The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-13-2024, 06:47 PM   #7381
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Hit 3 targets today and found everything we know is coming in this Haulathon cycle EXCEPT the turtles (no punk, no pizza club).
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 06:20 AM   #7382
Raph-IL
Mouser

Hit 2 today and one had restocked a bunch of old packs (Neutrino's, Superhero Bebop/Rocksteady, street gang packs, etc) and had an endcap for the new stuff but was all empty, and there were no labels for the actual Turtles themselves (pizza club or punk). The other one, which oddly has a much larger collectibles section, had nothing at all except the one Napoleon that's been there for months.

I haven't found an actual new NECA TMNT cartoon pack that I need in the wild locally for like 2 years now. Still need Rex-1, evil Rex-1, Space Usagi, Samurai Usagi, and Pizza Club Don. I only got April thanks to NECA's preorder, and I only got several of the recent two packs like the street gang, Lotus, Mona Lisa, etc at collectible shops or traveling. Thankfully I have barely had to overpay for anything so far but it's still stupid.
Raph-IL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 07:15 AM   #7383
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

They were stocked in increasingly weird locations.

One had nothing.

Another had them on an end cap of one of the "short" electronics aisles, several aisles away from the standard NECA zone.

The other had them on an end cap deep in the toys section, but it was an end cap you couldn't see from the main drag as it was in the often weirdly layed out LEGO section where one of those half height / partial shelving units was in front of it, obscuring from view. Almost left that one thinking it was a wash but on an impulse I wandered through the LEGO zone.

Might have bought multiple foots if this were still the era of $20 action figures. But with Baxter, Kirby, and Enforcer all ringing up over $100 total it gives quite the sticker shock.
Old 04-15-2024, 11:55 AM   #7384
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Hoping there’s a Rex-1 re-release, that figure looks amazing and that episode is very nostalgic to me, one of my earliest childhood memories.

Kinda regret not getting the Punk disguise 4pak, but I didn’t know it was $160 until I saw it in store. Why couldn’t it be $100 like previous 4paks they did? The SDCC 2017 8pak was only $200, so apparently these figures have almost doubled in price. I might get the 4pak later on if I see it again but hopefully at least some of these figures can go on clearance, they’re getting pretty expensive.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 12:11 PM   #7385
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
Hoping there’s a Rex-1 re-release, that figure looks amazing and that episode is very nostalgic to me, one of my earliest childhood memories.

Kinda regret not getting the Punk disguise 4pak, but I didn’t know it was $160 until I saw it in store. Why couldn’t it be $100 like previous 4paks they did? The SDCC 2017 8pak was only $200, so apparently these figures have almost doubled in price. I might get the 4pak later on if I see it again but hopefully at least some of these figures can go on clearance, they’re getting pretty expensive.
4-packs haven't been $100 for years. They jumped to $125 in 2021, then up to $150 in 2022.

But yeah, it's rough that they're $150 while the two-packs are still ~$60ish.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 03:09 PM   #7386
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
4-packs haven't been $100 for years. They jumped to $125 in 2021
Lol... I wouldn't say that the price changing ALL THE WAY BACK in 2021 warrants an italicized years --- that was more or less yesterday at this point. There is major artificial inflation here. NECA is doing it on purpose, they don't give a crap what we think. I'm just about done with all of their lines though. Just a few more releases in Toon/Mirage/Archie and I'm OUT of this game!
Old 04-15-2024, 07:32 PM   #7387
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Just a few more releases in Toon/Mirage/Archie and I'm OUT of this game!
...and then they release figures from the 2K3 and 2012 series and the cycle repeats!
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 09:10 PM   #7388
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
...and then they release figures from the 2K3 and 2012 series and the cycle repeats!
Not my jam, no Ronin either.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:36 AM   #7389
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Finally saw pics of the Samurai/Astronaut 2 pack figures from all angles. I guess these guys take their shells off when they cosplay, lol.