The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-23-2020, 10:39 PM   #401
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

This title is soooo misleading.

I thought you wanted to know how I "hit" it. Shame, damn shame now you'll never know how I "hit" it.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:23 PM   #402
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I will be hitting 44 next week. 30 was a bit depressing, but 40? Woof. So much worse. I'm only 6 years from 50!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:54 PM   #403
nylemon

There is still a young boy in you. That's why you have a strong feeling of how time's flying.

It's the thing you once obsessed with and you still are obsessing with those things. The good times in the young age.

I didn't study when I was in school and just been wandering around playing. After I graduated from school and facing the realistic life I had the same feelings. Now I accept the truth and stop recall the good old times.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:33 AM   #404
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I will be hitting 44 next week. 30 was a bit depressing, but 40? Woof. So much worse. I'm only 6 years from 50!
Out of curiosity do you "feel" old? I hope you don't mind me asking, but 40 sounds like, "man I'm old now" to me.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:55 AM   #405
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Out of curiosity do you "feel" old? I hope you don't mind me asking, but 40 sounds like, "man I'm old now" to me.
Depends. Some days, not too much, but others.... Man oh man, YES!! Those are usually the same days when I wake up with every joint stiff and sore, or when my feet just flat HURT from being on them all day and it takes a hot bath and the vibrating massage wand hubby gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago to get them to stop. Or when I come home so tired after work that I just pass out for two or three hours just to recuperate from the day. Those are the days I really feel "old". But 20+ years of strenuous physical work on my feet for 8 or more hours a day will do that. Definitely not as young as I used to be....

Old 11-24-2020, 11:35 AM   #406
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's funny because I'm in my earlish/mid 30's now and I honestly don't feel any different than 10-15 years ago. I *think* I get more tired in the morning, but then I remember I was always like that so I don't think it is any different. I guess I am aging rather well.

It's kinda ironic, whenever I come on the internet I always forget how old I am in real life and feel like it's 2003 again.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:30 PM   #407
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Being over 40, I have a few more trips to the doctor than I used to, but overall I feel pretty well. I actually prefer being older, because of all the life experience, knowledge, maturity and connections I've gained to this point. I wouldn't like to go back and lose all of that.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:46 PM   #408
Leo656
The Franchise

Christ, you're all lucky you don't wrestle.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:25 PM   #409
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Christ, you're all lucky you don't wrestle.
I still wrestle. The hell you talkin bout? I just wrestle in the sack.

*crickets*

Or should I say charlie horses
Old 11-24-2020, 11:27 PM   #410
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Ronin View Post
I still wrestle. The hell you talkin bout? I just wrestle in the sack.

*crickets*

Or should I say charlie horses
It's that "bottle of water next to the bed age".....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 08:52 AM   #411
CyberCubed
Overlord

It weirding me out knowing I'm going to have to make a thread, "How did you cope with turning 40" in the next few years.

Dear god it feels like only yesterday I made this one. Thinking about 40 is giving me the heebie jeebies!
Old 11-25-2020, 05:21 PM   #412
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It weirding me out knowing I'm going to have to make a thread, "How did you cope with turning 40" in the next few years.

Dear god it feels like only yesterday I made this one. Thinking about 40 is giving me the heebie jeebies!
It's not so bad, it's just bones become brittle, old injuries ressurface big time, knees pop, back aches, cold air hits different, hair thins out, white hair starts to manifest faster, bending down becomes a chore, that pep in your step is lost, that dad bod gut pops out that much more.... but it's cool and not so bad hell, you don't even notice it till someone points it out to ya.
Old 12-10-2020, 02:30 PM   #413
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I can attest to MOST of the above, with the addendum of the BIG M starting to manifest. Yes, the "change of life" has begun to creep in, and it shows. Hot flashes at odd times of day or night, waking up in the middle of the night from stiff joints and/or muscles, and wonder of wonders, things are starting to sag that- didn't before. I will leave it to the imagination as to WHAT. And things that were never good to begin with just get worse. Like vision. Memory. And.... I forgot what else.....

Old 12-10-2020, 03:26 PM   #414
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Eh, I think 30s/40s is a period that separates those who start seeming a bit old before their time and those who still hang onto some amount of youth for a while, so if you're lucky, it really isn't that bad. Honestly, aside from the hair color slowly adding more white, my only real change by this point is stomach acid issues with some foods that I didn't used to have and have learned to keep a bottle of antacid around.

No sign of any of that "change of life" stuff, though given family history I prob still have another decade or so, more or less. At best that "week" has become a bit shorter with age, which I can totally deal with... and saves money.

Quote:
things are starting to sag that- didn't before. I will leave it to the imagination as to WHAT.
It's kneecaps, isn't it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 03:36 PM   #415
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Ah, if ONLY it were shorter!! Apparently, mine has decide to go out kicking and screaming, and clawing at any part it hadn't already gotten its claws into. To whit, it has actually accelerated, to the point that it is now every two weeks. Give or take a day or two. So instead of one week of hell, I get a two-fer. And even worse than it's always been before, of course.

Old 12-10-2020, 03:43 PM   #416
Leo656
The Franchise

My wife can't wait to stop taking her birth control pills. She'd have already had "the operation" if they didn't insist that she was too young for it (and we actually had money to pay for it, probably the bigger issue).

I'm kind of dreading her hitting menopause, though, just because she's already got the capacity for being a raging bitch and even though it's not ALL the time or even much of the time, I hate to imagine it being 1. Worse and 2. More frequent.

Lotta guys I know got divorced when their wives hit menopause. Not by choice, mind you. Their wives just woke up one day and decided they hated them, the entire marriage was a mistake, it'd be fun to have an affair, etc. etc. They'd never had any major problems before that, they all just got blindsided with it one day. Next thing you know it's "I want a divorce" and "No, YOU keep the damn kids, I ain't dealing with that sh*t anymore."

I feel REALLY bad for the ones who had kids. Glad I don't have any. Who knows, it might go smooth and I don't have to worry about her going through "the change" for a few more years. But it's always in the back of my mind, sure.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 08:05 AM   #417
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Every woman is different, some actually mellow out once the hormonal rollercoaster ride ends. Fun fact: it's the rise in testosterone that causes the "raging b**ch syndroome" women are so famous for during that time. So if we seem a bit unstable then, it's because we are basically acting more like men- without the johnson.

Old 12-11-2020, 09:18 AM   #418
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Ah, if ONLY it were shorter!! Apparently, mine has decide to go out kicking and screaming, and clawing at any part it hadn't already gotten its claws into. To whit, it has actually accelerated, to the point that it is now every two weeks. Give or take a day or two. So instead of one week of hell, I get a two-fer. And even worse than it's always been before, of course.
That sucks, only once has mine had a hiccup some years ago and did that... I don't envy you having that as a regular thing.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:38 AM   #419
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's times like these I'm glad I was a born a male. And am staying that way, unlike all the transgender stuff being the hot new trend these days. He/him cis het male.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:50 AM   #420
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well pretty certain that switching over wouldn't exactly give you a functioning uterus anyhow.

edit: And the only "time like these" issue was the damn hoarders grabbing up all the name brand stuff in 2020. lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-11-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Tags
cybercubed the timemaster, cybercubed thinks deep, cybercucked, same old song and dance, sjw is the new 30