The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #1221
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
This makes me think we've seen the last of Lego TMNT, sadly. I can only hope Mega Bloks picks the series up again, as their work with COD, Halo and Assassins Creed is amazing thus far, and they're making amazing Spongebob sets, so there's existing friendships with Nick there.
I hope LEGO is smart enough to hold onto the TMNT license for a bit longer. There is still potential there, and I'm not much of a fan of Mega Bloks.

I think MB's Spongebob figures are pretty good, so they have improved. Is it possible they'd make some great TMNT figures? I can see it happening so I could end up buying some for the minifigs alone.

But I'm way more into LEGO and I'd prefer to see the LEGO TMNT continue.

The Mikey Shellraiser polybag was a free giveaway at Toys R Us like two or three weeks ago, so they are still using TMNT as a big promoter.

I'm not at all worried about LEGO dropping the license just yet. We could get something in Q3 or Q4 of 2015 or early 2016. I know it sucks that they aren't doing a lot more, but as someone who loves ALL LEGO products, it simply doesn't bother me becuase there are SO MANY amazing LEGO things coming out this year. Seriously, those of you who only care about LEGO because of the TMNT sets are really missing out, you should look at some of the other stuff they are doing. DC Comics, Marvel comics, Star wars, Jurassic World, Bionicle... on and on and on.

AND finally, I just want to say that the beauty of LEGO is what you can make with the pieces you have. Once you have a few TMNT LEGO sets to get some of the minifigures you want, you can build all of the amazing TMNT environments you could ever want. We have seen some incredible looking Sewer Lairs and vehicles made in LEGO and that is going to continue even if LEGO discontinues the license.

Buy some TMNT LEGO now while they are still on the shelf and enjoy them!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:40 PM   #1222
Orochi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I hope LEGO is smart enough to hold onto the TMNT license for a bit longer. There is still potential there, and I'm not much of a fan of Mega Bloks.

I think MB's Spongebob figures are pretty good, so they have improved. Is it possible they'd make some great TMNT figures? I can see it happening so I could end up buying some for the minifigs alone.

But I'm way more into LEGO and I'd prefer to see the LEGO TMNT continue.

The Mikey Shellraiser polybag was a free giveaway at Toys R Us like two or three weeks ago, so they are still using TMNT as a big promoter.

I'm not at all worried about LEGO dropping the license just yet. We could get something in Q3 or Q4 of 2015 or early 2016. I know it sucks that they aren't doing a lot more, but as someone who loves ALL LEGO products, it simply doesn't bother me becuase there are SO MANY amazing LEGO things coming out this year. Seriously, those of you who only care about LEGO because of the TMNT sets are really missing out, you should look at some of the other stuff they are doing. DC Comics, Marvel comics, Star wars, Jurassic World, Bionicle... on and on and on.

AND finally, I just want to say that the beauty of LEGO is what you can make with the pieces you have. Once you have a few TMNT LEGO sets to get some of the minifigures you want, you can build all of the amazing TMNT environments you could ever want. We have seen some incredible looking Sewer Lairs and vehicles made in LEGO and that is going to continue even if LEGO discontinues the license.

Buy some TMNT LEGO now while they are still on the shelf and enjoy them!

Oh no doubt I love the lego TMNT, Lego is dear to my heart, when I was a little kid Lego Star Wars was just released and I played with those sets for hours, so the Lego aesthetic is pleasing. I do though, think that Mega Bloks would make great new TMNT sets using the new minifigure system they've done for Marvel, Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed. Using the new system we could get super detailed little figures to display with high articulation and great sculpts to at least go as a nice companion piece to the lego ones. However, you're totally correct about MB sets not being quite as nicely built as the Lego ones, they tend to use less pieces and be more about molded items.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:23 PM   #1223
Dunedain
Thug

I agree that the recent Mega Bloks mini figures/sets are nice, but it would be HORRIBLE if Lego did not make anymore TMNT sets. Then, to me at least, if Mega Bloks picked up the line, it would just be such a kick in the d&ck. I could/would never mix the Mega bloks stuff with my huge TMNT lego collection, and wouldn't start collecting them at all.

I have tons off the Lego TMNT, enough where I made custom lairs, vehicles, even mini-figures. It just aint enough though, I want more, and if the Lego gang doesn't release any more sets, it would be such a missed opportunity and letdown. There are SO MANY more sets and figures they can do based on the Nick toon, it needs to be done.

Personally, I still have faith that they will do more sets later on this year. The Turtles are far from "dead" and the Nick toon is alive and kicking. Let the remaining TMNT movie sets sell off, and the latest Nick sets too, and hopefully they will be replaced with awesome new sets this summer.
Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:19 AM   #1224
Filespit
Hench Mutant

I bought the LEGO Movie spaceship for my father for christmas at Toys R Us. They had not a single TMNT set at the store, not even a hint of it. There was no indication it was sold out either (no empty shelves and such). It seems they are quickly becoming hard to find. Either they are selling really great or really bad, but I fear it's the latter. I also looked through the LEGO catalogue for 2014 and there were no information about the TMNT line, perhaps that is an indication it's going.

I dig get the party wagon from my father for christmas though, it was literally the last box at another toy store. It had a reduced price due to the box being a bit damaged. Really happy I got it though, it's a rad set.

My father spoke to the guy at the toy store and unless my father misheard him it sounded like LEGO aren't producing any TMNT sents anymore. I mean he should probably know, working at a toy store and all.

Would be really sad to see the line dropped, I'm still hoping for a TMNT LEGO game. Seems we need to act fast if we want to get our hands on the sets while they're still available.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #1225
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
that's odd. i can still find plenty TMNT LEGO at my local Walmart! i may pick up what Movie sets i can find tomorrow

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:45 AM   #1226
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I usually only frequent Target and Toys R Us. Target doesn't seem to be carrying a lot of TMNT LEGO now, though you may find a few. Most likely movie sets.

Toys R Us has quite a bit of the movie sets, but not a lot of the animated sets at the moment around here.

January 1st is a big day for LEGO every year, and this year they are releasing a ton of new sets so a lot of stores are clearing space to make room.

Going to be harder to find tmnt lego on the shelf this year unless they release new sets.

They should still be pretty easy to find on shop.lego.com and some other online stores, at least for the next several months.

Let's not forget how lucky we are that LEGO even licensed TMNT since LEGO owns its own Ninja brand: Ninjago. It was brave of them to take on a second 'ninja' property when they didn't really need to.

There is going to be a Ninjago movie in theaters in 2016. Maybe LEGO is not going to stick with TMNT much longer because they need to focus more on Ninjago as we ramp up to the movie?

I really hope it is not true.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:01 PM   #1227
Dunedain
Thug

Where I live in New Jersey there are a ton of Toys R Us, Walmarts, and Targets around me. I go 2 a ton of them, and often, so I have a good "read" on what sells and what doesn't, and when they re-stock and so on. That being said, I personally can vouch that all the many stores around me have sold out and re-stocked MANY, MANY times of all the TMNT sets, both Nick and movie. Also as of now, they are literally sold out in most stores and have empty shelves of TMNT Lego.

Idk what this all means for future Turtle Lego waves, but I know they have been selling en masse. IDK what they will be replaced with, but I hope the sales are up all over and Lego makes some more.
Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #1228
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Found something pretty interesting at Kmart the other day...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sorry if it's been posted before, I haven't been keeping up. Also sorry for the crappy phone pics
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:30 AM   #1229
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunedain View Post
Where I live in New Jersey there are a ton of Toys R Us, Walmarts, and Targets around me. I go 2 a ton of them, and often, so I have a good "read" on what sells and what doesn't, and when they re-stock and so on. That being said, I personally can vouch that all the many stores around me have sold out and re-stocked MANY, MANY times of all the TMNT sets, both Nick and movie. Also as of now, they are literally sold out in most stores and have empty shelves of TMNT Lego.

Idk what this all means for future Turtle Lego waves, but I know they have been selling en masse. IDK what they will be replaced with, but I hope the sales are up all over and Lego makes some more.
Cool, thanks for the findings and I think LEGO will be doing more, just not in the early part of 2015. TMNT is still a hot brand and I've seen a TON of kids getting LEGO TMNT sets for Christmas (source: looking up flickr photos tagged "LEGO")

I really want to encourage everyone who likes LEGO TMNT to just enjoy what we have and be patient for new stuff and not be focusing on rather it is discontinued or not. And if there are any LEGO TMNT sets you want that don't yet own... you should try to buy them sometime in the next few months before they start becoming harder to find.

I've mused a lot on my feelings & predictions for this line, but my strongest feeling is this: LEGO has a ton on their plate right now. 2015 is a super busy year, and I think LEGO is just letting TMNT have a rest after all the overexposure from the 2014 film and whatnot. Give it time and we'll see what they announce later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Found something pretty interesting at Kmart the other day...
Very awesome and that is totally new to my eyes.

Also it's a good sign to see more LEGO TMNT merch in the wild even if it's a book and not new sets. Very cool!
Old 01-06-2015, 08:33 PM   #1230
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

I would get the lego sets but there so expensive, I just got minimates instead. The mini figs are better but theres no vehicles or playsets with ghem.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:29 AM   #1231
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
I would get the lego sets but there so expensive, I just got minimates instead. The mini figs are better but theres no vehicles or playsets with ghem.
you can get them discounted if you know how to shop around... it takes some knowledge though.

LEGO isn't for everyone, but I am a huge fan. Was a really important part of my childhood and I'm glad it's still as strong as ever.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:39 PM   #1232
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

One of the coolest TMNT Dioramas I have seen!

http://comicsalliance.com/amazing-fa...o-city-images/
Old 01-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #1233
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
looks cool! gotta get my hands on that

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:49 AM   #1234
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

Text reveals are coming in from the London Toy Fair and there's no mention again from LEGO of TMNT.

Here are the reports: http://www.thebrickfan.com/london-to...go-set-report/
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:19 PM   #1235
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

yeah they are doing scooby doo instead

there is also a rumor that the collectible minifigure series after Simpsons Series 2 will be a monster-themed series, this will be a good companion to Scooby Doo

sure would have been cool to get "vision quest" or "return to new york" themed LEGO set.

I'm not giving up hope that they will release more until some other brick company releases something. For now we can assume LEGO still has the license.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:51 AM   #1236
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

I do wonder if something happened between LEGO and Viacom, especially since SpongeBob recently jumped ship to Mega Bloks.

LEGO's current licenses comes from WB and Disney now primarily, which ties in with Scooby-Doo going to LEGO as well (owned by WB). Only Ideas veers from this for licensed properties with Ghostbusters (Sony), Back to the Future (Universal is owned by Comcast) and Minecraft (Microsoft).

Plus LEGO said this year is ending Chima, so it looks like they may be leaving the anthropomorphic animal world for now.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:17 PM   #1237
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

AND Hobbit & Lord of the Rings are ending as well. I will cherry pick Star Wars. I will probably get the new Final Duel set from RotJ when it comes out. But I collect primarily TMNT, LotR & Hobbit LEGO. So, sadly I will be saving a LOT of $$$. Who knows, we might still get more TMNT after the summer waves.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:11 PM   #1238
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

So as long as Lego keeps the rights until 2016, we know we'll at least get more movie TMNT Legos, which will hopefully include Bebop and Rocksteady mini-figures.

But if we get more TMNT legos in the second half of this year, what are you hoping to see?

Snake-Karai?
Bebop and Rocksteady?
Rat King?
Tiger Claw?
Baxter the Fly?
Casey Jones?
Metalhead?
Slash?
Dimension-X?
Old 01-26-2015, 10:36 PM   #1239
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
So as long as Lego keeps the rights until 2016, we know we'll at least get more movie TMNT Legos, which will hopefully include Bebop and Rocksteady mini-figures.

But if we get more TMNT legos in the second half of this year, what are you hoping to see?

Snake-Karai?
Bebop and Rocksteady?
Rat King?
Tiger Claw?
Baxter the Fly?
Casey Jones?
Metalhead?
Slash?
Dimension-X?
Casey and Slash. Baxter Fly too.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:47 AM   #1240
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

I'd love Casey Jones, Fly Baxter and Slash. Tiger Claw would be nice too.

And I'd love some Triceratons, the head is begging for a custom treatment.

But I've been working on some customs in the meantime...

2K3 Shredder & IDW Krang
Spoiler:

Shredder Clones
Spoiler:

Rat King (2012), Agent Bishop & Angel
Spoiler:

Nobody
Spoiler:

And a work in progress... waiting on some more hinges.
Spoiler: