The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-14-2017, 08:55 AM   #21
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Best part of this issue
Spoiler:
Karia getting thrown against the wall and Koyo and Bludgeon just looking ackwardly
i really like how the subtle bits of comedy were handled in that entire scene.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:20 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well this is comics, in real life there's no way even the most well trained human female could stand up to some huge hulking beast/animal with claws and fangs. It'd be like getting hit by a huge bear in real life, one good swing of it's arm at you would get you nearly killed.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:33 PM   #23
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well this is comics, in real life there's no way even the most well trained human female could stand up to some huge hulking beast/animal with claws and fangs. It'd be like getting hit by a huge bear in real life, one good swing of it's arm at you would get you nearly killed.
Willing suspension of disbelief.

She's got a few cracked ribs and a ton of bruises, but if the actual claws didn't cut into her, I can explain it away in my head as a lot of painful blunt force trauma. Not necessarily pulped or cut to ribbons.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:36 PM   #24
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
she died and came back to life as one of the zombies, like the ones they were running from in the cave earlier.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:07 AM   #25
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

I'm always up for a "Trials in the dungeon in pursuit of an ancient artifact" quest story.

They managed to have Koya lash out at the zombies in a way that didn't seem stupid. Koya resisted at first, then lost her cool for just a moment, immediately regretting it. It's believable. Plus, we had a nice moment with her and Zen Bludgeon, and we also got to see how protective Karai can be of those under. Interesting considering Koya and Bludgeon were originally her father's creations, as opposed to Bebop and Rocksteady, who were usually in her service.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:58 PM   #26
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
You have never had to fight for your life then. You would be surprised what your body endure and how far your mind can push you body
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:29 PM   #27
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Here's my full summary and review of TMNT Universe #14 at TMNT Entity.

Belated, but my shop has been under-ordering TMNT Universe due to the price point and it not selling very well. Somehow they didn't get my copy so I had to wait until they could get one from a neighboring location. Bah.

Anyway, Koya just keeps on screwing up and I'm kinda loving that part of her characterization. She's not a bumbling stooge like Bebop and Rocksteady or anything, because her screw-ups stem not from stupidity but from an important part of her characterization and development that the reader has been made to understand and sympathize with. It's a rare case where you have a "screw up character" but implemented in a way where they aren't annoying.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:45 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Belated, but my shop has been under-ordering TMNT Universe due to the price point and it not selling very well. .
Seems to me that's happening everywhere.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:10 PM   #29
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Belated, but my shop has been under-ordering TMNT Universe due to the price point and it not selling very well. Somehow they didn't get my copy so I had to wait until they could get one from a neighboring location. Bah.
Quote:
i've been pretty lucky so far. my shop has always gotten my 'pull-list' copy as well as a few extras to stock the shelf.

Quote:
Anyway, Koya just keeps on screwing up and I'm kinda loving that part of her characterization. She's not a bumbling stooge like Bebop and Rocksteady or anything, because her screw-ups stem not from stupidity but from an important part of her characterization and development that the reader has been made to understand and sympathize with. It's a rare case where you have a "screw up character" but implemented in a way where they aren't annoying.
yeah. she definitely is very quirky, and a bit of a hot head! they've done a real good job at showing Koya's insecurities. i really loved seeing her taunted by the ghoulish Leo Apparition!
Old 09-19-2017, 10:17 PM   #30
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, it has.
My usual comic shop never bothered to order ANY copies of Dimension X, the Usagi crossover, that Funko special, or the FCBD issue.
I was forced to get those at a farther away location.
It's so irritating!
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:28 PM   #31
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Oh, it has.
My usual comic shop never bothered to order ANY copies of Dimension X, the Usagi crossover, that Funko special, or the FCBD issue.
I was forced to get those at a farther away location.
It's so irritating!
did you have them add the titles to your pull-list?

that'd be pretty crummy of them not ordering you a copy.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:42 PM   #32
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
did you have them add the titles to your pull-list?

that'd be pretty crummy of them not ordering you a copy.
I tried to get them to. And they said they would.
But in the end, nothing.

It is pretty crummy of them to do that. If there was another shop in the general area I'd switch to it, but the only other one (the one I had to get the missing issues from) is too far away for my tastes.

For now I'll stick to the same one and I'll have to remind them months beforehand to order any of the issues that aren't the main ongoing or Universe.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:22 PM   #33
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
But in the end, nothing.

It is pretty crummy of them to do that. If there was another shop in the general area I'd switch to it, but the only other one (the one I had to get the missing issues from) is too far away for my tastes.

For now I'll stick to the same one and I'll have to remind them months beforehand to order any of the issues that aren't the main ongoing or Universe.
i'm really sorry to hear that. the last place i used to buy from would do that to me all the time.
when i'd bring it up to them that comics were coming out that i asked them in advance to add to my pull-list, they'd play dumb and act like i never mentioned it.
that place eventually went out of business. at least the new store i buy at gets all my pull-list books.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:58 AM   #34
Mayhem
Foot Elite

This is why I've stuck by a place that while not local, has my pull list nailed down and never, ever misses getting in a particular comic for me, within the realms of their ordering budget (so usually not the 1:25s but definitely the 1:10s for example on top of the regular versions).
Old 09-20-2017, 09:54 AM   #35
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
But in the end, nothing.

My old comic shop was awful at getting the comics I wanted too. But the various issues with poor distribution system for newsstand comics, including poorly run comic shops, is not exactly news.