The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 06:07 AM   #21
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I'm 32, but still genuinely feel like I'm in my mid-twenties.

But I'll repeat what others here have said: Don't let your twenties go to waste.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:51 AM   #22
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Likewise, even at 38, on the inside I don't really feel any different than mid-20s or so. And from what my mom has said over the years, I think it tends to stay that way for a long time. (Well, maybe life choices can ruin it.)

Physically... I don't really feel quit that young, but it isn't that different. Though granted I didn't feel like I had much energy in my 20s either, but that's me.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:33 PM   #23
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I say enjoy your youth while you have it and appreciate what you can do because things can change. I never thought that at thirty-four I would be taking care of my father full time after he had a massive stroke. Life can change in an instant so don't rush to want to get older because it's not always a picnic in some instances. I'm more worried about when I hit the sixties because that's the age where people pretty much treat you like nothing when it comes to health care and you're just seen as a number for the most part.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:47 PM   #24
ToTheNines
[sic]

It rules. Smoke weed about it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:50 PM   #25
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

It's just a number. I never really cared about age. That's why "DOESN'T THIS MAKE YOU FEEL OOOOOLD" **** doesn't really affect me.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:01 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

My brother is 34 years old. I asked him a while ago what it feels like to be in your 30s. He told me it made no difference for him physically wise or personality wise. So I guess it depends on the person.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:59 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

This thread makes me feel old. I was dreading turning the big 3-0 a year or two ago, now I'm a little past that.

And people are right, once you hit 25 the years just literally fly by. 25-29 literally goes by in the blink of an eye. I remember my early 20's going by slowly....then once I hit 25 I was like WTF...then I somehow hit 30.

And yeah, everyone my age is married with two kids already. Feels weird as hell to see everyone around you grow up and start their own families.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:08 PM   #28
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This thread makes me feel old. I was dreading turning the big 3-0 a year or two ago, now I'm a little past that.

And people are right, once you hit 25 the years just literally fly by. 25-29 literally goes by in the blink of an eye. I remember my early 20's going by slowly....then once I hit 25 I was like WTF...then I somehow hit 30.

And yeah, everyone my age is married with two kids already. Feels weird as hell to see everyone around you grow up and start their own families.
I remember being 19 and wondering how I'd be like at 30, which at that point was 11 years away. Now there's only less than 4 years left for me to hit 30 and I'm guessing it's not gonna be too different.

No one around my age that I know if is married yet but many/most are in long term relationships and/or living together with someone else by now, sure.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:40 PM   #29
newfan
Mad Scientist

Yeah I remember someone telling me when I was 20 that the years seem to go faster as you get older and he seems to right.

30 actually isn't old people, and anywhere in your 20's certainly isn't. Make the most of it
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:01 AM   #30
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Yeah, I think the biggest hurdle of being 30 is trying to find that peace of mind that just because everyone else is getting married and having kids and you aren't, doesn't mean you're behind. It just means you're taking a different path.

Also, personally I've found my patience for things has pretty much evaporated.

Last night I saw It at the theatre and was in the back row. The seat to the left of me was empty, then there were three teenagers who were giggling, talking, and looking at their phones for the first ten minutes of the movie. I leaned over and politely asked them to be quiet, which they did... for about 20 seconds. So then I decided to take out my cellphone, turn on the flashlight, and point it straight at their faces for about 30 seconds until they told me to knock it off. "Oh, does this annoy to you?" I tell them. I turn it off, hoping I've proved my point. About five minutes pass and they go right back to giggling on their phones. So I turn my flashlight back on and hold it on them again.

"Turn off the light!"
"Nah."
"I'm serious! Turn off the ****ing light!"
"Hey, I asked nice. Now I'm just gonna be an ass."

Now is when I start putting my finger on and off the light creating a bit of a strobe effect.

"F*** you, man! We'll stop!"
"But I won't, so..."

They got up and left the theatre. I kept expecting them to come back with security but they never did, so, I'm not sure what happened to them.

Point is, I'd have never of done anything like this 5 or 6 years ago. I'm not a terribly intimidating guy, and I generally don't like to stir the pot. But nowadays if you're going to act like a jackass I'll treat you as such. So that's a part of growing up that you can look forward to.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:49 AM   #31
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Can't blame you for that, Krutch. I would have probably been just as upset as you over that.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'd be worried to do that. You never know that teenage kids are stupid and probably have knives or other weapons and could attack you.

I would have just taken a different seat in the theater assuming there were seats left over. I never get involved with annoying strangers because you hear stories of people getting stabbed or beaten up because of stupid things like this.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #33
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Maybe so but how ELSE are they gonna LEEAARRRN??!!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

I know I feel old when I watch modern movies and I see characters take out their cell phones to call someone, instead of running to a pay phone booth to call like in the old 80's and 90's movies I watch.

Die Hard's entire plot wouldn't make any sense now that cell phones exist. It's just that back in 1990 when they cut the phone lines in the building, none of those hostages had a cell phone in their pocket.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #35
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
*story*

Point is, I'd have never of done anything like this 5 or 6 years ago. I'm not a terribly intimidating guy, and I generally don't like to stir the pot. But nowadays if you're going to act like a jackass I'll treat you as such. So that's a part of growing up that you can look forward to.
I can vouch for this. I've gotten a lot more brazen & tolerate zero bullsh*t. I thought it was more to do with depression making me feel like I had nothing to lose, but perhaps its just that trademark crotchetyness that comes with a man's age.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:22 PM   #36
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I know I feel old when I watch modern movies and I see characters take out their cell phones to call someone, instead of running to a pay phone booth to call like in the old 80's and 90's movies I watch.

Die Hard's entire plot wouldn't make any sense now that cell phones exist. It's just that back in 1990 when they cut the phone lines in the building, none of those hostages had a cell phone in their pocket.
Yeah I've found myself watching an older movie and commenting that now they would just call someone... course with the Goonies.... no signal in the tunnels... and chunk would have to have dropped and broken his phone when he ran for help.. that one still gets away with it.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:46 PM   #37
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I look forward to the thread 10 years from now...

Its so long ago, I don't remember 20.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #38
newfan
Mad Scientist

So 20 is the age where you loose the 'teen' from your age but why is that 21 is the special birthday? After that it's the 10's.... I could have just googled it I suppose.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:06 PM   #39
Prowler
Emperor

Honestly, you're not a full fledged adult until around 25-30 imo. People aged 18-24 might be adults legally speaking but they're still kids, pretty much. I look at people aged 18-21 and they look quite young and immature to me. Just like older people will look at people in their 20s as kids still and still talk to you rather informally. I rarely get called sir/mister by people aged 45 and above. I get called "young man" more often.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, also a lot of 20-23 year olds are still in College, so that's like, "extended High School" to a lot of people. It basically just feels like you're an older teen with more freedom.

It's not until you hit 25 or so that you realize you're a full adult now.

Tags
passage of time, time cucks, timelords ponder, whats it like being a sjw