The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-21-2015, 01:00 AM   #41
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vundi View Post
Man, people can be so picky! He's close enough to a good hieght. The original cartoon was never consistant in the height of any of the characters so using as a basis for comparison isn't a good idea. And so what if it isn't cartoon accurate? The First Gokin Krang wasn't either and eveyone loved it. But let's be honest, MOST TMNT toys aren't even close to the cartoon....any of them....from any line. I'm just gonna sit back and drink in all the awesomeness they're giving up and my TMNT display is gonna be on point!!
If you want a 9 feet tall Shredder within the toy scale, being so tall Robert Wadlow have to look up is not ideal to me. But if you want a Frost Giant sized Shredder, knock yourself out, I'm not gonna tell you how to play with your toys.

But me personally, I'd like a Shredder that will actually fit in a 1/12th scale so he can look like he have a normal height squaring off with other 1/12th and 6" line figures, such as Marvel Legends, TMNT NECAs, TMNT Revoltechs, Articulated Icons and so on and so on.

Trying to justify a 9" Shredder figure with Krang's height is a moot point when Krang canonically could change his heigh, and NT-01 is as tall as the vintage Krang android body, and Cerebral/Krang himself is around the size of the vintage figure as well which isn't a bad size for a Krang that could fit in a 6" line. It's okay for Krang's android body to be 10 feet tall within the toy scale, cause he is designed on a more "badassified" style and big robots are menacing. A human taller then the Guiness Record holder is a bit silly.

It's like trying to mix Figma Solid Snake with Play Arts Kai Liquid Snake, both meant to be humans within normal height. It's going to look awkward.

If First Gokin wants to make their own line of figures with their own scale, that's fine, but I personally dropped Square Enix's Play Arts Kai and the ThunderCats Classics due to them being huge in comparison to other toylines.

Buuut, it's common that the prototype is bigger, NECA works with 2-ups and Articulated Icons' prototypes was made 4% bugger then intended to adjust for the actual size after finished molds are made. So fingers crossed that the finished NT-02 is in a more manga le size.

That said, a 8-9" Triceraton would have been fantastic.

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 10-21-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #42
Vundi
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
For the price, they damn well better be...
No... Not at all. Not every toy is going to be for every collector. No one is going to come along and put something out there that will please 100% of everyone. No matter how close it may be, there will always be someone who isn't going to be happy about something. Now, if this were a custom being done for someone then you'd be absolutely correct and for the price the customer is paying, they'd better get what they want. But if the price of a mass produced figure isn't to your liking for the figure being offered, move right along and wait for the next thing to come out....more for everyone else!
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:47 PM   #43
Powder
So tired of this place

My response is this; Candy Kapppa's post.

Besides, I don't care about the price. But if you're gonna charge people a large amount, it should be for a product that the bulk of your demographic is pleased with. The scale here has many people griping.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:26 AM   #44
theassassin
Foot Soldier

My honest feeling with the scale is that First Gokin decided Shredder's size based on a random google picture from the cartoon of Krang with Shredder (which varied a lot, and unfortunetely they chose the largest depiction) - and they just didn't think to consider how Shredder will look alongside the existing Classic Collection Turtles figures. And in regard to the "overly stylized" appearance of the figure, I think they've just got a bit overconfident with themselves after the success of Krang and are forgetting the cartoon fans are their main customers. They're obviously hearing the decidedly mixed feedback, but sadly I think they may be too far along and too deeply invested to change anything significant (I hope I am wrong though).

I know some people will say it's a different company, different line, etc, or were even hoping that Shredder would fit with smaller Turtles figures (retro/Nick/NECA/etc) but come on... Krang was obviously made to fit alongside the Classic Collection Turtles figures. And so their Shredder should be too.

Classic-Collection-scale and Original-Cartoon-style is BY FAR the most demanded choices for this Shredder figure and it is RIDICULOUS to suggest otherwise.

And for people saying Fist Gokin might make their own Turtles figures, my challenge to that would be - do you seriously think First Gokin will make significantly better Turtles than the Classic Collection ones? (Especially considering they don't have an official license!) And do you seriously think everyone who bought the Classic Collection will then buy ANOTHER set of Turtles just to "fix" the scale? (No way!). Wake up and be realistic...

There's no basis for opinion or arguement here - the FACT is First Gokin will be losing a ton of money by making a Shredder that doesn't fit alongside any existing Turtles figures (particularly the Classic Collection ones), and will be losing quite a lot of money by straying too far from the cartoon style. That really is the bottom line...

I know this post may seem harsh, but First Gokin and the people downplaying the problems of this Shredder need to wake up and admit mistakes have been made, and big changes in the scale and style need to be made to ensure this figure's success.
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 12:03 PM   #45
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by theassassin View Post
do you seriously think First Gokin will make significantly better Turtles than the Classic Collection ones? And do you seriously think everyone who bought the Classic Collection will then buy ANOTHER set of Turtles just to "fix" the scale? (No way!). Wake up and be realistic...
Yes, & yes. Two strong ones.

But I totally agree with your other points, well said.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:31 PM   #46
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I think a lot of our worries could easily be calmed down if we got any more info about the final product's size and design. It is a prototype after all, so anything can happen and be changed.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:53 AM   #47
Redemption
Stone Warrior

Has any release date information been released on this?
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:14 PM   #48
nickzark
Random Punk

Yes/when is the release date??and i must say that i dont like the led eyes.
nickzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #49
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilcat005 View Post
Photo Update of NT-02!! BEAR IN MIND THIS IS WORK IN PROGRESS. Changes are still being made to it. They heard the out cry about too much details on body, we will see what kind of change they will make at the next shot.

Check it out!
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...59601854_o.jpg
Very nice! I'd buy both of these.

Do you have an ETA on the Krang Preorder?
Trailbreaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:09 PM   #50
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
Very nice! I'd buy both of these.

Do you have an ETA on the Krang Preorder?
check ebay the Krang came out last year
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:11 AM   #51
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
check ebay the Krang came out last year
I see that but it's more than what Lunar has them listed. I'm going to have to go back and buy the Turtles, Bee & Rock too.

Seems like most of the stuff on e-bay are Knock-offs. Are there also Knock Off's for the Classics line too? Because if there are I'd prefer to buy from someone else I don't want KO's.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:15 AM   #52
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Pretty certain there's no Knock-Offs of Cerebral, since he's already a Knock-Off being a third party toy.

But, there is a batch of new Cerebrals with some added metal-vacuum. But I don't know if they are sold out, honestly, if you didn't buy them when they where available you'll jus have to deal with the 2nd hand market's prices.

As for Playmates Classics figures. If it's due to quality you don't want bootlegs, then don't worry, the official figures are on par with standard bootlegs. But you could check your local toy stores they might still have some Classics in-stock.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:26 AM   #53
Sumac
Banned

First time I see or hear anything about this Shredder figure and damn....this is AWESOME!!

I don't understand all this crying about "muh cartoon". C'mon, this is an awesome figure and it's not like Krang is 100% accurate to the series. If I had opportunity, I'd bought them both in a heartbeat.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:14 PM   #54
inaheap
Mad Scientist

I want this one. I passed on Krang since I have the Original 11 inch and that is a lot of money. I'm thinking if he doesn't work as toon Shredder maybe I'll just make him super shredder instead. Stylizing is perfect for that.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:15 PM   #55
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

According to what I saw on Instagram, Shredder should be released this summer. Hopefully that's the case because I just got Krang and I'm itching to add another figure of the same caliber. Totally worth it! If you're on the fence, it's best to go for it because you won't be disappointed.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:26 PM   #56
DVD
Mad Scientist

I posted this somewhere else, but I think that these MW figures work well as display companions for the FG Krang.
I converted Don to an OT look for Dontinuity !!

Last edited by DVD; 02-10-2016 at 06:13 AM.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:10 PM   #57
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
I posted this somewhere else, but I think that these MW figures work well as display companions for the FG Krang.
I converted Don to an OT look for Dontinuity !!
MW? Whatcha talkin' about?

I'm looking forward to displaying the SH Figurarts turtles with these, personally.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:14 AM   #58
DVD
Mad Scientist

MECH Wreckers... I think it helps if I isert the pic thatt I wasintending to isert (updated now).
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:09 AM   #59
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
According to what I saw on Instagram, Shredder should be released this summer. Hopefully that's the case because I just got Krang and I'm itching to add another figure of the same caliber. Totally worth it! If you're on the fence, it's best to go for it because you won't be disappointed.
That's great news!
Old 02-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #60
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
MW? Whatcha talkin' about?

I'm looking forward to displaying the SH Figurarts turtles with these, personally.
This is exactly what I'm gonna be doing minus the FG Shredder. It just looks to far off to fit in. I suggest anyone who can make your own custom shredder and those who can't track down someone who will.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote