The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2018, 06:45 PM   #3841
The Deadman
Mad Scientist
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,468
__________________

Last Movie Watched: Truth or Dare (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E18.
Last Video Game Played: Madden 19 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:28 AM   #3842
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,592
Saban Brands will close in July as part of the Hasbro takeover.

(I'm sure I posted this before...but perhaps in the wrong thread)

http://news.tokunation.com/2018/05/2...y-2-2018-53099

Ninja Steel on the other hand is getting a DVD release in the UK, but it's only four eps per volume

https://twitter.com/GeraintLewis15/s...05154118225921
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:43 PM   #3843
The Deadman
Mad Scientist
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,468
Hasbro Confirms Power Rangers Movie Plans
https://www.powerrangersnow.com/hasb...s-movie-plans/

Looks like the franchise isnt dead just yet
__________________

Last Movie Watched: Truth or Dare (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E18.
Last Video Game Played: Madden 19 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:54 PM   #3844
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Hasbro Confirms Power Rangers Movie Plans
https://www.powerrangersnow.com/hasb...s-movie-plans/

Looks like the franchise isnt dead just yet
They still don't say whether this will be a sequel to the 2017 film or just a complete reboot.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:33 PM   #3845
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
They still don't say whether this will be a sequel to the 2017 film or just a complete reboot.
I really hope it's the former.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:24 AM   #3846
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 2,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Hasbro Confirms Power Rangers Movie Plans
https://www.powerrangersnow.com/hasb...s-movie-plans/

Looks like the franchise isnt dead just yet
At least the general PR franchise isn't. Hasbro has a lot of successful franchises, and they might do the show some justice. The movie they put out might turn out to be somewhat accepted like Lionsgate's movie, which even non-fans (and even haters) actually praised. I just don't think it'll be any more successful.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:29 AM   #3847
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,063
Guaranteed to be a full reboot/reimagining. There isn't any point in trudging forward with part 2 of a movie that lost a lot of money. Particularly with new bosses/owners involved.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:46 AM   #3848
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,592
So another big event this year from BOOM Comics is a graphic novel called "Soul of the Dragon", a story about Tommy going on one last mission to try and rescue his and Katherine's son JJ

https://www.amazon.de/Mighty-Morphin...dp/1684152542/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:31 AM   #3849
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 6,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Guaranteed to be a full reboot/reimagining. There isn't any point in trudging forward with part 2 of a movie that lost a lot of money. Particularly with new bosses/owners involved.
Exactly, I know many fans love the movie and I liked it too even if not amazing but the partnerships mess alone would mean its a reboot but counting that the movie didn't set the BO on fire and especially if they want to make its just not going to happen.

It was an interesting take, I wouldn't mind a sequel but I'm more than fine to see a new version whatever it may be even if I'm not crazy of a Hasbro-Verse universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
So another big event this year from BOOM Comics is a graphic novel called "Soul of the Dragon", a story about Tommy going on one last mission to try and rescue his and Katherine's son JJ

https://www.amazon.de/Mighty-Morphin...dp/1684152542/
Ugh, I finally came to like Lord Drakkon but everything BOOM keeps doing feels so FanFic that it turns me off. At least it acknowledges that Tommy/Kat is canon as the final couple. I'll always prefer the Tommy/Kim ship but the Zeo christmas special cements that Tommy Married Kat.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #3850
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Ugh, I finally came to like Lord Drakkon but everything BOOM keeps doing feels so FanFic that it turns me off. At least it acknowledges that Tommy/Kat is canon as the final couple. I'll always prefer the Tommy/Kim ship but the Zeo christmas special cements that Tommy Married Kat.
I agree the whole Lord Drakkon thing is getting more and more fan-fiction. The moment that one Tommy murdered another sealed the deal.

Everyone knows that Tommy and Kimberly are mean to be. I always thought the Christmas special that finished Zeo after the gold powers were reclaimed and Machine Empire defeated was an alternate future. As in it could happen, but not necessarily.

Has it been defined White Light and The Power Transfer happen in the version we are reading in Boom!? The time that has passed makes it difficult or would have to happen not long at all after this Shattered Grid mess clears up his summer.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:57 AM   #3851
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 6,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I agree the whole Lord Drakkon thing is getting more and more fan-fiction. The moment that one Tommy murdered another sealed the deal.

Everyone knows that Tommy and Kimberly are mean to be. I always thought the Christmas special that finished Zeo after the gold powers were reclaimed and Machine Empire defeated was an alternate future. As in it could happen, but not necessarily.

Has it been defined White Light and The Power Transfer happen in the version we are reading in Boom!? The time that has passed makes it difficult or would have to happen not long at all after this Shattered Grid mess clears up his summer.
haha I know they're meant to be but to me that's on screen canon and I cannot refute that no matter how much I disagree with it. It's silly for me to say "it's an alternate future" when it's there and if not it gets to fanfic territory like ....the boom comic.

I don't read the boom comic so I don't know, I've only read a few panels posted on /co/ and I hated the idea of Lord Drakken but now I'd like to see him in the show proper but man everything is so fanfic OC DO NOT STEAL to remain relevant and "cool" instead of embracing the cool things the franchise already has. Ironic how the fandom loves this comic which is all about Tommy and yet always complain about being tired of Tommy whenever he makes a return in the show.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:27 PM   #3852
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
haha I know they're meant to be but to me that's on screen canon and I cannot refute that no matter how much I disagree with it. It's silly for me to say "it's an alternate future" when it's there and if not it gets to fanfic territory like ....the boom comic.

I don't read the boom comic so I don't know, I've only read a few panels posted on /co/ and I hated the idea of Lord Drakken but now I'd like to see him in the show proper but man everything is so fanfic OC DO NOT STEAL to remain relevant and "cool" instead of embracing the cool things the franchise already has. Ironic how the fandom loves this comic which is all about Tommy and yet always complain about being tired of Tommy whenever he makes a return in the show.
I remember seeing the Zeo finale when I was 9 and thought it was an alternate timeline not what will happen. The whole romance seemed forced to me as a child.

If Tommy is not in the Boom! series after issue #30 then, not so. However, it does look that way at this point and that is why I like it overall, a Tommy/Green Ranger focus with the original six featured.

I still say Lord Drakkon could have been Lord Zedd before we knew him proper or even a twist that he started out as Tommy of an alternate Earth.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:51 PM   #3853
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,592
I never understood the appeal of Tommy/Kimberly, that felt pretty forced to me as well when I was growing up...frankly I preferred the fanon idea she finally reciprocated Skull's one-sided advances, married him, and gave birth to Spike from Samurai
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:07 PM   #3854
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 6,873
I don't know I think it was subtle and it was slow and that's why it worked. Kat didn't even if it was "set up" in a few episodes and likely had more time than Tommy/Kimberly did. We all like our OTP stories and we all had a crush on Kimberly and girls on Tommy haha.

I think it was Funaro who started the idea of Spike being Kimberly's son and that was the reason she left. I find it funny and he kinda deserves it after Skull always having his advances stopped. Since Tommy/Kat is canon, I'd say I'll think Kim/Skull is canon until proven otherwise.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:39 PM   #3855
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,624
I always thought that Jason and Kimberly ended up together. I thought there was something in the Pink! mini-series that it was hinted that Jason was the guy she was referring to when she was writing the Dear John letter.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:22 PM   #3856
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't know I think it was subtle and it was slow and that's why it worked. Kat didn't even if it was "set up" in a few episodes and likely had more time than Tommy/Kimberly did. We all like our OTP stories and we all had a crush on Kimberly and girls on Tommy haha.

I think it was Funaro who started the idea of Spike being Kimberly's son and that was the reason she left. I find it funny and he kinda deserves it after Skull always having his advances stopped. Since Tommy/Kat is canon, I'd say I'll think Kim/Skull is canon until proven otherwise.
Alternate future! I always assumed that is what is was. Kids didn't want it then and their kids don't want it now. Have you not seen the watched the What Hurts The Most tribute video to Tomberly? Those two and Jesse/Becky taught 90s' kids about romance. I felt the Tommy/Kimberly romance was developed and then A.J.'s departure ended it because the long distance relationship could not be worked onscreen. It was sudden with Kat and felt forced. There was a chemistry between Jason and A.J. that seemed believable. The all of a sudden plots Sutherland's character fell into from her having no skills at all becoming a ranger to deciding she wants Tommy for herself just don't make sense even for Power Rangers. No offense to Kat's actress of course.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:01 PM   #3857
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 2,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

I think it was Funaro who started the idea of Spike being Kimberly's son and that was the reason she left.
Yes it was him, and we can just piss on that now that he has more or less proven to have been a troll in the PR fandom.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #3858
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,592
First look at Soul of the Dragon



ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:48 PM   #3859
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,802
So Tommy officially ends up with Katherine. Huh... okee doke. Never did like her. Can't wait to read this GN tho. I love the design of "Old Man" Tommy
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:08 PM   #3860
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 4,410
Shout! Factory
‏Verified account @ShoutFactory
54s54 seconds ago

It's official! We're releasing a pre-Power Rangers Sentai season! On 9/25, Chōjin Sentai Jetman: The Complete Series will be available for your viewing pleasure! Pre-orders are live now at http://ht.ly/fSl030kpyYP .


__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cuck rangers, power cucks, power rangers, subpar megafarce

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.