The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-03-2023, 02:20 AM   #1
Dpooly84
Banned

I'm a violent ex- con ama...

So I'm thinking allot of posters here don't have very many interactions with the other side of the tracks. I am he, and he is me. I was born to 13 year old parents and raised by my mother no grand parents evolved. I spent most of my 20's behind bars, but since than I've married and had children.
Ask me anything and let's see if I can answer your questions.
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 04:13 AM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Did your father play any part in your life growing up?

Did you feel like you belonged in society during your earlier days, or as an outcast?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 07:46 AM   #3
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpooly84 View Post
but since than I've married and had children
Good for you on this one, brother.
Doing okay avoiding recidivism and meeting with your PO or are you out of the system at this point? Obviously you don't want to catch another bid or dime.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 12:20 PM   #4
Dpooly84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Did your father play any part in your life growing up?

Did you feel like you belonged in society during your earlier days, or as an outcast?

I've known my father my whole life, he wasn't always an active father but he was 13 when I was born. It wasn't until pre-teen years that I started feeling like I didn't belong. Also around the time my mother married a marine, and he was pretty abusive.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:25 PM   #5
Dpooly84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Good for you on this one, brother.
Doing okay avoiding recidivism and meeting with your PO or are you out of the system at this point? Obviously you don't want to catch another bid or dime.
Completely out of the system now. This year is the 10 year anniversary of my prison release; I was sentenced to 5 years in/ 3 years out(probation), I made it almost 2 years on probation before I was arrested for riding a scooter lol and did a year in jail. After that I was free, so I got the heck outta Florida asap. I haven't had any contact with police since.
Old 02-03-2023, 02:50 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is prison life the same way it is depicted on TV and movies? Do inmates keep to themselves or are they constantly scheming about killing whoever they don't like, beating some people up, and coming up with prison break plans. Also do cops/guards regularly beat on prisoners in cells?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 03:03 PM   #7
AquaParade
Banned

What did you do on your first day out and to yourself? I imagine I’d revert to a couple old missed simple pleasures and see if I still enjoy them.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 04:12 PM   #8
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is prison life the same way it is depicted on TV and movies? Do inmates keep to themselves or are they constantly scheming about killing whoever they don't like, beating some people up, and coming up with prison break plans. Also do cops/guards regularly beat on prisoners in cells?
The answer you are going to get for that depends entirely on the prison the guy's time was done in. Most guys are just trying to get through their time. It's different when you start getting lifers who have nothing to do but form relationships behind the walls.

Quote:
Completely out of the system now. This year is the 10 year anniversary of my prison release; I was sentenced to 5 years in/ 3 years out(probation), I made it almost 2 years on probation before I was arrested for riding a scooter lol and did a year in jail. After that I was free, so I got the heck outta Florida asap. I haven't had any contact with police since.
My guess is that the year in jail in some ways was more than the 5 years in prison. Either way, hope you're productive and are able to just do your thing in everyone's peace - your own as well.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 04:12 PM   #9
Dpooly84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Not like the movies, it's more like sleep away camp for the dumbest people on the planet. There was violence, drugs, crooked guards, I was slapped by a guard while doing push ups day one in intake.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:19 PM   #10
Dpooly84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
What did you do on your first day out and to yourself? I imagine I’d revert to a couple old missed simple pleasures and see if I still enjoy them.
I ordered a greasey gyro from a local hole in the wall spot with fries and a 12 pack of beer. But I had to go check in with my probation officer first day out and had I panic attack in traffic on the way there. It took a couple of months to get adjusted to being free. I still have problems with large crowds, constantly on alert.
Old 02-03-2023, 05:09 PM   #11
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Alright I’ll ask the obvious question here. What did you do to get put in prison? I understand if you tell me to piss off! Either way congrats on paying your debt, lesson learned, and building a life with your family.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 07:29 PM   #12
Dpooly84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-eyeball View Post
Alright I’ll ask the obvious question here. What did you do to get put in prison? I understand if you tell me to piss off! Either way congrats on paying your debt, lesson learned, and building a life with your family.
Armed robbery, prison saved my life. I was on very dark path that could have ended allot worse. Now I live for my family, but then first always. And I collect ninja turtle action figures lol
Old 02-03-2023, 07:46 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well if this is all serious, I'm glad you turned your life around. So congrats.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 07:54 PM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wow, no questions or anything, but big grats on really turning it around.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 08:39 PM   #15
Dpooly84
Banned

Thank you and it is all real
Old 02-04-2023, 12:03 AM   #16
Dpooly84
Banned

Funny story to throw in, in jail before prison. I was in orj in Hillsborough County FL, it's an open bay dorm, meaning we had like 80 dudes in cubicles no rooms. We had 2 tvs and every Saturday I would take one and watch the 2k tmnt and dragon ball z Kai lmao. Sometimes I would be the only one sitting there watching and I would have dude ready to fight. Especially during college football season. Fast forward, I get to prison, do a few months in the kitchen, talk my way in to a req orderly job(working the recreational yard). I end up working every morning so guess who gets control of the TV outside? We were watching turtles and dbz every weekend lol.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:27 AM   #17
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Did you witness any prison rape?
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 09:41 AM   #18
Dpooly84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
Did you witness any prison rape?
Lol no. There's gay dudes in prison, no rapes needed lol they had wiling participants.
Old 02-04-2023, 11:01 AM   #19
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
We were watching turtles and dbz every weekend lol.
Nice. Hope a few of the positive messages from TMNT might have rubbed off on a few eventually, even if it is just a cartoon.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 11:04 AM   #20
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Nice. Hope a few of the positive messages from TMNT might have rubbed off on a few eventually, even if it is just a cartoon.
Plus having to watch Kai, with its notorious lack of a Kikuchi score, is plenty of incentive not to go back to jail.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote