The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-15-2009, 10:50 AM   #21
Warhorse
Emperor

How have the characterizations ended up since the aftermath of Fast Forward. I've lost interest in watching the cartoon since Fast Forward, and whenever the story arc concerns aliens and space travel.

How has the new series after Fast Forward arc have been doing? Is it better, or has the toon officially gone down a path it won't be able to recuperate itself from?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #22
ToTheNines
[sic]

There is none. Donny acts like a bitch for the first half of BttS, then stops.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #23
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
There is none. Donny acts like a bitch for the first half of BttS, then stops.
So it's as crappy as it ever was.

What the hell happened?The series used to be pretty good. Yeah, they went over board with Super Leo and Dorky Mike, but it had some nice story elements and some pretty sweet fighting, for a cartoon.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #24
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
What the hell happened?The series used to be pretty good. Yeah, they went over board with Super Leo and Dorky Mike, but it had some nice story elements and some pretty sweet fighting, for a cartoon.
They just tried to make it too kid freindly I guess. I liked a few episodes of BttS, but they were nothing special.

The worse thing they did was the baby episode and "Virtual Reality Check" which ripped off "Reality Check" in name and "Bad Day" in plot... and was alot more corny.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 09-03-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #25
Warhorse
Emperor

Well, I thought this is a good place as any to ask what episodes are what. Really didn't want to start another thread.

So, what is the name of the episode, number and what season where April had asked the Turtles to train her, and they start on about a story where they met Casey Jones when they were tots?

Thanks in advanced.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #26
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

The Lesson, 3.12, #64
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:04 PM   #27
Warhorse
Emperor

^Thanks! I love that episode. How come the powers that be just make a spin off of the Turtles when they were tots for the kids to watch, and sell toys, and still keep the 2k3 series going too at the same time? There was a time when they would have a whole hour devoted to the Turtles. 30 minutes for the brats, 30 minutes for the more mature fans, everyone happy.???..
Old 09-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #28
ToTheNines
[sic]

That's a really bad idea... not only would we all hate it (Even if it was well made there's not alot of stories to be told from those days), but you seem to think that kids will automatically love it just because it has kiddy turtles in it... which just aint the case.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #29
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
That's a really bad idea... not only would we all hate it (Even if it was well made there's not alot of stories to be told from those days), but you seem to think that kids will automatically love it just because it has kiddy turtles in it... which just aint the case.
Who is we? I seem to recall alot of members on this board who love the Turtle tots, including me! And it would be just for a season or two. And how could the kids not like the junior versions? Kids seemed to like Tiny Toons, Duck Tales, The Chipmunks, why would they not like Adventures of the Turtle Tots?

Last edited by Warhorse; 09-03-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #30
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Thank God you're not one of the "powers that be".
Old 09-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #31
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Quote:
Who is we? I seem to recall alot of members on this board who love the Turtle tots, including me! And it would be just for a season or two. And how could the kids not like the junior versions? Kids seemed to like Tiny Toons, Duck Tales, The Chipmunks, why would they not like Adventures of the Turtle Tots?
I think the amount of people who didn't like that out weigh the people who did. And those who did like it probably enjoyed it for the kitsch-factor, in the moment, not wanting an entire ****ing series based around them.

People are fans of the TEENAGE mutant ninja turtles, not Toddler Mutant Bull ****.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #32
Warhorse
Emperor

Actually, this is the first I read of anyone disliking the Turtle Tykes in the 2k3 show. Everything else I read in the past, people liked them, alot! Kind of like how people like it when there are episodes that feature the Turtles without their masks. Again, I see no problem what so ever if they were to have 30 minutes of the 2k3 style show, and then 30 minutes of the Turtle Tykes to appeal to the little kids. Or maybe make them into the mini toons they had for a while. If you don't like the idea, then don't watch it. I don't like the Turtles without pupils in the 2k3 show, but I got over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
People are fans of the TEENAGE mutant ninja turtles, not Toddler Mutant Bull ****.
Funny you say that, there are tons of fans of the comics, and the Turtles aren't teenagers anymore. I believe people are fan of the Turtles period. They could care less if they are tykes, teenagers, or well in their thirties and forties. They care about the personalities and the family dynamic and the cool Ninjitsu fighting action. Never heard people becoming fans because the Turtles were teenagers.

With that crap aside, what episode had Raph being eaten by a cockroach, if nobody don't mind me asking.

Last edited by Warhorse; 09-03-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #33
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Who is we? I seem to recall alot of members on this board who love the Turtle tots, including me!
Ok, we'll pretend that's true for a day... there still isn't enough they could to with that point in the timeline.

Quote:
And how could the kids not like the junior versions? Kids seemed to like Tiny Toons, Duck Tales, The Chipmunks, why would they not like Adventures of the Turtle Tots?
Kids today don't really like the turtles anymore... hence cancellation.

And those shows were just plain good, their success had nothing to do with the age of the characters.

Quote:
Kind of like how people like it when there are episodes that feature the Turtles without their masks.
That's more like a creepy fetish.

Quote:
If you don't like the idea, then don't watch it. I don't like the Turtles without pupils in the 2k3 show, but I got over it.
You're damn right I'm not gonna watch it, because it's never gonna be produced!

Quote:
Funny you say that, there are tons of fans of the comics, and the Turtles aren't teenagers anymore.
If volume 4 had "a ton of fans", then it would still be produced like a normal book and NOT just for order from Mirage. And I'm pretty sure we're talking about cartoons anyways.

Quote:
I believe people are fan of the Turtles period. They could care less if they are tykes, teenagers, or well in their thirties and forties. They care about the personalities and the family dynamic and the cool Ninjitsu fighting action. Never heard people becoming fans because the Turtles were teenagers.
You're missing the point that doing prequels normally creates stupid plot holes. If you watch the first episode you can tell that they really haven't had that many adventures. So I guess you just want to watch them sit in the lair and make poop jokes for a 20 minutes and then train for the remainder.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 09-04-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #34
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Time Travails, 3.17, #69
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
Old 09-05-2009, 08:42 AM   #35
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
So I guess you just want to watch them sit in the lair and make poop jokes for a 20 minutes and then train for the remainder.
I was thinking along the lines of episodes like Tales of Leo (which is a favorite among the fans) and The Lesson, where they are reminiscing their early years.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #36
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I seem to recall alot of members on this board who love the Turtle tots, including me!
This is what "Turtle Tots" makes me think of:

All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #37
gzilla46
Thug

In this series, a lot of characters got in a sick episode at least once.

Leo got beat up by Shredder and was on the brink of death.

Donny turned into a monster.

Raph didn't really get a sick episode for some reason.

Mikey got infected by the Sho'konabo Gene Seed.

April also turned into a monster.

Stockman was decaying after he got his body back (why that happened I don't know)

So, why is Raph always the odd one out on this matter.

The only two that didn't other than Raph was Shredder (for a good reason) and Karai.
gzilla46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #38
ToTheNines
[sic]

Raph fell ill for a little while when he got stun by that giant wasp in "April's Artifact".
Old 12-13-2012, 05:40 AM   #39
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Also, Karai got slashed in the midsection in New World Order, and Shredder got blown up then later frozen and had to be regenerated, and the other Shredder of course had to be resurrected.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #40
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
Did "Ultimate Ninja" air before or after "Reflection"?

In the DVD, "Ultimate Ninja" comes AFTER "Reflection".

And one of my professors today forbad us from using Wikipedia as a reference.
I was in Memphis when these episodes aired, and "Ultimate Ninja" definitely aired before "Reflections" even though it wasn't supposed to. My brother and I would record the episodes on VHS, and have the tapes still to prove it.