The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2015, 01:00 AM   #11
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vundi View Post
Man, people can be so picky! He's close enough to a good hieght. The original cartoon was never consistant in the height of any of the characters so using as a basis for comparison isn't a good idea. And so what if it isn't cartoon accurate? The First Gokin Krang wasn't either and eveyone loved it. But let's be honest, MOST TMNT toys aren't even close to the cartoon....any of them....from any line. I'm just gonna sit back and drink in all the awesomeness they're giving up and my TMNT display is gonna be on point!!
If you want a 9 feet tall Shredder within the toy scale, being so tall Robert Wadlow have to look up is not ideal to me. But if you want a Frost Giant sized Shredder, knock yourself out, I'm not gonna tell you how to play with your toys.

But me personally, I'd like a Shredder that will actually fit in a 1/12th scale so he can look like he have a normal height squaring off with other 1/12th and 6" line figures, such as Marvel Legends, TMNT NECAs, TMNT Revoltechs, Articulated Icons and so on and so on.

Trying to justify a 9" Shredder figure with Krang's height is a moot point when Krang canonically could change his heigh, and NT-01 is as tall as the vintage Krang android body, and Cerebral/Krang himself is around the size of the vintage figure as well which isn't a bad size for a Krang that could fit in a 6" line. It's okay for Krang's android body to be 10 feet tall within the toy scale, cause he is designed on a more "badassified" style and big robots are menacing. A human taller then the Guiness Record holder is a bit silly.

It's like trying to mix Figma Solid Snake with Play Arts Kai Liquid Snake, both meant to be humans within normal height. It's going to look awkward.

If First Gokin wants to make their own line of figures with their own scale, that's fine, but I personally dropped Square Enix's Play Arts Kai and the ThunderCats Classics due to them being huge in comparison to other toylines.

Buuut, it's common that the prototype is bigger, NECA works with 2-ups and Articulated Icons' prototypes was made 4% bugger then intended to adjust for the actual size after finished molds are made. So fingers crossed that the finished NT-02 is in a more manga le size.

That said, a 8-9" Triceraton would have been fantastic.

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 10-21-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote