The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-21-2016, 02:40 PM   #2841
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Rangerboard's still a cool place, but Rangercrew and Henshin Justice are dying right now...too many illiterate kids on one end and disinterested people on another who'd much rather tweet and facebook chat all day.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:06 PM   #2842
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Yeah those two places are dead and a shame too HJU got me into Toku in general when I was a PR only guy. But while active Rangerboard doesn't really get my attention anymore, I'll post every once on a blue moon but yeah I hadn't been excited about PRs as much as I am now with the new movie since Samurai I think. The fandom in general was always too negative, I enjoyed the Disney seasons but it was difficult to discuss them with all the Disney hate and Samurai I enjoyed the few episodes I saw but all the "neoSaban sucks" kind of ruined it for me before I ever got a chance to see it. Megaforce I saw and it was terrible from the start and didn't enjoy anything. Besides that though what clicked on me when I became a fan of PRs again was that all the show was in continuity and you had team ups and whatnot, sure the continuity wasn't that tight but those discussions on the forums were great now without team ups which even if they were bad episodes they made the show feel special to me. Also the whole 2 year per theme didn't work out for me a new theme every year would get me excited but slowly watching 40 episodes over two years kills my hype. So yeah it's a combination of things that got me all around to stay away from the fandom/PRs in general.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:58 PM   #2843
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I didn't know they'd fallen out. What was that about?
I don't know what happened. It just kind of sucks, even though there was this one time on the newsgroup where they both attacked me, and Crayfish's words against me probably made a lot of people hate me, even when they didn't know the first thing about me. He'd later on be outed for a few things that he did. So I guess that's karma.

It's a shame that people worshipped him so blindly though. I remember how he was temporarily banned from Rangercrew, and some guy came out saying that it was a mistake for the mods to ban him, just because of things like how he had the Time Force prison named after him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
No,problem. Thank you as well. Do you think #11 is continuing from #9 similar to how #4 left us hanging,but a standalone with Zack's temptation sandwiched in between?
I can't answer that since issue #6 was the last one I ever read. I'm waiting for the one that covers issues #5 through #8. I mentioned that I was starting to do that as to save myself some money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I remember reading Crayfish/Funaro mentioning more than once that he was battling a deadly illness in his usual I can be an as-hole way. I kind of miss him since he had interesting insights even if I disagreed with a lot of what he said and he was extremely rude. I can see how many things he said were made up but for the most part I believed most of the things he said which were not fun things but maybe that's what made them believable.
I'm ashamed to have believed what he said about B-Fighter originally being intended to be used for a possible third season of VR Troopers, since I went around telling others that. I'm glad to finally know the truth.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:52 PM   #2844
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Zedd appears in 'In Space' hm? I was gonna watch it anyways since I'm watching Turbo now. That's interesting.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:42 PM   #2845
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
It's a shame that people worshipped him so blindly though. I remember how he was temporarily banned from Rangercrew, and some guy came out saying that it was a mistake for the mods to ban him, just because of things like how he had the Time Force prison named after him.

I'm ashamed to have believed what he said about B-Fighter originally being intended to be used for a possible third season of VR Troopers, since I went around telling others that. I'm glad to finally know the truth.
Oh man, I remember that so what was the truth? It was never intended? I wonder how many facts were false now. I do remember him questioning the memory of two different people because they were "misremembering things" as he put it but I guess he was making it up. He was really good at all that whether it was true or not he was a good speaker haha and knew tons of PR history inside and out and while he was very antagonistic he was basically the reason most including me visited rangercrew so there's that.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:59 PM   #2846
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermaster612 View Post
Zedd appears in 'In Space' hm? I was gonna watch it anyways since I'm watching Turbo now. That's interesting.
Here is an appearance list. If you look up his character profile you can find out what he does in each appearance. Its not much to bother with in my opinion. Just remember no matter what,the original six and Lord Zedd have yet to be surpassed.
http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/L...;s_appearances
Old 10-21-2016, 09:57 PM   #2847
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Oh man, I remember that so what was the truth? It was never intended?
The producer said that they never even got to the planning stages for a third season.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:26 AM   #2848
ZariusTwo
Overlord

It's splitsville for Doctor K and Ziggy as their actors divorce in real life

http://www.jefusion.com/2016/10/form...-who-were.html
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:12 AM   #2849
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I can assume its a continuation despite the break from the main story similat to how 5 broke it between #4 and #6. Tommy as the Green Ranger and Jason plainclothes are at Rita's moonbase to get access to the other dimension Billy is trapped in. Perhaps the Green Ranger goes in but is depowered?

Also, save the link I sent you, Eagle.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:59 AM   #2850
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
It's splitsville for Doctor K and Ziggy as their actors divorce in real life

http://www.jefusion.com/2016/10/form...-who-were.html
That might make it hard for me to watch R.P.M. again.

Quote:
I can assume its a continuation despite the break from the main story similat to how 5 broke it between #4 and #6. Tommy as the Green Ranger and Jason plainclothes are at Rita's moonbase to get access to the other dimension Billy is trapped in. Perhaps the Green Ranger goes in but is depowered?

Also, save the link I sent you, Eagle.
I saw your message. Thanks for that.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:15 AM   #2851
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
The producer said that they never even got to the planning stages for a third season.
haha that's such a boring answer but it's nice to know the truth, Funaro would've probably said that "his memory is very hazy over what happened" and since his answer was more interesting/was logical we would've believed it.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:11 PM   #2852
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
haha that's such a boring answer but it's nice to know the truth, Funaro would've probably said that "his memory is very hazy over what happened" and since his answer was more interesting/was logical we would've believed it.
How is it a boring answer? He could have said "no" to the question and left it at that. To know that they didn't get to the planning stages for a third season is very helpful.

Sadly, Funaro probably would have said exactly what you think he'd say. That was another thing with him too, where he refuses to concede.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:15 PM   #2853
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well by boring I mean it's not as interesting of an answer as you'd like but sometimes that's how life is.
/
So, does anyone here own the legacy rangers? Any thoughts on them?
Old 10-24-2016, 08:34 PM   #2854
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Well by boring I mean it's not as interesting of an answer as you'd like but sometimes that's how life is.
So what exactly would you rather he had said?
Old 10-24-2016, 08:42 PM   #2855
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I wanted the truth which in this case was the boring "no palns" answer but it's always more interesting to hear a story about what could've been even if it ended up with a tragic fate. And that's what I mean with boring as it's not the most interesting scenario not that I wanted a fake answer I prefer to know what actually happened than a fake scenario.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:19 PM   #2856
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

I ended up watching the first episode of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. It was really good. Especially the curry, I think.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #2857
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

MMPR#8 ended on a unique note.
Spoiler:

Does it ever say in the show or behind-the-scenes how the dragon coin accesses the morphin grid in a different way from the others?
Old 10-27-2016, 06:38 PM   #2858
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

They have shown some Movie toys

The morpher and T-rex zord on http://rangernation.com/
Old 10-27-2016, 08:22 PM   #2859
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:

Does it ever say in the show or behind-the-scenes how the dragon coin accesses the morphin grid in a different way from the others?
Nothing has ever been said about that.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:58 PM   #2860
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here are some images of the Power Rangers Movie toys, which reveals the Power Morpher, Power Coins, & Tyrannosaurus Dinozord.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/actio...-coins-a146351

Last edited by TigerClaw; 10-28-2016 at 08:08 AM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power rangers