The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #101
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I just thought that scene was silly. The entire X-mansion has like 10 milliseconds to live, and Quicksilver happens to show up at just the right moment, but at the same time isn't able to save Havoc. It's just such bizarre writing.
It just seems so obligatory. "Get ready, kids.... it's time for the Quicksilver Slow-Mo Scene!"
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:14 AM   #102
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,090
Movies are still filming back to back but no longer simultaneously

http://collider.com/avengers-infinit...social/#marvel
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:32 AM   #103
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It just seems so obligatory. "Get ready, kids.... it's time for the Quicksilver Slow-Mo Scene!"
And yet, those are really are the bulk of the redeeming scenes of those movies.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:47 AM   #104
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
And yet, those are really are the bulk of the redeeming scenes of those movies.
True. And sad in itself.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:06 AM   #105
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,587
So, any guesses as to what they'll call Avengers 4? I feel like Marvel is having a hard time coming up with movie titles that don't end in "war". If it were up to me I'd go with something like "Gauntlet of Death", if Thanos is indeed going to be courting her, or maybe just Gauntlet of Thanos.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #106
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Black Order Initiate
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
So, any guesses as to what they'll call Avengers 4? I feel like Marvel is having a hard time coming up with movie titles that don't end in "war". If it were up to me I'd go with something like "Gauntlet of Death", if Thanos is indeed going to be courting her, or maybe just Gauntlet of Thanos.
"Death" is too dark for kid-friendly PG13 movie titles. That ain't gonna happen.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Technodrome Member: Whys CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy running?

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnt do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:36 AM   #107
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
So, any guesses as to what they'll call Avengers 4?
I think it will be Infinity _____. Infinity Aftermath? Infinity Crusade? Infinity Watch? Those are real Marvel event titles. One of those, or something close.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:41 AM   #108
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Black Order Initiate
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think it will be Infinity _____. Infinity Aftermath? Infinity Crusade? Infinity Watch? Those are real Marvel event titles. One of those, or something close.
Not "Aftermath"; doesn't sound important enough. "Crusade", maybe... I dunno.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Technodrome Member: Whys CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy running?

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnt do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:48 AM   #109
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
"Death" is too dark for kid-friendly PG13 movie titles. That ain't gonna happen.
Shut up dad, you're no fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think it will be Infinity _____. Infinity Aftermath? Infinity Crusade? Infinity Watch? Those are real Marvel event titles. One of those, or something close.
Or maybe just Infinity Gauntlet? I don't know, I almost feel like A4 should've been the one titled Infinity War, as Thanos is likely to gather all the gems/stones (still don't know why they changed the name) in A3 and then the heroes will actually have to combat the full-power of the Infinity Gauntlet in the second one, but whatever.

At this point I feel like we know the basic plot points the next two Avengers movies are going to hit, so I'm getting real curious as to what Marvel's plans are for Phase 4
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:07 AM   #110
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I almost feel like A4 should've been the one titled Infinity War, as Thanos is likely to gather all the gems/stones (still don't know why they changed the name) in A3 and then the heroes will actually have to combat the full-power of the Infinity Gauntlet in the second one, but whatever.
I don't think that's really the plan anymore, if it ever really was to begin with. We'll get the beginning, middle, and end in Infinity War, and it'll present some kind of a game changer. The fourth will likely deal with that game changer. Maybe as he dies in Infinity War, Thanos warps reality into something else, and A4 is about them correcting that reality or something.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:22 AM   #111
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't think that's really the plan anymore, if it ever really was to begin with. We'll get the beginning, middle, and end in Infinity War, and it'll present some kind of a game changer. The fourth will likely deal with that game changer. Maybe as he dies in Infinity War, Thanos warps reality into something else, and A4 is about them correcting that reality or something.
That would be pretty cool. I've been wondering if we'll get any type of reality-warping or multiverse traveling in the MCU.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:25 AM   #112
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
That would be pretty cool. I've been wondering if we'll get any type of reality-warping or multiverse traveling in the MCU.
That's kind of going on right now in Agents of SHIELD. This last story arc has them trapped in a (computer generated) alternate reality where Hydra is SHIELD and most of the bad guys are good guys (and vice versa).
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #113
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Black Order Initiate
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Shut up dad, you're no fun!
Don't you dare talk to me like that, boy! You don't even know how good you kids have it!

Back in my day, Batman had nipples and Superman was played by Ray Palmer! And Captain America was Johnny Storm!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Technodrome Member: Whys CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy running?

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnt do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:38 AM   #114
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's kind of going on right now in Agents of SHIELD. This last story arc has them trapped in a (computer generated) alternate reality where Hydra is SHIELD and most of the bad guys are good guys (and vice versa).
Is that show decent? I wanted a Marvel show to watch (other than the Netflix offerings) but I don't want to spend a lot of time on something with little payoff and I don't watch much network television. And then with the first thing the show did being Agent Coulson's resurrection or retconning of his death being faked, it just put me off. If he was an LMD I'd be into it. I admit I do kinda want to watch the season with the Ghost Rider storyline.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:13 PM   #115
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Is that show decent? I wanted a Marvel show to watch (other than the Netflix offerings) but I don't want to spend a lot of time on something with little payoff and I don't watch much network television. And then with the first thing the show did being Agent Coulson's resurrection or retconning of his death being faked, it just put me off. If he was an LMD I'd be into it. I admit I do kinda want to watch the season with the Ghost Rider storyline.
Coulson really died, that was no fakery. And his resurrection is complicated and painful.

Agents of SHIELD is awesome. And a few people from the movies pop in. Last season was amazing.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:06 PM   #116
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 11,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Coulson really died, that was no fakery. And his resurrection is complicated and painful.

Agents of SHIELD is awesome. And a few people from the movies pop in. Last season was amazing.
It''s too bad we'll never see him show up in the movies, Marvel Studios and Marvel TV don't have a good relationship.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:58 AM   #117
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Is that show decent?.
No it really is'nt.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:46 AM   #118
AT-Man
I SEEN IT
 
AT-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
No it really is'nt.
Yes, it really is.
__________________

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:53 AM   #119
Dust
Foot Soldier
 
Dust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Rainy England
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
No it really is'nt.
Yes it really is
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:27 AM   #120
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,440
My opinion. Can't change it unless there's another decent season.

I used to enjoy it, so I'm not being a hater here, just a disillusioned fan.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 04-22-2017 at 05:33 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
askthepolice, avengers cuck wars, avengers infinite sjws, captain americuck, cuckvengers, infinity cucks, thankyouquicksilver, the incredible cuck, whereisthelaser?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.