The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-14-2017, 05:51 AM   #1
LuckyLadybug
Thug

OT Blind bag keychain figures

So the last several weeks on eBay I've seen keychain figures for the 87 series popping up in search results. Does anyone have them? What are they like? How big are they? Are they durable? I saw one listing say they're made of foam, which made me go "..." They're not really my thing, and yet one little part of me has been idly considering getting the Baxter one to hang from my bag, even though it's a fly Baxter and not a human one. But I wouldn't want to bother if they're really flimsy.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:09 AM   #2
tmntman
Mad Scientist

I'm guessing you are referring to this keychain.

If so, it appears to be part of a second series of keychain figures from Monogram. (Here's the first series.) They are labeled as being foam keychains. But they are a very dense foam. So they feel more like rubber. I have not seen these in stores yet. But the first series was available in a lot of stores, including Toys R Us. I would guess that the second series will show up more widely as well given time. And given there was 2 years between series, I doubt you will be lacking for opportunities to find them. Though it is worth noting that they are generally sold as blind bags and are actually packaged such that you can't readily tell what is in any given bag. So if you only want Baxter, you may be better off buying him on eBay.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:10 AM   #3
lilmotto
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLadybug View Post
So the last several weeks on eBay I've seen keychain figures for the 87 series popping up in search results. Does anyone have them? What are they like? How big are they? Are they durable? I saw one listing say they're made of foam, which made me go "..." They're not really my thing, and yet one little part of me has been idly considering getting the Baxter one to hang from my bag, even though it's a fly Baxter and not a human one. But I wouldn't want to bother if they're really flimsy.
They are about the size of a Flashdrive. They are fairly durable except for little parts. Like donatello has some bo staff that sticks out of his hands. That will fall off easily (i know from my kids playing with it). That was the first wave donnie. wave 2 might be a different story. They feel like erasers. They are pretty solid and durable though.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:28 AM   #4
Coro
Mad Scientist

I have a bunch of these from series 1 that just sit. I can sell you a bunch for a decent deal. Just let me know what you want for series 1. I am out of a few, but you can check my eBay page for exact inventory.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:10 AM   #5
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

These are really neat!

*frantically searches UK eBay...*

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:35 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

I have the Mouser. Going by that one, they're of a pretty nice quality. I'd worry about getting dirt scuffed on them if it's on your person throughout the day, though. Mine's hanging on a ceiling fan pull-chain, safe & sound.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 05:37 PM   #7
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I was mildly addicted to these for a while. I cut the heads off all my turtles and carefully hollowed out the heads and bodies, filled the heads with hot glue and stuffed a generic USB flash drive into them so they are my four flash drives for turtles stuff now. The body is the housing and they hang over my computer desk on thumbtacks. The look like regular key chains and then BAM! Hidden flash drive inside.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:33 PM   #8
LuckyLadybug
Thug

Thanks for all the info, guys! And thanks for the offer, Coro. I'm not really crazy about their art style, so I was just mildly thinking of the Baxter one to support 87 Baxter merchandise. But I don't know if I'd really get it since I prefer human Baxter merchandise. I just wanted to learn more about the keychains in case I decided I wanted it.

Powder: Yeah, I wondered myself if they'd easily get scuffed up. I don't tend to frequent places where dirt is prevalent, but I imagine they can magically get dirty anyway. LOL. Then again, I've had Knuckles and Shadow keychains for years and the white parts are still white.

That's a very creative way to use them, Drag0nfeathers! Cool!