The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-15-2018, 06:17 AM   #3761
sdp
-

I'm not that much against it as that's just a rather generic looking logo just like the new movie which also bombed. At least the lightning bolt is the same.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:05 PM   #3762
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Saban Brands Not Renewing Power Rangers Partnership With Bandai
http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/20...s-ties-bandai/

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #3763
sdp
-

Wow, so the speculation of stretching 13 episode seasons over 3 years is crazy but I could see it happen if not for toys which as of right now we don't know if there'll be toys. Could be that the 3 year speculation is correct while Saban finds a new toy partner.

BOA no longer making figures is also crazy but not unheard of, many gaming companies choose not to publish a title in certain regions and others take care of it like THQ did for Sega or how Star Wars has some comics being published by IDW instead of only Marvel. They're choosing what is profitable.

There goes the "We expect to make every ranger in the 6" Legacy collection", I almost got into it but the scale was off, not including weapons, not wanting to start a new line, not being sold in my country so I had to pay more than retail all added up to me not getting them and now I'm glad. Sucks for those that are going to get burnt on that promise.

Whoever gets the license now I hope they realize how important legacy is too PRs. It's obvious we'll get toy of the new season and their take of MMPR because it's flippin' MMPR but besides that they might not care to do the other teams, hope they committ. 3.75" or 5" would be great. I'm excited, I'm cautiously optimistic at whoever gets the license but Bandai just wasn't doing it for me so even if it's another horrible line I won't feel we're any worse off.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:26 PM   #3765
ZariusTwo
Overlord

2019 season revealed

Spoiler:

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/sta...42245110493185

Synopsis

Quote:
Set in the future, a secret agency combines a newly discovered substance called “Morph-X” with animal DNA to create the Power Rangers Beast Morphers team. The Rangers must fight off an evil sentient computer virus bent on taking over the source of all Ranger power, the Morphin Grid itself. Featuring never-before-seen leather suits and an all-new beast-themed arsenal (including dynamic new Zords), fans should get ready for a season full of secret ops and morphinominal fun.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 02-17-2018 at 12:43 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 05:37 PM   #3766
sdp
-

Wow, this is the best of news, I was so bummed that they skipped it originally I was going to make it the first sentai I ever watched but looks like that won't be needed anymore

That sentai BOA helped make with all the rangers looked cool ass well but I definitely prefer this move. The new logo is growing on me, I mean I didn't mind it but it just felt too generic but it really depends, it does give it a fresh take.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:10 PM   #3767
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Wow, this is the best of news, I was so bummed that they skipped it originally I was going to make it the first sentai I ever watched but looks like that won't be needed anymore

That sentai BOA helped make with all the rangers looked cool ass well but I definitely prefer this move. The new logo is growing on me, I mean I didn't mind it but it just felt too generic but it really depends, it does give it a fresh take.
It's worth watching the Sentai even if you've seen the show. I've watched every Sentai since Goseiger (never finished Zyuohger, I fell behind), plus several old ones (Zyuranger, Dairanger, Abaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, and Go-Onger). It's a lot of fun.

But yeah, glad to see Saban adapt this. Go-Busters screamed RPM sequel with its computer virus enemy. Totally could be set after humanity recovered from that disastrous future. Would explain the Enetron-powered future.
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:19 PM   #3768
Allio
Foot Elite

Old 02-18-2018, 10:41 AM   #3769
sdp
-

This is the most excited I've been about the franchise since Saban bought the property I think. The new logo, Go-Busters adapted, the rumors of yearly theme changes again, the promise of better toys. Sure it could all go down south but I feel this is the re-energizing the franchise needed for me since I had pretty much lost most of my passion towards the show, at least towards the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewzard View Post
It's worth watching the Sentai even if you've seen the show. It's a lot of fun.

But yeah, glad to see Saban adapt this. Go-Busters screamed RPM sequel with its computer virus enemy. Totally could be set after humanity recovered from that disastrous future. Would explain the Enetron-powered future.
I don't see them making any references to RPM (ony of my fav. seasons) but we can hope a small easter egg. At least we can see they're referencing the morphin' grid!

I don't doubt the writing is better in sentai, The thing is I don't have a lot of time to watch TV and when I do I do it multi-tasking doing other stuff on my computer so I just don't have the patience to sit through so many repetitive episodes with subtitles since it means I can't do other things at the same time if I'm reading. Also part of what makes PRs cool to me is the universe it has built over the last 25 years. So when it comes to subtitles toku I avoid sentai and instead look for Kamen Rider or other tokus which there's no alternative.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:50 AM   #3770
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The latest rumors for Beast Morphers is it will be a 26-episode season
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:17 PM   #3771
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Shattered Grid checklist. This arc goes for 6 issues weaves somehow with the pre-ranger drama, has an annual (labeled #1 instead of 3), and a free comic book day bonus, as well as a special to concluded titled Shattered Grid.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cri...ered-grid/amp/

I was honestly hoping Lord Drakkon would be Lord Zedd pre-deformed appearance. Whst is evil alternate Tommy's goal? Also, what is this about a new Ranger?
Old 02-24-2018, 05:20 AM   #3772
Allio
Foot Elite

So the Brazillian company Sato will be doing a remake of Juspion (1/3 of VR Troopers)

https://www.facebook.com/SatoCompany...10071349043864
Old 02-24-2018, 08:43 AM   #3773
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The latest rumors for Beast Morphers is it will be a 26-episode season
This. Bodes well with the 1 years per adaptation rumors. Sure 26 is a low number but I'd rather have that than 40 over 2 years. It's only 6 less than the 32 EP seasons we had from Disney. No flashback episodes , no bad filler. Etc
Old 02-28-2018, 09:32 PM   #3774
The Deadman
Foot Elite

They're making a Power Rangers RPG game for...sigh...mobile

Old 02-28-2018, 11:10 PM   #3775
sdp
-

I finally watched the Power Rangers movie from last year and well I have to say I liked it. I wasn't sure what to expect going in since it seemed to have things I liked and some I didn't. And the movie left me with things I loved about it and things I disliked but overall I liked the bold take they took on it, I go more into detail in my review for TokuThursdays on my blog.

It's a shame we likely won't get a sequel, it was definitely missing more Power Ranger action but it had a lot of potential and world building already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
They're making a Power Rangers RPG game for...sigh...mobile

That looks really cool, I don't want to get too hyped after the disappointment all the PR apps have been to me. The only one I liked was the chibi Samurai game.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:17 AM   #3776
Allio
Foot Elite

It’s okay... nothing special. Better than legacy war
Old 03-01-2018, 10:31 AM   #3777
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Amy Jo Johnson is working on a new digital series titled The Has Been, which is about an aging bankrupt “A-list” actress who desperately turns to the Comic Con world to pay off her looming debts. I am looking forward to meeting her and taking a photo with her at Fan Expo Dallas.

ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:42 PM   #3778
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Another gameplay video of that RPG

Old 03-03-2018, 06:16 PM   #3779
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Amy Jo Johnson is working on a new digital series titled The Has Been, which is about an aging bankrupt “A-list” actress who desperately turns to the Comic Con world to pay off her looming debts. I am looking forward to meeting her and taking a photo with her at Fan Expo Dallas.

Interesting. Not entirely because she chose to be a low-key actress instead of A-list that she could have been yet there is some semblance to her personally in that series description.

Also, I don't care to read PR message boards and only one colleague reads it thanks to me,but by trade paperback releases. That being said I am looking for opinions and expectations with 'Shattered Grid' form Boom!.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:39 PM   #3780
Allio
Foot Elite

don't care much for how the pacing of escalation is handled in the boom comics. I mean we are only 25 issues in and we are already doing a second story about a threat over more than one dimension. What is this? A marvel event?

Tags
power rangers