The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-27-2023, 12:11 PM   #1
bretttheleofan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The TMNT Adventures Hero 4-pack is in stock at Amazon (new pics): https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/...CxydaFyZEuAAAA
Yeah mine came today! For some reason my April had a duplicate rack of accessories in a bag taped to the outside of its package also. So odd.
bretttheleofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 08:45 AM   #2
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo87 View Post
Such an embarrassment.
Yyyyup.....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 09:59 AM   #3
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

So, I've picked up a couple of the storage shell figures over the past month. As someone who wasn't around for the original toys, I kind of love these. The packaging is very full of character and makes opening the toy really fun. I just adore the illustrations on them.
Old 04-12-2023, 12:08 AM   #4
Scumbug
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
Very strange set, but I kinda dig the Mirage reuse with the colored bandanas.
I don't. Cheaply made, horrible figures that don't fit the style they claim to be representing.

They could have just repainted 88 Raph all black and made a new head and released 88 Leo with a new head, belt and black jacket.

Even Mondo needs a new head to make this work. Money would be better spent releasing a 4 pack of foot soldiers and giving us some extra Traag accessories, then repainting it in cartoon colours.
Scumbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 02:44 PM   #5
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Huh...nothing about that set makes sense. I want to know if the cards for April/Mondo will be character specific like the single reissues or not. If not, this is probably a "no"...
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 07:40 PM   #6
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I like these for a couple of reasons. One, the vintage card backs. I know you can hunt down the originals but for 10 bucks (Walmart, Target these are 12 bucks each)….why not? Lol
These are cheaper alternatives to the Originals so you I’m good with that…..save for Bebop’s white nose but the rest have solid paint jobs. I don’t open these so as a set (The Shell Storage, Splinter and 6 Villains) they display pretty well.

For me it was the price that got me good. If these were say, 15-16 each, I probably would’ve passed on them but 10 dollars each for a figure, accessories and solid paint job…..I’m sold.

Now I’m not all in on all of the Playmates remakes. I passed on the Giant Turtles since they are 25 each and I still have the Originals (plus Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang) sealed in box. And the 6 inch classics are tempting but passed on those as well. And I do have quite of a lot of the Originals sealed but sadly none of the Storage Shells, Splinter, Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, Foot, Krang and Leatherhead so these cheap remakes sort of fill a hole in my collection.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:03 AM   #7
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Yep, for $10-$12 apiece I don't see how anyone can have a problem with these. You can't get the vintage figures complete and loose for that, let alone MOC. Personally I'm only grabbing figures that I don't have at all and don't really like enough to pay the vintage prices like the Heroes set. But I still think it's cool these exist and hope they continue long enough to get to some real heavy hitters like the Universal Monsters or Scratch.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 09:40 PM   #8
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Thanks for the followup on the condition of your case of reissues. I feel like so far from what I've seen the case may be that Walmart requested the stickers. I don't think I've seen them at Target. Still a weird kinda mystery! I ended up finding all the storage shells without stickers and returned the ones I had gotten that had them inside the bubble.

The vintage reissues scratch my itch for that nostalgic packaging without the extreme prices of mint carded originals. Meanwhile I also have most of the vintage figures except a few grails, opened up loose with all their accessories so I can play with them as God intended. But I am not paying $100+ for something MIB/MOC that I will never be able to open when I can pay $10-20 instead. Very happy that finally they are duplicating to an acceptable level the original card fronts and backs, I also have every other reissue and they all were disappointing in that regard so these are now the gold standard for reissues.
Old 05-28-2023, 06:04 AM   #9
Walkabout
Stone Warrior

Are the reissue Storage Shell figures the same (wrong/off) colours as the reissues as the original figures?
I'm guessing yes...
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 06:40 PM   #10
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
Are the reissue Storage Shell figures the same (wrong/off) colours as the reissues as the original figures?
I'm guessing yes...
Yep. Same goes for the Pizza Tossin' figures.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 10:10 PM   #11
Walkabout
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
Yep. Same goes for the Pizza Tossin' figures.
Just as I had "feared".
Thanks for the answer.

R.I.P. Dave Brockie A.K.A. Oderus Urungus
None But The Brave
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 10:31 PM   #12
AdultCollector
Random Punk

I found the new wave of TMNT retro figures at some "Go! Calendar & Toys" stores in my area. My area Walmarts received one case of the new wave a few weeks ago and now the stores' inventories are once again indicating that the warehouse is out... no sign of them at Target for months now. I'm talking about this wave:

* Foot Soldier
* Genghis Frog
* Shredder
* Wingnut
* Krang
* Baxter Stockman
AdultCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 07:25 PM   #13
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Found Genghis, Wingnut, and Baxter at Walmart tonight. Rat King is pictured on the card back, but from the above post I guess maybe he wasn't in the case pack? Good news is no white stickers anywhere!
Old 07-12-2023, 09:45 AM   #14
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

That’s the same one that was at Target a few years ago….except the Target had Splinter and Super Shredder included for 45 and a much fancier box.

The Walmart set is 40 for the four brothers….still a good price but the Target set was a better price/deal.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 07:03 PM   #15
Antoniocafe
Thug

First time in forever that I had actually stepped foot inside a Target store the other day. I picked up Leatherhead. They also had Shredder, Krang, Bebop, and some of the storage shell reissues. It seemed like they had a little section going on to promote the new movie.
Antoniocafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 07:45 PM   #16
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

It brings me so much joy to see these retro toys in the wild!
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 02:20 PM   #17
mikey0
Foot Elite

The Genghis wave is headed to Target stores: https://imgsed.com/p/Cu2aBY_NGz-/
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 02:45 PM   #18
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The Genghis wave is headed to Target stores: https://imgsed.com/p/Cu2aBY_NGz-/

Found the wave but not the display at a Target over the weekend.
Old 08-04-2023, 09:51 AM   #19
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

Looks like the target near me, Milwaukee, they are restocking on all turtle merch with thw movie dropping this week. Found Mutantin Donnie and Mikey to finish the set
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 03:47 PM   #20
clockstomper
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaynomics930 View Post
Looks like the target near me, Milwaukee, they are restocking on all turtle merch with thw movie dropping this week. Found Mutantin Donnie and Mikey to finish the set
Hope mine gets them in, but there's a glut of Raph and Leo. I always hated the practice of not shipping all 4 brothers in a case, Playmates is usually pretty good about not doing that.

I found some of the movie stars at walmart. they are really poorly done. Stiff hard plastic, wrong weapons, Raph and Don look to have identical bodies rather than the original distinct body molds. Raph's green is attrociously off too. I think I'm gonna just harvest the belts and put them on my old movie star figures, beat up as they may be.
clockstomper is offline   Reply With Quote