The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-13-2016, 09:29 AM   #1701
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

Location: All is strange and vague. Are we dead? Or is this Ohio?
My afternoon class was cancelled for some event going happening on campus.

I think that's the first time this has happened this semester.

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:29 PM   #1702
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The parking ticket I got two days ago got dismissed today.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:15 PM   #1703
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Not skipping my workout.

Spoiler:
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:19 PM   #1704
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Knowing that only a month into my new job as a Technical Writer at work, I've already surpassed the people training me...
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:30 PM   #1705
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
Knowing that only a month into my new job as a Technical Writer at work, I've already surpassed the people training me...
Congrats! (I hope that's good)

Happy to be starting a fitness regimen beginning tomorrow. Need to get into better shape since moving during 2015.
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:50 PM   #1706
Storm Eagle
Saved by

When I was driving earlier today and stopped at a stop sign, the person behind me got impatient and just passed me at my right as I was still stopped. Soon after I got going again, I saw cop car appear from out of nowhere in the rear view mirror with its lights flashing, and started hoping it wasn't after me. Instead, they pulled over the person who passed me when I stopped at the stop sign. Those of you who drive might see people acting a fool on the road all the time. So I just couldn't help but take pleasure in seeing someone get what they had coming.

So far, I've got 8 likes for this on my Facebook.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:15 PM   #1707
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

*like* So nice when the cop happens to be in the right place at the right time for once.

Had one nab a far-too-close tailgater a number of years ago. Woman came over into the lane right behind me, dangerously close in moderately fast moving traffic on a hectic stretch of road, and just as I was about to start yelling at this witch in my mirror a cop was suddenly there and pulled her over. I wanted so much to stop and thank him/her.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #1708
Mew
Banned

It's almost Summer. School is out soon!
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:34 AM   #1709
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
*like* So nice when the cop happens to be in the right place at the right time for once.

Had one nab a far-too-close tailgater a number of years ago. Woman came over into the lane right behind me, dangerously close in moderately fast moving traffic on a hectic stretch of road, and just as I was about to start yelling at this witch in my mirror a cop was suddenly there and pulled her over. I wanted so much to stop and thank him/her.
Now I have nine likes. I don't see myself getting anymore likes for it, so I'll just count yours as an honorary 10th like.

What I mentioned was actually the second time it happened to me at that particular location. That person was never caught though. There was also an incident years back where I saw someone do something stupid. I don't remember just what happened, but there was a cop car in sight, and I saw it go right after that person.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:33 PM   #1710
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

I'm back in Ft. Worth for my week off from school, and I got my haircut. Decided to test out an undercut and copper red dye. The color will take some getting used to, but it still looks really nice!

To my DeviantArt
Old 05-04-2016, 12:51 PM   #1711
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

Reading #57 finally...and my mom's cat has been sitting on my lap for about ten minutes now. At the start, she even purred loudly. She usually doesn't do that, but she's also 14 and in declining health. But she's going the opposite direction of the cat who died last Christmas; she's becoming more social instead of hiding away. Probably because we raised her from a tiny kitten.

There also aren't people in the house at this time normally.

To my DeviantArt
Old 05-04-2016, 01:19 PM   #1712
Mew
Banned

Got the new TMNT cereal today!
Old 05-06-2016, 02:44 PM   #1713
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

They have a new cereal?? Sometimes I take a look at the cereal aisle, hoping they'll eventually get one again (since everything else gets one it seems), but haven't seen anything nor heard of it.

Gear greaser.... just silly stuff really. While at the craft store I saw 2-piece packs of googly eyes that were the size of my outstretched hand which gave me a chuckle.

The package image suggested sticking them on things like your garbage can, kid's rideable toy cars, etc. This should just become a thing, put eyes on lots of stuff, the world will be a happier place.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:22 PM   #1714
Mew
Banned

Quote:
They have a new cereal?? Sometimes I take a look at the cereal aisle, hoping they'll eventually get one again (since everything else gets one it seems), but haven't seen anything nor heard of it.

Gear greaser.... just silly stuff really. While at the craft store I saw 2-piece packs of googly eyes that were the size of my outstretched hand which gave me a chuckle.

The package image suggested sticking them on things like your garbage can, kid's rideable toy cars, etc. This should just become a thing, put eyes on lots of stuff, the world will be a happier place.

Tastes like Trix.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:18 PM   #1715
DarkFell
Mad Scientist

Quote:
This should just become a thing, put eyes on lots of stuff, the world will be a happier place.
They tried that on a couple of monsters in a few episodes of Power Rangers..
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It remains a mystery if either monster was in their happy place for having all of those eyes..
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #1716
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

Spent most of my day with one of my neighbors, whose son was one of my friends growing up. I even brought lunch over. It was really nice catching up with her. And the dog. He's a good dog.

To my DeviantArt
Old 05-06-2016, 06:10 PM   #1717
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Okay, those cereal pieces are kind of disturbing looking. lol But cool if they are finally back on a cereal box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
They tried that on a couple of monsters in a few episodes of Power Rangers..

It remains a mystery if either monster was in their happy place for having all of those eyes..
Ew. Gah, not like that.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:19 PM   #1718
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Coming from the mall, at a light just outside of it, I was sitting in a little traffic for the light suddenly asking myself why above the rooves of the cars ahead of me I could see the upside down back end of a car. Got up there and a blue car was upside down to the side of the intersection. Clearly it must have just happened as no police, etc where there.

The happy maker in all that being having seen the many people who had stopped on the side of the road and ran to help. In an area like this when they'd normally more than likely try to run you off the road instead (as I guess that driver found out - unless he/she were the one who messed up). A little faith in humanity restored.

Feel a little bad not stopping, too, as I'm sure all do who did not, but there were plenty there and not much I could have done other than stand there and keep out of way.

Bonus happy maker... a couple min later I ended up having to stop in the fork between the road headed toward I-95 and the direction I needed to go. Still not quite used to how they changed the roads and lanes around there and this time forgot to get over into the center lane. So I'm sitting there, and having missed the one opportunity I'd probably had while there was still room but a truck wasn't about to back off a moment and let me in before a lot of traffic showed up... so I'm sitting there a min and surprisingly this one car slowed down, slowing everyone behind them, to let me in. Surprised me, I figured I'd be waiting until god knows how many cars finally got passed. My god, someone with a heart. Like I said, most would rather just run you off the road, and forget being allowed to get into a lane.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:46 PM   #1719
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

While technically yesterday, it's still worth sharing.

I got to have dinner with my brother and his fiancée and we had a grand ol' time. We ended up laughing at things, gaining an audience from a very quiet toddler who apparently was wanting our attention. Our server asked if we "did memes"...and indeed, that was what we were laughing at. Mostly "dat boi".

A bit after we got him, my brother's fiancée asked me to be one of her bridesmaids. I am #7. Then I offered to design their wedding invitations. It was a good day.

Today, I did get a visit from the outdoor cat that comes around from time to time. He almost got into our house.
The mood was brought down when I noticed he had a long patch of ringworm on his neck...so that should go in gear grind.

To my DeviantArt
Old 05-16-2016, 03:42 PM   #1720
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.

How the heck did I forget to mention this on Wednesday (right, Internet has been bad lately). Anyways, recorded the school's concert and also I'm now an uncle!

Only sucks because my sister told me today yet when she had it, she didn't bother telling me after recovering for a day. Yeah, post it on social media but not your own flesh and blood. I'm a little sour on it, but it is what it is. Otherwise, grades are slightly improving with English Honors and I plan on transferring into it next year, not going to let my teachers or troubles this school year keep me down.
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote