The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-10-2018, 09:53 PM   #261
Prowler
Emperor

The only schools I know with dress codes are some private schools and schools up until 4th grade. Those force you to wear a uniform.

When I was a kid I don't recall any of the schools I've been to having dress codes. I don't recall any student being punished for dressing a certain way.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #262
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

https://www.sbsun.com/2018/05/08/tee...onalds-museum/

Quote:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to be added to San Bernardino mural at McDonald’s Museum

For six years, Yeh, a local, renowned cartoonist, has implored his friends to add their characters to his murals.

On Friday, Kevin Eastman is coming to San Bernardino, and he’s bringing his comic book turtles with him.

“This is an awesome, historical thing to be a part of,” said Eastman, co-creator of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. “I absolutely adore Phil Yeh, and for many, many years, I’ve supported a lot of his projects. He’s put forth a Herculean effort over the past couple decades in promoting literacy, and I’ve always made sure to lend a hand whenever I could.”

Yeh and Eastman met and first collaborated in 1990, about six years after The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles debuted as a black-and-white comic book. Eastman funded Yeh’s 1991 children’s book “Theo the Dinosaur,” which features a foreward by First Lady Barbara Bush.

Friday’s collaboration – on the heels of Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael’s 34th birthday – will be the pair’s latest.

From noon to 3 p.m. Friday, May 11, Eastman will draw The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles into cars rendered by Murray on a third mural – Yeh’s fantasy version of San Bernardino. The quartet will be added as they started, in black and white.

“I hope seeing the Turtles inspires people to embrace reading, to embrace creativity,” Eastman said. “There’s no silly idea. If something as silly as The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles can become this insane, humbling worldwide phenomenon, seeing them might encourage kids to want to read comic books and create comic books.

“Because great things can come from the smallest and silliest ideas.”

The public is invited to watch Eastman, but it is not a public signing.

The McDonald’s Museum is at 1398 N. E St. in San Bernardino.

Also... lol
https://www.chron.com/life/travel/ar...g-12897894.php
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #263
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The thing I remember the most in GOOD OL' TEXAS was that if boys had their pants sagging, they'd basically be forced to keep them up with a rope belt.

I think I only saw one person with that happen and it was just with passing down the hall.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:08 PM   #264
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
The thing I remember the most in GOOD OL' TEXAS was that if boys had their pants sagging, they'd basically be forced to keep them up with a rope belt.

I think I only saw one person with that happen and it was just with passing down the hall.
...tbh sagging pants is one of the most retarded things ever. I'd definitely ban that if I was a ruthless dictator.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:18 PM   #265
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Speaking of boys pants... Anyone else old enough to remember the wide leg fad, and they just kept getting wider and wider to the point they looked like they were wearing skirts and may as well have been. That all started up about my last year or two of high school.

Hmm... back to topic... Turtle pants? Since that's a thing now. I honestly would not mind shopping for them.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:21 PM   #266
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

They'd probably have enough trouble with clothes at it is, let alone with pants.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:32 PM   #267
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, look who it is...
I demand all of your leftover Birthday cake.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:45 PM   #268
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I demand all of your leftover Birthday cake.
Aw, it's gone, I'm sorry. Next year. (After 2 1/2 weeks it would have dried up so bad by now anyhow. lol)
Old 05-10-2018, 11:11 PM   #269
Leo656
The Franchise

Not if it's A: Loaded with rum, and B: Properly stored. Step C: Repeat Step A.

You kids don't know how to party. Hang with me, kid. I'll school ya.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:23 PM   #270
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol Me? Party?
Old 05-11-2018, 12:31 PM   #271
Leo656
The Franchise

I know allllllll about you "shy-on-the-outside" mousy librarian types. You don't fool me.

Two shots of Jaeger, they're dancing on the bar. Like I said, I'm on to you.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:35 PM   #272
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
No Leo, that would probably be me.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:41 PM   #273
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'm afraid you'd be disappointed, but thanks for believing I could be funner or more interesting in the right circumstances. I'll let Duckie have my place in that. Them Mikey fan types probably know how to have a better time. I'm more the "I think you guys have had enough, we should probably head home." lol
Old 05-11-2018, 02:12 PM   #274
Prowler
Emperor

I'm not the librarian type but I'm a quiet guy... but indeed I become a party animal when I'm drunk.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:38 PM   #275
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Never been drunk and have no desire to experience it.

Super against my head feeling anything other than normal. On one hand I'd automatically by nature be the volunteer designated driver and willingly play that role... on the other hand it would annoy me to have to babysit adults. Something I also would not want to impose on anyone else or trust my well being to.

Probably the closest I've ever had to such a thing was not being able to sleep hardly at all one night, then having to work the next afternoon/evening, and then after getting home I stupidly drank a too tempting berry flavored energy drink, thinking these things don't really do anything for me anyhow... then proceeded to not sleep at all again. Couldn't even walk straight the next day and had to call off work. That's close enough for me and don't care to repeat.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-11-2018 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:48 PM   #276
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Never been drunk and have no desire to experience it.

Super against my head feeling anything other than normal. On one hand I'd automatically by nature be the volunteer designated driver and willingly play that role... on the other hand it would annoy me to have to babysit adults. Something I also would not want to impose on anyone else or trust my well being to.
Even been tipsy?
I've not been actually drunk for some years, I don't have much these days, responsibilities and so my tolerance has gone a bit, I'll have a glass of red in the eves sometimes because I like it and on the occasion that I go out I'll have a little to drink, enough to put a smile on my face and then that's it, switch to water

Anyway, we seem to have lost the turtles thread, if we want to get back to it... erm ...... what kind of drunk do you think they would be?

Last edited by newfan; 05-11-2018 at 03:04 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #277
Leo656
The Franchise

Pssshhhh. Kids. No priorities whatsoever.

(Yes, I'm aware you're older than me. Quiet!)

Old 05-11-2018, 03:12 PM   #278
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Even been tipsy?
I've not been actually drunk for some years, I don't have much these days, responsibilities and so my tolerance has gone a bit, I'll have a glass of red in the eves sometimes because I like it and on the occasion that I go out I'll have a little to drink, enough to put a smile on my face and then that's it, switch to water

Anyway, we seem to have lost the turtles thread, if we want to get back to it... erm ...... what kind of drunk do you think they would be?
I haven't gotten drunk in a while either. I only get drunk about twice a year on average these days. Alcohol in general is expensive and kinda pointless tbh. It loses its appeal the older you get. I guess that's why people eventually stop drinking beer and other drinks and switch to wine and whiskey but screw that. I have low tolerance for booze. A few beers get me rather drunk already. No way I'm gonna try stronger stuff.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #279
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've barely been drunk enough to get hungover.

Enough to get way more excitable than normal, but I usually stay up all night and let the alcohol burnout. So I don't fall asleep.

I plan on doing a bit more than normal on my birthday next month though. I'll have people I can actually go with. That being my cousins. One of which I barely see.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:12 PM   #280
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Pssshhhh. Kids. No priorities whatsoever.

(Yes, I'm aware you're older than me. Quiet!)
I don't think by much though? Aren't you about the same age? (I'm definitely starting to believe age is just a number... And numbers are mostly just a myth. lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Even been tipsy?
I don't believe so. Normally for me it's just lighter stuff, like Mike's Hard Lemonade sort of thing (if you know what that is) and I limit it to one.

At most I've had just a fuzziness for a short bit that makes me feel a little ill until it eases up part way into dinner, which I don't care for. But that's only ever been with the white peach sangria at Applebee's (restaurant). A favorite, and rarely have it (normally only on birthday if we go there to eat - went elsewhere this year), but it's bigger than my norm and not sure what the actual per volume % content it is.

Last time I asked for it in a regular glass instead of the goblet it normally comes in which was better. The goblet is pretty, but I'll probably stick to the regular glass from now on... I like it for the flavor, not the alcohol content. Not that I have to finish the goblet, but I'd rather not waste too much of it. (I have finished it most times... no drunkenness though. Nothing really after that ill feeling passes, but I'd rather avoid it.)

Quote:
Hmm...

Well, Mikey is no doubt a dancing on tables then laying on the floor kind of drunk and waking up at 6am not sure where he is while just 5 min before Leo throws him a quick side eye on the way to brush his teeth and wash up. Given his personality and feeling of the responsibilities on his shoulders, Leo probably kept it limited and didn't drink to that point....and now has the advantage of holding the other's drunken behavior over them. Donnie is probably a goofy drunk, but not as crazy as Mikey. A more mellow one. Raph... hopefully just a quite sort or becomes a bit more social. Hopefully he isn't an angry drunk.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-11-2018 at 04:18 PM.