The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-09-2020, 10:11 PM   #261
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Maybe partly that. I'd still want the focus of the third to be primarily about Babs overcoming her newfound disability to cement the fact that she's an important part of the DCU whether or not she can walk. I'd want her to still be the primary star - the trilogy as I see it would be more about Babs as a person rather than "Batgirl" being the focus - but I think it could also simultaneously set up the next Batgirl movie organically, if handled right.

Like, maybe along the way, Babs gets in a situation where she needs someone to do her "legwork", so to speak, and through happenstance encounters the Cassie/Stephanie character, and they partner up for the remainder of the movie. Like Oracle does the intel and does the planning the other one actually executes the "mission" stuff. Stuff happens, blabbity-blah, and then in the final scene Babs gifts her the Batgirl costume and says something like, "Now the real training begins", roll credits. So you've done three good Barbara Gordon movies and wrapped up by setting up the next three Batgirl movies with a new protagonist, while ostensibly keeping Babs around in a supporting role.

That's one way to do it. I wouldn't mind using the third movie as a way to set up the next Batgirl, but I would still want 90% of the focus to be on her. I wouldn't want it to feel at all like "Exit, Stage Left" or anything. The whole point should be to establish that she's still really important whether she's Batgirl or not, can walk or not, and that she's not going anywhere or being "replaced" because now she's "broken". But in theory it could hit everything it needed to, including setting up the next series, it would just take a really tight script and a very careful hand.
We think 100% alike in this case. And after the Babs trilogy, "Oracle/Batgirl and the Birds of Prey", showing Oracle as a team leader, uniting Black Canary, Huntress, Cassandra Cain and/or Stephanie Brown, and... oh, I dunno, Vixen or that chick who looked like Black Canary but was the pilot with a pilot's cap. Blanking on her name at the moment.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:15 PM   #262
Leo656
The Franchise

Lady Blackhawk, you Philistine.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:28 AM   #263
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
once she became Oracle I wouldn't go back on her being paralyzed. It really bothered me how the comics did that, but that's a whole other story.
Yeah, at the end of the Oracle movie you should just use the ending of Nightwing/Oracle Convergence, that's the end of Dick and Babs' story
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:58 AM   #264
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Lady Blackhawk, you Philistine.
That's her! I dunno, she never seemed to do a whole hell of a lot in the Simone Birds of Prey run. Fly the aircraft, look cute in a cap, that was it.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:19 AM   #265
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Being on another forum just watching people actually excited for this movie saying it looks amazing makes my eyes roll.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:03 AM   #266
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Being on another forum just watching people actually excited for this movie saying it looks amazing makes my eyes roll.
I wouldn't be surprised if many of them are paid shills and PLANTS.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-11-2020 at 03:22 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:07 AM   #267
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Film's running length is 108 minutes, making it the shortest of the current batch of DC movies

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a3...movie-runtime/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 12:27 PM   #268
Leo656
The Franchise

Way too many characters and things to juggle within that length of time.

Jeebus. I'm betting that this thing is gonna be like Powerpuff Girls. Just wall-to-wall "zany" with no room to breathe. Blech.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:10 PM   #269
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

After BvS (and suicide squad, justice league... rewatching MoS) I could use another fun flick as a cleanser, so I don't mind a wall-to-wall zany movie.

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 01-11-2020 at 01:18 PM.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:09 AM   #270
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Why all the crying over this stupid film? Harley, Black Canary, and Huntress?

F list characters, who gives a ****? It was never going to be a film for men.
Won't be much of a movie for most women as well, who tend to be drawn to either a strong male hero we can google at (like Thor, Steve Rogers, even Han Solo or young Obi Wan Kenobi) or some kind of romance or forbidden love thing that can be intriguing (one of the major draws of Twilight and Hunger Games)
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:10 AM   #271
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Won't be much of a movie for most women as well, who tend to be drawn to either a strong male hero we can google at (like Thor, Steve Rogers, even Han Solo or young Obi Wan Kenobi) or some kind of romance or forbidden love thing that can be intriguing (one of the major draws of Twilight and Hunger Games)
Indeed. It's a movie produced by delusional committee, who will pat itself on the back for "bringing diversity" and "strong female characters" as if they were the first ones to do so (or the best). Like, I think, some people insisted that Captain Marvel was a "milestone for the female superheroes movie". And when it's fail (if it is fail) the will blame "evil white men", who somehow didn't allow women to enjoy this "masterpiece".

This dance was done so much, that I can't even fathom, why anyone in Hollywood still waste money on this ****. Unless some people really believe this crap or launder money via moviemaking.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:04 PM   #272
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Indeed. It's a movie produced by delusional committee, who will pat itself on the back for "bringing diversity" and "strong female characters" as if they were the first ones to do so (or the best). Like, I think, some people insisted that Captain Marvel was a "milestone for the female superheroes movie". And when it's fail (if it is fail) the will blame "evil white men", who somehow didn't allow women to enjoy this "masterpiece".

This dance was done so much, that I can't even fathom, why anyone in Hollywood still waste money on this ****. Unless some people really believe this crap or launder money via moviemaking.
First, I do have a family member who is all for this stuff. She also seems to not be able to come to a decision on her own without first flying to her phone and checking in with a group of people. It's like she is conforming her very existence to fit in with this small niche of people, and it has me flabberghasted.

And second, I definitely think there is some money laundering going on. I was dragged to see Captain Marvel by the same family member from above, and when picking out seats from Fandango, it was irksome to see the best seats were taken. Finally got to the theater and was a bit ticked to see all of those taken seats were empty. Just before the movie started, I checked back to Fandango to see if the seats were still purchased, and they were. All the center seats, but in the end, only 6 people were inside the whole theater for the entire duration of the film. Shortly after this, I started seeing reports going up about the same thing all over the country.

I do think the numbers for Captain Marvel were faked. I went to Black Panther 3 times in the theater, and that movie was legitimately packed and had quite the buzz, but I saw or felt nothing like that for Captain Marvel.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:45 PM   #273
CyberCubed
Overlord

The sales tickets and rotten scores are not influenced by Disney. Star Wars Rise of the Skywalker currently has a 53% as of this moment on rotten by critics, if you thought Disney wanted their last big Star Wars movie with an awful 53% score, even lower than Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones have there, then of course we are all wrong.

And I thought the Solo movie only having a 71% on rotten was as low as a Star Wars movie under Disney would score, boy were we all wrong.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:43 AM   #274
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
First, I do have a family member who is all for this stuff. She also seems to not be able to come to a decision on her own without first flying to her phone and checking in with a group of people. It's like she is conforming her very existence to fit in with this small niche of people, and it has me flabberghasted.

And second, I definitely think there is some money laundering going on. I was dragged to see Captain Marvel by the same family member from above, and when picking out seats from Fandango, it was irksome to see the best seats were taken. Finally got to the theater and was a bit ticked to see all of those taken seats were empty. Just before the movie started, I checked back to Fandango to see if the seats were still purchased, and they were. All the center seats, but in the end, only 6 people were inside the whole theater for the entire duration of the film. Shortly after this, I started seeing reports going up about the same thing all over the country.

I do think the numbers for Captain Marvel were faked. I went to Black Panther 3 times in the theater, and that movie was legitimately packed and had quite the buzz, but I saw or felt nothing like that for Captain Marvel.
They are rumors about Disney mass-buying tickets to their own movies, to inflate numbers. Maybe those are not rumors.

Sad to hear about your relative. Such "conforming" existence is just a cut above of being a vegetable.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:35 PM   #275
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

BIRDS OF PREY Cast Cover Glamour Magazine; Discuss Not Having To Worry About The "Male Gaze"

While speaking to Glamour Magazine, Robbie, Rosie Perez, Jurnee Smollett-Bell, and Mary Elizabeth Winstead were all in agreement that coming to work on a movie with a female director, writer and producer was a most welcome change.

“The female gaze just happened inherently because there were mainly women making the decisions,” Robbie says. “We were all just picking what we thought was cool.”

You're not scrutinized with, ‘How can she look hotter?’ Which is an experience I've definitely had in the past,” adds Winstead. “It's not like, ‘Let's just put her in that because her ass is great,’ which I know we've all experienced,” Perez weighs in.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/birds...e-gaze-a172734

****ing Men am I right
Old 01-15-2020, 08:45 PM   #276
TommyT
Banned

Seems the investors learned nothing from Charlie’s Angels.

There are, of course, female, hardcore feminist, comic fans, ones who are sick of men. It’s a marginalized subset of a marginalized group of a portion of the population, but still...
They didn’t support the C.A. reboot, will they come out for this?

I don’t think anybody looked at the last Suicide squad film, and immediately thought the problem was toxic masculinity.

Hopefully they’ll make a film for the half black half Latino transgender army vets with Lyme disease and put mayo on their fries.

Multi million dollar films, should be built around very specific demos. It’s just good business.

Last edited by TommyT; 01-15-2020 at 08:52 PM.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:47 AM   #277
Sumac
Banned

It's like those actresses didn't get where they got due to their looks, besides acting talent. But continue to blame men...
Old 01-19-2020, 05:55 PM   #278
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

BOP writer Gail Simone wants to write a Spinoff movie for fake black canary.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/01/19/...smollett-bell/
Old 01-19-2020, 06:58 PM   #279
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
It's like those actresses didn't get where they got due to their looks, besides acting talent. But continue to blame men...
Margot Robbie look great in Booty Shorts as Harley Quinn in the first movie lol. The trailer got my attention. But yeah I am part to blame for Suicided Squad getting a sequel, sort of lol. They knew they had a bad movie, and they used booty shorts and Will Smith to sale the film lol.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:37 AM   #280
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
BOP writer Gail Simone wants to write a Spinoff movie for fake black canary.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/01/19/...smollett-bell/
Will they make a spin-off for a ChubBatgirl?

Tags
#notmyblackcanary, fight the patriarchy, harley cinematic universe, less pc, more dc.