The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Batman: Bad Blood

I have seen a thread about The Killing Joke adaptation. I assumed that was the next DC direct to DVD animated film, but it is not. It looks like Life After Death storyline that follows Bruce Wayne being thrust into time by Darkseid and setting up the Dick/Damian dynamic duo is being loosely adapted. I could careless about Batwoman and Batwing and their insertion into the storyline, but its really great to see the Dick Grayson as Batman storyline make it to a film. Looking forward to seeing it. Automatic buy seen or not for me. Any thoughts? It is released this Groundhog's Day.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/12/24...lood-gone-clip

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Bad_Blood
Old 12-24-2015, 07:19 PM   #2
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:14 PM   #3
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Barbara " Batgirl" Gordon makes her first appearance in any DC Animated Film of the 2007- present line. It is said she gets a wordless cameo at the film's end joining the others going off to the next dight. She will appear in ' Batgirl of Burnside' costume according to report. Yrars ago there was a Batgirl: Year One pitch made, but tabled because DC felt female leads would not have strong sales. Maybe we could see a frame story with Batgirl: Year One at the center. It is in my top three favorite mini-series.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/batman-...185943690.html
Old 01-19-2016, 03:27 PM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

awesome, Batgirl's current costume in animated form.

http://babsdraws.tumblr.com/post/137...ad-blood-cameo
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:45 PM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
awesome, Batgirl's current costume in animated form.

http://babsdraws.tumblr.com/post/137...ad-blood-cameo
Yes, that is the cameo in reference. I like the costume better in animated form than in the comics. Here is looks like a good melding of the Batman'66 look and the second costume from the last season of Batman: The Animated Series.

Wonder what they will do with her. There is the JLA vs Titans coming up and apparently they are not sticking to a specific roster as it appears to be the four New Teen Titans, Dick as Nightwing, and for some reason Damian/Robin and Blue Beetle III/Jaime Reyes. Why not incorporate her as well? Its not like Damian is a Titan so why not?
Old 02-03-2016, 11:21 AM   #6
ABrown
Banned

Perhaps this thread could be merged with the other thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...t=batman+blood

I went ahead and picked this up since I already own, and I (for the most part) enjoyed Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin. Also, I thought I'd better make sure that I catch this just in case there's anything that happens that will end up being relevant in Justice League vs Teen Titans. Since I'm on a little bit of a Batman overload lately with these DC Universe movies, I'm kinda glad that the real Batman wasn't featured for the majority of the film. It was nice to let Nightwing, Robin, Batwoman, and Batwing take the spotlight. Though I'm not really very familiar with Batwing. However, having prior knowledge about the character didn't really seem like a necessity to enjoy the film.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:08 PM   #7
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

How did you enjoy the movie? I've been meaning to check this out. Someone did a rant on it because it focused more on Batwoman's life more than Dick and Damian.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm glad they're adapting these comic stories to animation because otherwise I would never know about them. I'm so glad cartoons exist, they condense the stories of comics into an hour and a half and leave out all the filler and baggage.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #9
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
How did you enjoy the movie? I've been meaning to check this out. Someone did a rant on it because it focused more on Batwoman's life more than Dick and Damian.
No, I wouldn't say that was the case. It seemed to focus pretty equally among the characters who filled in during Batman's absence. Overall, I enjoyed the film. I really like the New 52 shared continuity that's been established over the last couple of years with the DC Universe movies.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman