Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
The Turtles in Time
It had the Channel 6 music at least.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:18 PM   #122
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Don't know if this counts as the FW show but I also love some of the new elements of the show made in Japan but absent from the U.S.

For example, the Japanese theme song, The Mutant Turtles OVA (especially love the Go, Go Turtle Song), The Manga and of course, THAT Krang.

You know, the one with the extremely high pitched voice that is loved and embraced by Japanese tmnt fans? Its grown on me now but I couldnt stand it at first lol.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:02 AM   #123
Prowler
Emperor

Season 1 and 7 were the best ones. Season 8 was also good, but the show had been given a makeover by then so...

Season 3 had loads of good episodes aswell. Season 2 is memorable for Baxter, the Pizza aliens, the Eye of Sarnoth arc and April Catwoman, but I don't think it's aged that well. Looking back, it seemed like the show was still trying to decide which road it would take. Also, it's kinda odd how Baxter stuck around as Shredder's main sidekick for several episodes with bebop and Rocksteady just remaining in the Technodrome.

Seasons 1-3 seem to be the most iconic and well remembered seasons of the show. I think the show peaked around season 3. I mean, that season had what, 50 episodes?! It was insane. Turtle Mania was at tis peak at the time, and the first movie would come out shortly after it or during it. 1989-1990 seems to be the peak of TurtleMania. Maybe 1991 as well.

I firmly believe that at least 70% of the people who grew up watching the FW series never got to see the end of it and are totally unaware of the Red Sky seasons and characters like Dregg and Carter. Does anyone else think this as well?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:12 AM   #124
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I agree about this series' soundtrack as well. The best background music in any show I've watched, live-action and animated. Pity it was never released as an album.
I hasn't been released but there's no reason why it can't get a release. Intrada or La-La-Land could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Season 3 had loads of good episodes aswell. Season 2 is memorable for Baxter, the Pizza aliens, the Eye of Sarnoth arc and April Catwoman, but I don't think it's aged that well. Looking back, it seemed like the show was still trying to decide which road it would take. Also, it's kinda odd how Baxter stuck around as Shredder's main sidekick for several episodes with bebop and Rocksteady just remaining in the Technodrome.
I like Season 2. It was still serious like the first season but was a bit lighter. I think as the seasons went on beginning with Season 3 it really deviated into comedy territory. Thankfully later seasons got it back on course at5 least tonally.

As for Baxter hanging around Shredder I don't see a problem with that. He wasn't allowed to use any resources from Dimension X so the mutants were out of the question. Shredder forced Baxter to work for him. It was either working with Shredder or jail. Not a difficult choice.

Last edited by Jester; 10-05-2017 at 03:58 PM.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:05 PM   #125
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
I firmly believe that at least 70% of the people who grew up watching the FW series never got to see the end of it and are totally unaware of the Red Sky seasons and characters like Dregg and Carter. Does anyone else think this as well?
Outside the USA or maybe outside the entire English speaking world, probablly 95 %...
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:08 PM   #126
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Outside the USA or maybe outside the entire English speaking world, probablly 95 %...
Good point.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #127
Vegita-San
Emperor

I agree that Day the earth dissapeared and divide and conquer are two stellar ways to end the series. would have been nicer to have shredder and krang in the shows.. but at least we got the technodrome and android.

Last edited by Jester; 10-05-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #128
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I agree that Day the earth dissapeared and divide and conquer are two stellar ways to end the series. would have been nicer to have shredder and krang in the shows.. but at least we got the technodrome and android.
Yeah, season 10 was pretty good for what it was tbh.

That being said, I think Turtle Trek would have also made a satisfactory finale.

Last edited by Jester; 10-05-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #129
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I sometimes wonder what this show would've been like if it had musical numbers.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:17 PM   #130
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I sometimes wonder what this show would've been like if it had musical numbers.
...weren't the Howie episodes enough of a showcase of that already?! Jeebus, musicals make my skin crawl.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:18 PM   #131
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I mean with the main characters, but I agree I couldn't stand the Howie episodes

Except for that Donatello vs Shredder fight in "Name that Toon" which was awesome.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:19 PM   #132
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I mean with the main characters, but I agree I couldn't stand the Howie episodes
Sadly, the first Howie episode has a pretty good battle between Donatello and Shredder.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:23 PM   #133
CyberCubed
Overlord

The first Howie ep was great. The second was just ok.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #134
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Sadly, the first Howie episode has a pretty good battle between Donatello and Shredder.
Yeah, it was surprising how action esque it was in the most slapstick season of the series.

Donatello even hit Shredder in the face with his Bo staff, but it was nice to see Shredder overpower him in the end and not be a complete pushover.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #135
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The first Howie ep was great. The second was just ok.
I think I prefer the 2nd one. Howie is more bearable in that episode. Also Shredder dressed up as the phantom of the opera was kinda cool.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:49 PM   #136
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Thread locked long enough for me to do some spring cleaning....seriously do some of you have nothing better to do in the middle of a weekday than to measure e-phalli?

EDIT; OK. Now that I've taken time out of my day, time I could be spending asking my son about his day at school or playing with my youngest, to clean up a thread where 3 or 4 FREAKING ADULTS can't play nice on the internet, here's the thread back.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 10-05-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:15 PM   #137
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
EDIT; OK. Now that I've taken time out of my day, time I could be spending asking my son about his day at school or playing with my youngest, to clean up a thread where 3 or 4 FREAKING ADULTS can't play nice on the internet, here's the thread back.
I've already reported To The Nines for insults. I don't understand why people are trolling an appreciation thread?
Old 10-05-2017, 06:20 PM   #138
ToTheNines
[sic]

Look dude, I'm sorry. Just let it go now.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:22 PM   #139
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I've already reported To The Nines for insults. I don't understand why people are trolling an appreciation thread?
I know you have a right to report and what not, but its not the best idea to post about it in a thread, it only becomes flame bait.

But lets leave all that behind us, and enjoy this thread for it was meant for
Old 10-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #140
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
But lets leave all that behind us, and enjoy this thread for it was meant for
I wouldn't want it any other way mate.