Foot Soldier

I'll be there Sat.
tfranzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:06 PM   #22
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfranzone View Post
Anyone have any NYCC news yet? Exclusives, people to see?
Someone has told me there will be a Kevin Eastman 30th Anniversary cover Ex. Being made available. Similar to the Capital City Con and Alamo Con editions, id imagine it will have an artist proof, color edition, and limited run (500-1000). Where and when at the Con it will be sold - don't know but you can probably expect it'll be there.

Wish I could go this year but I'm not willing to shell out the ridic prices for after market and they sold out so quick this time.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #23
tfranzone
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
Someone has told me there will be a Kevin Eastman 30th Anniversary cover Ex. Being made available. Similar to the Capital City Con and Alamo Con editions, id imagine it will have an artist proof, color edition, and limited run (500-1000). Where and when at the Con it will be sold - don't know but you can probably expect it'll be there.

Wish I could go this year but I'm not willing to shell out the ridic prices for after market and they sold out so quick this time.
Thanks, yea i hear ya. the ticketing system this year with that crappy queue was awful! I was purchasing 3 day passes, but since the system was being so screwy only got Saturday tickets.. compared to all the nightmare stories I heard though, I consider myself lucky to get the Saturday passes.

If what we have listed here is all that is going to be available at NYCC, I will probably look to get something sketched from Dooney and Talbot.. at the very least have Dooney sign my copy of Challenges.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #24
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

I got a 4-day. According to all the IDW panels, their focus is MLP and Transformers. Not much info on Turtles. There are no exclusive TMNT covers for NYCC either. Meh.
The panel on Friday looks promising. I'll be recording it if they let me. If not, im live-tweeting it.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:09 PM   #25
pl212
Stone Warrior

We should have a drome meet up before the TMNT panel
Old 10-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #26
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Other than the exclusives mentioned (not even through IDW) it seems like last year was a more TMNT heavy year which is surprising with it being the 30th. Glad i was there last year instead of this year. The guest roster isnt even as impressive this year either

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:33 AM   #27
Sofistocat
Stone Warrior

I'm going Thursday only and bringing tons of anti-bacterial wipes. Got sick as a dog after the show last year. Gary Fields and Erik Larsen will also be there.

I don't plan on doing much, will be in AA most of the day. It's a huge show and the first day is the easiest to navigate.

Hoping to find some decent OA pages.

My Technodrome Forums TMNT Collection

My ComicArtFan Galleries

Buy Mark Martin's Original Art HERE
Sofistocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #28
tfranzone
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofistocat View Post
I'm going Thursday only and bringing tons of anti-bacterial wipes. Got sick as a dog after the show last year. Gary Fields and Erik Larsen will also be there.

I don't plan on doing much, will be in AA most of the day. It's a huge show and the first day is the easiest to navigate.

Hoping to find some decent OA pages.
If the price is right, I'll be looking for some Dooney OA. Although with Larsen being there, a page from Bodycount would kind of rule.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #29
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
If the price is right, I'll be looking for some Dooney OA. Although with Larsen being there, a page from Bodycount would kind of rule.
Larsen had nothing to do with Bodycount... & Dooney has kept almost every piece he ever did that saw print, so unless you plan on commissioning him, good luck.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #30
tfranzone
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Larsen had nothing to do with Bodycount... & Dooney has kept almost every piece he ever did that saw print, so unless you plan on commissioning him, good luck.
..take it easy, das Fuhrer. I had a mental lapse for a moment there about the artist since bodycount and volume 3 came out around the same year, if not THE same year .. and since you like snark, pretty sure Larsen DID have something to do with Bodycount .. he was the publisher at image for it.

And since I am looking for a Dooney piece, I obviously don't already have one, so I'm unaware of his policies with selling art... so while I thank you for the info, maybe try to dial back the response next time if someone says something incorrect by accident or may not know as much.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #31
Powder
So tired of this place

Ah, so I'm a Nazi for correcting you. Good to know.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:49 AM   #32
tfranzone
Foot Soldier

The correction just seemed a bit rude is all, as opposed to correcting in a helpful way.

No matter, to get back to the point of this thread... I exchanged a couple of emails with Michael Dooney last night, who was very nice by the way, and he said he will have a few of original TMNT pieces on him for sale at NYCC, but only a few.. so they will probably sell quickly..
He did say though that he would be drawing all weekend at the con (busts and single character drawings) and would try to get things done for people..obviously he can only do so much..

Since I'm only going one day, I asked if he could do a black and white Leo piece for me... hopefully he has time to do it.. would love to have that on my wall!
Old 10-12-2014, 10:57 PM   #33
funatic
Mad Scientist

Another great year at NYCC. The Nick panel was a blast as usual, esp with the big reveals of
Spoiler:
Renet, Hun, Bepop & Rocksteady
! I got to meet Ciro and the cast in an autograph session afterward! Also really cool to finally see an IDW booth at the con! It was nice chatting with Bobby and the gang and hearing about an unrevealed forthcoming mini-series! All the turtle artists (and cast and creators of the Nick show) are all so nice and down to earth. You can tell how much they all love the property. Artist Alley was full of turtle prints too! I got my fair share, and a slough of headsketches from IDW guys I hadn't met yet. Will post pics in a day or two!

Last edited by funatic; 10-12-2014 at 11:06 PM.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:25 AM   #34
tfranzone
Foot Soldier

Saw a lot of cool TMNT prints at NYCC this year. I met with Michael Dooney who was a really nice guy.. He did a commission for me and also signed my copy of challeneges which he mentioned was nice to see kept in good shape. Said a lot he sees are usually pretty beat up. Here's the Leo commission he did for me ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (87.5 KB, 25 views)
Old 10-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #35
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Whoah! Very nice!

Dooney's a great guy to chat with; he always seems really thrilled to talk to his fans and usually has a little anecdote behind whatever work of his he's signing.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:52 AM   #36
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Stan Lee's Comikaze is coming up in a few weeks in LA. From what I've researched I don't think there is any, but anyone know if anything TMNT related will be there? Thanks!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:35 AM   #37
Powder
So tired of this place

Well, Jim Lee did a cover that featured a ninja turtle on it, & Peter David wrote the short-lived 4kids inspired Dreamwave TMNT comic, but otherwise, no.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #38
funatic
Mad Scientist

Better late than never - here's a gimpse of my NYCC haul this year.

Starting with my routine half-page headsketches. I've crossed most of the big Mirage guys and IDW regulars off the list already, so this year was some of the more obscure IDWers, and some artists just well known for their turtle fanart.

Marcelo Ferreira's Nick Raph & Bryan Turner's Lego Raph

Jerry Gaylord's Mikey & Derek Fridolf's Ninja Turtle

Jon Sommariva's Leo & Valerio Schiti's Don

And got a handful of prints as well:

reprint of the Mirage #1 cover for $4 on the show floor!! (probably printed w/out permission)

TMNT print by Gaylord. I also got an awesome X-Men print in his style. He had one for just about every animated 90s team you could imagine.

ukiyo-e style mini-print by artist whose name I forgot. there were so many selling turtle prints this year!

top: free Nick print (in TMNT #10 style!) signed by Ciro & cast!
bottom: TMNT Little Miss Sunshine parody by Marco D'Alfonso (m7781) - this guy had an amazing selection of hilarious prints, check out more at his website: http://www.marcodalfonso.com/#!2014/c17mj

more prints by D'Alfonso, an homage to Fantastic Four & a hilarious Ghost parody I couldn't help but include even though not TMNT related.

Finally, didn't get to do much digging thru back issue bins this year, but scored a Mirage TMNT#2 3rd printing (with the awesome Richard Corben wraparound cover), and an ancient Donatello Martial Arts Training Manual for just $2 each!

Another successful NYCC and another empty wallet!
Old 10-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #39
tfranzone
Foot Soldier

I saw that little miss sunshine parody piece at NYCC last year.. made me chuckle. glad to see someone purchased it.. also, that FF homage print looks great!
Old 10-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #40
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I saw that little miss sunshine parody piece at NYCC last year.. made me chuckle. glad to see someone purchased it.. also, that FF homage print looks great!
yeah he had a great selection and great prices, 3 prints for $20!