The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-26-2017, 07:07 PM   #41
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
It is also worth noting that Splinters first reaction upon seeing Super Shredder was to respond with concern and offer to help him end his mutation, to which Shredder refused and attacked him.

I think the final nail in the coffin was in Requiem when Shredder's evil had taken him so far that he ordered Stockman to inject him with more mutagen that would ultimately destroy all emotional reaction within. That way, he had given up his soul for good and essentially was nothing but a mindless killing machine.

In his final confrontation with Leonardo, the Shredder seemed to hesitate when Leonardo asked him whether his destiny was to be a monster but then immediately started attacking again impulsively. It's as if his soul deep down was trapped and suffering in hell, unable to affect his body and regretful, but it was far too late to change as his body had become what his spirit was throughout the series, the embodiment of evil.
And that is what drove him to take Kavaxas back into hell with him with the final words of "You and I don't belong in this world, Demon!"

I've mentioned this before, but in the Buddist views of the afterlife, you go through many long and unpleasant trials on your journey through the underworld. On this journey, you also face judgment at the hands of four judges before you face the lord of the underworld, Enma Dioh (King Yama for DBZ fans).

When you face King Enma he weighs the reports of the other four judges to determine where you will ultimately be placed and then shows you a full-length mirror that reflects your life back at you, and clearly defines all your crimes and transgressions. So Shredder would be forced to look at his life and realize that he was the author of his own missery.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:23 AM   #42
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Well, King Yama if you prefer his Indian Sanskrit name over his Japanese name. But, yeah, you're right.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:25 AM   #43
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Super Shredder

I guess a mutant Super Shredder was an easier way of allowing the turtles to kill Shredder off without complainings.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:16 AM   #44
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
As someone who actually hasn't watched it, I do think mutating Shredder undermines his threat as a character. Seeing the Turtles outmatched by a well-trained human is more satisfying for me than seeing them outmatched by a massive mutant.

But I'm open to changing my mind whenever I get around to watching it someday.
This.

Also why would he risk his life anyway.....what if something went wrong during mutation , I mean he's no dummy and should know it's too risky.

Sorry but I thought you guys were talking about TMNT II , my bad. I had no idea he was Super Shredder on Nick toon
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:42 AM   #45
Overlord

At least I wasn't surprised once Super Shredder showed up.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:56 AM   #46
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
This.

Also why would he risk his life anyway.....what if something went wrong during mutation , I mean he's no dummy and should know it's too risky.

Sorry but I thought you guys were talking about TMNT II , my bad. I had no idea he was Super Shredder on Nick toon
He was warned numerous times that the mutagen was dangerous and unstable. Even when he was finalizing his mutation he was warned that injecting himself in mass would be dangerous. But he was to blinded by his anger and his desires for revenge that he refused to listen to reason.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #47
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
He was warned numerous times that the mutagen was dangerous and unstable. Even when he was finalizing his mutation he was warned that injecting himself in mass would be dangerous. But he was to blinded by his anger and his desires for revenge that he refused to listen to reason.
And that's what became his death. Of course, it was meant to be that. His own obsession with destroying the turtles led to himself being destroyed by them.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:21 AM   #48
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

i took as many mutagen as i could so i can become the strongest monster of the universe! I wanted to become strongert han all mutants and aliens combined and i did that! Now iam still preparing demons attack on earth with Kavaxas!!!
Old 05-31-2017, 10:59 AM   #49
Overlord

At least not unnecessary for toy companies...
Old 05-31-2017, 11:08 AM   #50
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
At least not unnecessary for toy companies...
Hah! Yeah, I would not be shocked if this was a last minute change demanded by Playmates.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:25 AM   #51
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Hah! Yeah, I would not be shocked if this was a last minute change demanded by Playmates.
Also, Super Shredder is part of the original TMNT nostalgia (second live-action film, original videogames) so I guess he's most popular among older toy collectors.