The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-24-2014, 11:45 PM   #1941
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyborregas View Post
Can somebody please ask Eastman when are the #22 variant drawings going to be completed?
Oddly enough, I did, without seeing your question first. Now the annual is done, he hopes to get the rest of them done in the next 2-3 weeks (he's already completed 80 or so of the 130 odd that are due).
Old 07-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #1942
TheWarrior97
Foot Soldier

There was suppose to be a mini comic book pack being released in April. Can someone give me an update and a name for these packs.
TheWarrior97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:55 PM   #1943
Powder
So tired of this place

Cancelled.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:53 PM   #1944
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarrior97 View Post
There was suppose to be a mini comic book pack being released in April. Can someone give me an update and a name for these packs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Cancelled.
It turns out that, although pre-orders for these were listed as cancelled by many vendors (including mine), the TMNT Micro-Comic Fun Packs are still going to be released. At the beginning of July I got word that the Fun Packs were just very delayed but were at the printers. I see now they are planned for release on Aug. 13.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:59 PM   #1945
tommyborregas
Random Punk

Lightbulb Actual Variant Numbers

Is there a Database somewhere in this TMNT Universe that show actual "print numbers" for each variant cover printed? I would like to see some type of spread sheet of the most rare comics.
tommyborregas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #1946
June Bug
Mouser

When is the first time we see Dark Leo with Shredder as a team?

Is IDW TMNT ongoing #25 page 11 actually the first time we see Dark Leo and Shredder together as a team on the same page?
June Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #1947
Blips
Thug

Has the Free Comic Book Day Nick TMNT comic been collected in any of the trades thus far?
Blips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:08 AM   #1948
Tack
Random Punk

I want to start reading up the Archie TMNT series, any idea where to find it, where to start, etc?
Old 08-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #1949
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
I want to start reading up the Archie TMNT series, any idea where to find it, where to start, etc?
IDW has been collecting them.

You'll want to start with the TMNT 100 Page Spectacular which collects the first 3-issue miniseries, then grab TMNT Adventures Volume 1.

The 3-issue mini and the first 4 issues of the ongoing are episode adaptations, so if you're familiar with the Fred Wolf cartoon, you may want to start with Volume 2, instead. That's when the book began publishing original content.

The reprints are only about 4 issues per volume and are kinda overpriced, but it's the most convenient way to get started if you don't feel like resorting to eBay.

Last edited by DrSpengler; 08-12-2014 at 11:39 AM.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:01 PM   #1950
Tack
Random Punk

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2014, 04:10 AM   #1951
TheAmazingFlow
Mouser

I want to get into the TMNT IDW 2011 ongoing series but where is the best place to get upcoming issues and notifications about it? I live in Europe so internationall shipping is a must.
Thank!
Old 08-15-2014, 04:57 AM   #1952
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Speak to your local comic store and ask them about it. Mine imports all my issues through Diamond into the UK, variants and all.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #1953
jignat
Foot Soldier

Lapsed TMNT fan here...

Will IDW collect mirage vol2 and Image vol.3 into "ultimate edition" trades or regular sized trades?

Thanks
jignat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #1954
ajistheman
Foot Soldier

I am looking at starting the IDW comics.

I saw that comixology has digital versions of the comics on sale, and I would not like digital versions, I want hard copies

Whats the best way to get into this series. Can I buy the collected books? Will they have all the individual stories in there or should I just buy every comic individually?

Do you have any recommendation where to find the comics at now-a-days, the official site looks to be sold out....
ajistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:10 PM   #1955
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Is the movie bringing people in? Well at least it did some good then.

For those just getting into IDW: hell yeah, this is my personal favorite iteration of the TMNT and that's saying a lot. It just keeps getting better as the book goes on. As to where to buy them, I'm in the middle of nowhere in the US and order a haul of comics from Midtown Comics in New York every couple months to keep up. They knock enough off cover price to justify the few bucks in shipping. YMMV.

You can buy them as singles or you can also get them collected as TPBs. The trades are a good way to get the story arcs if you're behind, though there is one problem with them as far as I see: the main series and the one-shots are collected separately. There is an omnibus version coming out soon (October?) that collects issues 1-12 with the first 5 one-shots inserted where they belong chronologically, assuming you want to wait that long.

This series has a consistent, well-established chronology that goes more or less in order of publication (for example, most of the Villains micros take place between various issues of the main book's City Fall arc). With the exception of the X-Files crossover everything with the IDW TMNT name on it is in-continuity, and though you can follow just the core TMNT book and get the meat of the story, if you skip the side issues you're going to miss a lot of world-building, characterization and foreshadowing. Whether you buy them as singles or trades, I suggest using Spengler's timeline to keep you straight on reading order.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:11 PM   #1956
Powder
So tired of this place

I'm sure this ground has been covered many times so rather than make a thread for it I'll ask here- I've missed out on Turtles In Time, the X-files crossover, and 1 issue of Animated Adventures. What's a good site I could grab them on all at once? I hardly ever buy comics online & when I do, it's back issues on ebay. This is a bit different so I'd like to go to a reliable vendor who combines shipping & keeps their stuff in good shape.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #1957
Powder
So tired of this place

Sooo nobody buys comics online? Dafuc

Old 08-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #1958
boywonder26
Hench Mutant

Did turtles in time 3 come out last week?or is it this week?? And if it was last week are there any reviews out yet that haven't been posted on here yet?i know that you guys are normally on top of all that..
boywonder26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #1959
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignat View Post
Lapsed TMNT fan here...

Will IDW collect mirage vol2 and Image vol.3 into "ultimate edition" trades or regular sized trades?

Thanks
Volume 2 started being collected in "Classics" Vol. 8 (recolored). It's likely the Image series will be collected there as well, or maybe in its own line.

The "Ultimate Collections" seem to only have been for the key story arcs in Volume 1.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:55 PM   #1960
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Sooo nobody buys comics online? Dafuc
Didn't want to double-post since I just mentioned Midtown Comics out of NYC in my last post, but I use 'em and they've always been perfect for me. Everything they ship comes packed tight in a big manilla envelope surrounded with bubble wrap, then put in a cardboard box for shipping, and even with the cheapest ground shipping usually shows up at my house on the other side of the country within a week or so. I order from them every month or two (I live in the middle of nowhere with no comic stores), grab maybe 4-6 books, and it's around $20-30 average depending on what I buy.

They're generally pretty good about having recent back-issues too, including the variants if you have that kind of money burning a hole in your pocket:

Turtles in Time

X-Files crossover

New Animated Adventures
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions