The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-21-2021, 01:50 AM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Kevin Feige Teases Top Secret MCU Project with Scarlett Johansson

During last night’s annual American Cinematheque event where Oscar nominee Scarlett Johansson became its 35th awardee, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige was one of the many people who paid tribute to Johansson. In his speech, while praising Johansson’s contributions to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, he confirmed that they’re currently working together on a “top-secret Marvel Studios project,” with the Natasha Romanoff actress as its producer. He also went on to tease that it will be a non-Black Widow-related project.

“Scarlett has lent her talent and star power to the Marvel Cinematic Universe for over a decade,” Feige said. “That she’s chosen to play a key part in it for so many years, I am extremely grateful for. Working with [her] has truly been one of the most memorable and rewarding collaborations of my career.”

The said untitled secret MCU project is the second confirmed collaboration that Johansson’s currently working with Disney, following their public legal dispute over Black Widow‘s Disney+ distribution which finally ended over a month ago. After their settlement, both parties previously expressed their plans of continuing their long-time creative partnership.

In a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Johansson has opened up about the lawsuit, describing it as a “very surreal,” and “uncertain, stressful,” moment for her as it also coincided with the life-changing birth of her son. Despite this, she revealed that she’s glad her not-so-easy decision led to a positive response within the industry as she gained support from many people who praised her for standing up to a big company like Disney.

“It was a very surreal time because, of course, the film had come out and was hugely successful and that was a big celebration. I had a baby and that was obviously a life-changing, amazing, celebratory thing,” explained Johansson, who also has a 7-year-old daughter. “In a way, that sort of buoyed me through the very uncertain, stressful time. I feel mostly very fortunate that nobody will have to go through what I went through and that it’s made, I think, a positive impact in the industry and hopefully for artists and creatives’ lives and livelihood.”

Johansson most recently starred in her last MCU movie as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow. She will next be seen in a number of high-profile projects including her first Wes Anderson film titled Asteroid City; Disney’s live-action film adaptation of Tower of Terror; and in Apple Studios’ romantic action-adventure film Ghosted, which reunites her with long-time collaborator Chris Evans.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...lett-johansson

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 01:51 AM   #2
The Deadman
Foot Elite

So much for Scarlett never working with Disney again after the Black Widow debacle

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 02:05 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Let me guess, Natasha comes back thanks to some loophole like time travel or cloning?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 02:43 PM   #4
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

More likely she’ll executive produce/direct some project with a female lead
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 03:03 PM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
More likely she’ll executive produce/direct some project with a female lead
Maybe something with Yelena, Like a new Black Widow maybe?
Old 11-21-2021, 03:24 PM   #6
Sumac
Banned

LOL.
Guess, Disney poured enough money on her head to cool her down.
Well, as long as product is good everything is fine.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 03:59 PM   #7
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
So much for Scarlett never working with Disney again after the Black Widow debacle
Right?

Now that I think about it, it's almost a foregone conclusion that they'd push her into the "everything's great and okay!" forefront after her win to save face in response to their loss.

Had she lost the lawsuit, the positioning may have been very different.

My guess is that they let her direct a "woman power" movie of some kind which actually capitalizes off of her "stunning and brave stand against a corporation" narrative.

None of that matters anyway. What it boils down to for most reasonable people is that if it's quality and not forced agenda, then there will be support and if whatever she does is woke $#!( then walk from it. It's simple.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote