The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-19-2020, 05:03 AM   #1
puirnaut
Random Punk

Who owns the rights to Ninja Turtles Next Mutation? Who know about it. I want to see Venus de milo with a new origin story. I'm wondering whether Nickelodeon acquired the rights to this show or not?

Many people will say that idw has enough turtles, but I want to see Venus again. For example, she could become an agent of lady Nall, in the machinations against the turtles. Have the abbreviated name "Object V", since turtles are growing up and now, in addition to physical and mental tests, they can be subjected to love ones. This is just a brief example of how it could be added to the series, especially after the explosion of a mutagenic bomb. The motivation could be Venera's revenge for the death of her master at the hands of splinter, or programming in Nall Industries her mind for this task.
Sophie once said she had plans for Venus. but it is not yet possible to complete them. I think with the interest of the public, it will be able to agree and add Venus to the series and make it a decent character with a deep, well-developed personality
puirnaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 05:25 AM   #2
puirnaut
Random Punk

I was surfing the Internet and somewhere I read an information that Nickelodeon did not acquire the rights to the show, but I cannot trust this source, and the wiki does not say about it.
puirnaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 06:03 AM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Who owns the Next Mutation? The best way of knowing that for sure is to check the copyright on the most recent DVD release from a few years back and go from there.

Not knowing for sure however, here are the possibilities:
  1. When Saban was sold to Disney, it's possible that Disney aquired it. If it has ever aired on the Disney channel or something, that would be a good indicator that it is.
  2. Haim Saban could have held onto it himself.
  3. Saban did sell several assets to Hasbro, which could mean Hasbro owns it.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:12 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

IDW just introduced Jennika so they're obvious not going to use Venus.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:31 AM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
IDW just introduced Jennika so they're obvious not going to use Venus.
What if Jennika's head gets stuck in an hydraulic press?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:39 AM   #6
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Here you can find all the information you can find over Ninja Turtles The Next Mutation season 2, and as you can see most of the info gathered there is from what you can find online and not all is verified but the article mentions those that iirc.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:21 AM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

It has no future. It's been done for over 20 years. We'd be lucky to see a villain loosely adapted in IDW, at best.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:43 AM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

The closest we've gotten is characters with the vague name "Dragon Lord" in other continuities a few times, even in Image which was running the same time as Next Mutation in 1997, but that's about it. And the name "Dragon Lord" is so generic it can be re-used again and nobody would think about it.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:43 AM   #9
frank_one
Mad Scientist

How can you desire to see a second female turtles added to the IDW series? Isn't one enough?
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:48 AM   #10
sdp
Megan Fox = April

As far as the rights issues Saban owned the suits and footage of the show, then Disney owned it when Saban sold Fox Kids to them, then Saban owned it again when Disney sold all the Power Rangers Productions shows back to him and now Hasbro owns whatever is left of the suits (they were still around in 2014 from picture evidence of Power Rangers Super Mega Force) and also the actual show.

As far as the rights to the characters that's a question we have never had answered, it could be Hasbro but I believe Eastman actually created Venus and maybe a few of the other characters so perhaps it was Mirage(now Viacom) who owned anything made for TNM. I've tried asking over the years but got no response except that "some characters are in a "gray area" of who owns them or were told by viacom that they couldn't.

Since we haven't seen them by now, I think we'll never see any TNM characters ever again, especially now that Jennika exists..
Old 11-19-2020, 10:00 AM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most characters were generic enough. Bonesteel is basically any other bounty hunter we've seen, Dr. Quease was just a mad scientist which the OT had plenty of, Vam Mi is a vampire which we've had plenty of in Mirage comics, and Silver was a mutant (?) gorilla. Besides that dragons which appeared in everything since the 2k3 series
Old 11-19-2020, 10:35 AM   #12
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Most characters were generic enough. Bonesteel is basically any other bounty hunter we've seen, Dr. Quease was just a mad scientist which the OT had plenty of, Vam Mi is a vampire which we've had plenty of in Mirage comics, and Silver was a mutant (?) gorilla. Besides that dragons which appeared in everything since the 2k3 series
I disagree, the characters have potential if used correctly, they had neat quirks that makes them better than a generic mad scientist or mobster.

Bonesteel is a crazy bounty hunter, he's only ever a cool character in the Vammi 4 parter where his schizo gives him some great moments as a villain he has potential. Vammi I don't care for vampires in TMNT in genreal.

Dr. Quease isn't just any mad scientist, he was the scientist Donatello looked up to and in a way they had a relationship of respect. That's one aspect that made him interesting and different from other mad scientists including Stockman.

Silver was a mobster and a gorilla, I flippin' love him and he is easily the character I want the most since a lot can be done with him that would be fun.

Dragonlord is not that interesting but it has potential, I liked the idea of a dragon army, the good dragon was an interesting character. I think a cool story arc could be done with him.

And I'll take Venus over Jennika any day of the week, she had a cooler backstory IMO and Jennika is Venus
Old 11-19-2020, 04:49 PM   #13
Powder
So tired of this place

Wow, what timing... Michelangelo's voice actor passed away today.

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2020/...er-dies-at-47/

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 05:29 PM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puirnaut View Post
Have the abbreviated name "Object V", since turtles are growing up and now, in addition to physical and mental tests, they can be subjected to love ones.
What. I'm not opposed to her showing up elsewhere someday if done in a reasonable way that worked well that people won't hate, but lets skip that part...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 06:10 PM   #15
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

I think as far as the female turtle goes, Jennika is a replacement, and far better character than Demilo ever was.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:53 PM   #16
Allio
Foot Elite

I assume Hasbro owns those episodes as they inherited the shows Saban had, but characters belong to nick/viacom

Last edited by Allio; 11-19-2020 at 08:01 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote