fred Wolf Turtles for the past 10 years came across as making fun of them to the nostalgia crowd.

It's way better to start from scratch. A Fred Wolf continuation would be a horrible mistake.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:47 AM   #30
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I've always said, I don't think "Rise" was ever intended to be the "New TMNT™." Just a cheap, experimental thing they'd run as a transitional thing in between the 2012 version and whatever the next "big" (real?) version will be.
I don’t know much about animation development/business. Is this common practice? To just throw out a filler “in-between” show while you chalk up the next big thing? Seems like a lot of money wasted, but the show does sort of give me that vibe. It just seems like such an odd left-turn when what they had seemed generally successful.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:20 AM   #31
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
No, absolutely not. That is an awful idea. First off, the Fred Wolf show sucks and doesn't deserve a continuation just to make nostalgic 40 year olds feel validated in their misplaced affection.
What age are you? Eight?

Cut it out with the ageist snark. You're basically insulting and writing off the very people who gave you this website. The FW cartoon is the whole reason many of us are here and we love it, our affection isn't "misplaced", I genuinely feel the show is superior to a lot of the crap we've gotten after, except for seasons one-five of 23K.

Also, don't speak for that demographic. How the hell do you know how they'll react?

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 09-24-2019 at 07:32 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:22 AM   #32
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think the 2012 series getting revisited in some form is more likely, since Ciro has expressed interest in and sent some pitches to Nick. They also still have all the CG assets.

I think we'll at least get a movie.
I will climb up on my roof and do a "Snoopy Dance" when/if they ever decide to bring back the 2k12 series!!
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:09 AM   #33
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
What age are you? Eight?

Cut it out with the ageist snark. You're basically insulting and writing off the very people who gave you this website. The FW cartoon is the whole reason many of us are here and we love it, our affection isn't "misplaced", I genuinely feel the show is superior to a lot of the crap we've gotten after, except for seasons one-five of 23K.

Also, don't speak for that demographic. How the hell do you know how they'll react?
The show has very obvious flaws in terms of writing and animation, on an objective level it's bad and people primarily defend it out of nostalgia. You can love the show all you want but it's hard to argue that it's actually good, meaning that affection is probably better directed towards something else.

And any sneak peek into what a revival could turn out like has largely been seen as "making fun" of the series, meaning that anyone interested would likely get turned off by the results.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:03 PM   #34
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
I will climb up on my roof and do a "Snoopy Dance" when/if they ever decide to bring back the 2k12 series!!
Whilst I'd just groan and change the channel
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:08 PM   #35
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Eh, I'll pass. I love it for what it is, but as I was saying before, it's a product of its time and I feel like it would just end up like 'Rise' in looking like the creators would be trying too hard in a way that doesn't feel genuine or quite work. But they'd no doubt also want to update it, so...probably end up with that bunch of Turtles paired together with the kind of weirdness the likes of Spongebob has been sinking into.

If any series was picked back up and continued, I'd rather see (and had already wished for) that happen with 2003. The general style and tone of that one (sans those last couple of seasons) would still work well a decade later. (Hell, we need more serious cartoons that aren't trying to be a wacky, eccentric sugar rush with a Lisa Frank color palette.**)

A 2012 movie would be very welcome though.

** edit: Which reminds me I, ironically, keep wanting to take some TMNT line art and try to give it the Lisa Frank treatment for the hell of it. lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-24-2019 at 02:14 PM.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:35 PM   #36
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I am with Cubed I don't see this going a 3rd season. Cancel it at 2 and go back to the drawing board and make a new cartoon that doesn't Alienate the hardcore adult TMNT Fans.
Do you really think Nickelodeon cares if a bunch of adults watch their cartoons or not?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 04:15 AM   #37
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
I'm all for a new show that takes place after the 87 series. But those Turtles and everyone else in it would be a lot older by now.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:39 AM   #38
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Divide and Conquer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I'm all for a new show that takes place after the 87 series. But those Turtles and everyone else in it would be a lot older by now.
Not if it takes place right after Divide and Conquer.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 12:26 PM   #39
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Rise is much worse than 1987 . I caused lot of destruction and hurted many people in the city. Like when i blew up the channel 6 building. And i was fighting very hard in battles and hurted a lot my enemies! What baron draxum has done so far is just mutating people into animals. Rise is nothing compared to 1987
Old 09-25-2019, 12:29 PM   #40
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Although... I'd be just fine with aging them up to the present time.

Would at least be a convenient way of doing a continuation that is similar in look and tone, but still "different enough" just by the nature of making everyone older.

Poor Splinter might be elderly by that point though. (But hey, they can tap into the relatable "taking care of an aging parent" thing that most deal with eventually. lol) A 50/60-something Shredder would be amusing to see.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote