The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 08:42 PM   #21
sdp
-

Wow I actually expected a bunch of negative posts about it, everything I've read about Bay the past few years have been negative and how he ruined both Transformers movies (especially the second which no one seems to like). So yeah I'm surprised at the positive comments.

Because of all the negative things I've read I'm not sure what to think. I've only watched the first Transformers movie and I enjoyed it for what it was, I know a lot of people were upset. Then again I was never a transformers fan, I wasn't born for the original fad so I know nothing of the mythologies that Bat apparently pissed on.

The good news is this kind of confirms the movie will be PG-13 and aimed at an older and younger audience like Transformers. Also that Paramount is taking this movie seriously and they expect it to do as well as Transformers so they'll definitely do a lot of marketing for the movie. Both those things are good.

Counting transformers 3 comes out in summer 2011 will there be enough time for TMNT to be out in 2012 if Bay is attached? I actually thought Paramount would wait to see how well The Last Airbender did to see how much they invested on TMNT.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #22
AquaParade
Banned

Woo!!! So glad to get some news on this movie.

I'm surprised I didn't see more uproar over his involvement in this, considering all the fan hate he gets for the transformers franchise. Honestly, those movies arent cinema gold, but I think Michael Bay being involved is actually a pretty good sign. They could have done so much worse. The fact that he is on board shows that they are at least trying to take this in a big direction.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #23
ToTheNines
[sic]

Apparently these other producers from Platinum Dunes have only done horror remakes... or atleast that's what they specialize in
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #24
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I'm surprised I didn't see more uproar over his involvement in this, considering all the fan hate he gets for the transformers franchise.
It's easy to see why. Transformers has never been on life-support. They didn't need two horrendously bad, blockbuster movies to keep afloat.

But Turtles might. So it's a necessary evil, I suppose. Again, though, it looks like no one knows what Bay's actual involvement will be.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #25
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
It's easy to see why. Transformers has never been on life-support. They didn't need two horrendously bad, blockbuster movies to keep afloat.

But Turtles might. So it's a necessary evil, I suppose. Again, though, it looks like no one knows what Bay's actual involvement will be.
I may understand what you are getting at...even a mediocre tmnt film, that gives the tmnt some edge, could do the franchise well. Overall I definitely see this as good news. Glad Scott and Galen are still on board. Wonder if the "meeting with writers" means they ditched John Fusco's script.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:05 PM   #26
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Wonder if the "meeting with writers" means they ditched John Fusco's script.
If so, someone needs to leak that sh*t. Now.

NOW!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #27
Kendamu
Sewerhead

This movie may or may not be a great movie from the hardcore oldschool fan perspective, but the potential comic, video game, and merchandise opportunities might make up for it!
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #28
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post

The turtles are not on life support, Nick bought them, they are safer than they've ever been.

Also transformers has never been on life-support? Transformers have had larger breaks than TMNT has ever had and has had plenty of failed revivals.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #29
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
This movie may or may not be a great movie from the hardcore oldschool fan perspective, but the potential comic, video game, and merchandise opportunities might make up for it!
The fact that Scott and Galen are still on keeps me hopeful, I'm sure they'll force Bay to read atleast a few Mirage funny-books.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #30
Koi
Mad Scientist

I am just super darn giddy.

Except for the the fact that Bay and a ninja turtle scare me...

I don't mind Bay doing anything else to the movie. But..... dear goodness me, a bay ninja turtle?

For some reason that scares me, weird things will happen.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #31
Cowabunga Kiefer
Hench Mutant

Location: Born in Nashville, now I live in NYC. No TMNT sightings yet...
All right, that's cool! I mean if it's Michael Bay perhaps the audience will be inrigues with curiosity. I just really hope it's not another "Explosions" sequel. (lol). I'm satisfied with this choice!
Cowabunga Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:27 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Trust me, this is good news.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #33
Mutated Turtle
Stone Warrior

Someone count how many exploseons are going to be in the new movie.
Mutated Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #34
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist

Believe it when I see it. Also, Michael Bay sucks, is a lair, and pompous jackass to boot. He's already barfed all over Transformers, so he just needs to keep the hell away from Ninja Turtles.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #35
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Trust me, this is good news.
I'm on your side. If anything, Bay will likely have the "lets make this 'bad ass' perspective going". And ya, I know that the turtles need more then a "badass" movie to make them shine, such as something with heart, family tones, and the questioning and great awe of this existence,...but it's still a good thing to be aware of.

Anywho, are you just stating your opinion, or do you have a leg up on us?
Old 05-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #36
jase
Random Punk

I can already see it now...April and Casey are going to be young upcoming teeny bopper actors that can't act to save their lives...and Michelangelo will probably have the personality of his rapping counterpart from the "Coming Out of Our Shells" Tour...on the other hand other aspects of this movie will probably be awesome! I am still excited!
jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #37
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

This is great news cool.I just hope that Donatello and Michelangelo get a bigger roll in this new movie. Instead of just being in the background.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #38
PizzaFan87
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Wow I actually expected a bunch of negative posts about it
Me too. It is true that Michael Bay is not directing, but Platinum Dunes does not have a good track record. That is unless someone considers their remakes of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm Street to be very good.

There is, however, a bright side to Bay's involvement. We might finally get to see Krang and the Technodrome on the big screen. Bay needs an excuse to 1) blow things up and 2) get the military involved. So, what better villain than Krang?

Another positive thing is the voice actors. Bay did hire Peter Cullen for Transformers. So, could we expect actors like Rob Paulsen and James Avary to join the cast?
PizzaFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #39
agliarept
Hench Mutant

meh

il wait to see what the turtles look like and what Meagan fox looks like as a redhead before i pass judgement lol. Bay has sucked and he hasn't so its 50/50.at this point you can slap a TMNT sticker on a can of crap and call it new and i would still be excited about it. wakka.

P.S if these turtles start talking Jamaican and start using crazy ass slurs for no reason il be very very very pissed.
agliarept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #40
Cowabunga Kiefer
Hench Mutant

Location: Born in Nashville, now I live in NYC. No TMNT sightings yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
Believe it when I see it. Also, Michael Bay sucks, is a lair, and pompous jackass to boot. He's already barfed all over Transformers, so he just needs to keep the hell away from Ninja Turtles.
I sort of agree, but have faith. Hopefully he won't be as silly as Transformers 2 with those 2 new idiot characters someone put in!
Cowabunga Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live action films