The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-18-2019, 11:21 PM   #361
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I would personally love to see a loose continuation of the old films. Either that, or a movie that does like spider-man homecoming, and just open on a team of turtles already in the middle of their ninja careers. A lot of people want an origin retread, but since we just had an origin movie a few years ago (even if it was a terrible one) and we have the same producers, we may get an original story with a new group of TMNT, already in the middle of their ninja careers. Or we may get another origin, time will tell.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 01-18-2019 at 11:37 PM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:55 PM   #362
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I know it would be impossible but with other franchises making sequels instead of reboots (like Ghostbusters) what if instead of a reboot they just make a TMNT 4 (or 5 if you want to iclude the imagi films) and it could be Shredder's resurrection and we get the City at War movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
I would personally love to see a loose continuation of the old films. Either that, or a movie that does like spider-man homecoming, and just open on a team of turtles already in the middle of their ninja careers. A lot of people want an origin retread, but since we just had an origin movie a few years ago (even if it was a terrible one) and we have the same producers, we may get an original story with a new group of TMNT, already in the middle of their ninja careers. Or we may get another origin, time will tell.
I am with you guys I would prefer not to do an origin movie. I think it would be difficult to do a continuation of the original films.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:02 AM   #363
Leo656
The Franchise

If someone decided to do a "real" sequel to the 1990 movie - since SOTO didn't have the same feel at all - and pick up from there, I would love that. If we can get "Robocop 2: NO, You're Wrong, There's Only Been ONE Previous Robocop Movie, Shut Up" after so many years, I would like to believe it's at least possible.

They'd have to be INCREDIBLY vague with the timeline, in order to have minimal time pass between 1990 and today and pretend that the movies only happen a few months apart or whatever, but whatever, it's fake, they can do whatever they want.

Being the Best Case Scenario automatically means it won't happen, though.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:13 AM   #364
Coola Yagami
Overlord

IDK.... it would be cool if the Turtles were already in action. Usually when the Turtles meet April it's their first or second fight, so they're still new to the viewer and explaining their tale to her is perfect for the audience.

Maybe have the Turtles already have been fighting with the Foot behind the scenes for some time until that fateful moment where someone slips up and April discovers them. Make the Foot just as secretive as the Turtles, similar to the first movie where at first no one really knew who was behind all the robberies. From there they can quickly run past the origin and keep the movie going instead of making the entire movie about the origin.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:31 AM   #365
newfan
Mad Scientist

Direct sequels from first movies, or from where they feel it went in a direction they didn't like (2nd in the case of Terminator?) seems to be becoming a thing.
With TMNT I'm not sure, It can work if they go that way maybe... however if they don't....I get the desire of some to move forward already but I'd rather there was a good recent origin movie I liked before moving straight to later on and having other villains. … unless you had the route of the Origin being explored in a number flashbacks in a sequel? Still not my first choice personally but it could be done if they didn't want to start there. (in the situation where are imagining this is a successful reboot and gets a sequel I mean)

Last edited by newfan; 01-19-2019 at 09:27 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:52 AM   #366
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Pick up the time/magic scepter from the 1993 film (yes I know this requires including a vague hint of that film existing but bare with me)...and either a) get thrown back in time at a point after the 1990 film and pick up as an alternate second move, or b) jump forward to modern day. Or...c) go back to post-1990 but part way into the movie jump forward to our present time? But that might get a little convoluted, though it would bring it up to date.

And if it's intended as a sequel in line with 1990, you know what... just air 1990 on tv a lot prior to the film opening, giving people plenty of chance to see it and/or refamiliarize themselves with it. If anyone interested in a Turtles film can't manage to catch it, well that's on them. (I imagine those most interested may already own a copy anyhow.)

I mean, we have a magic time scepter thingy to FIX film timeline issues with, so at least something worthwhile could have come from that third film in the long run.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:56 AM   #367
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
(yes I know this requires including a vague hint of that film existing but bare with me)

...Hey, don't threaten ME with a good time.

You're alright, you.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:06 AM   #368
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oops.

Naked "like a Turtle do," right? Happy Naked Turtle Weekend, all...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:28 AM   #369
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

These next couple of months are gonna be interesting. Once we learn more about casting.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:14 PM   #370
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

For whatever it's worth, I asked Josh how much influence the toyline had when writing his script. His answer was "The toy guys? None." Then again, if the script he was writing had a garbage truck with giant mechanical nunchuck arms to begin with, I doubt the toy companies had any real concerns.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:57 PM   #371
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
If someone decided to do a "real" sequel to the 1990 movie - since SOTO didn't have the same feel at all - and pick up from there, I would love that.
Yeah, the "Halloween" (2018 ) route. 30 years later with late 40s Turtles and "one last fight."

It'd be neat for a one off thing.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:18 PM   #372
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah, the "Halloween" (2018 ) route. 30 years later with late 40s Turtles and "one last fight."

It'd be neat for a one off thing.
Basically, "Logan" but with reptile mutants? I'd be down for that, but it wouldn't do much for relaunching the films after that.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:26 PM   #373
newfan
Mad Scientist

Middle aged Mutant Ninja Turtles... hmm, yeah agreed they may not get a stream of movies after that I'd say it didn't need to be set so many years after but then it depends on if they would use the original human character actors.

How long is it likely to be before we get any idea of what they actually are doing?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:28 PM   #374
Leo656
The Franchise

I wouldn't even need (or expect) that.

I'd be happy with something done "Superman Returns"-style. "It's really been four decades but we're all just kinda gonna pretend that the last one was 5 minutes ago." That'd be fine. They'd still be teenagers and the events of the 1990 film still happened... just not in 1990.

Movies shouldn't date themselves by locking it into, "This specifically happened in the year _____," anyway, unless it's absolutely essential to the story. Stuff like that should be intentionally vague. For reasons such as this!

I mean, Rocky's kid aged like 5 years waiting for Rocky to get home. That must'a been some layover! Stuff doesn't always have to make absolute meticulous sense. Just pick up from the last time the STORY was any good and blur the rest of the details to make it fit.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:06 PM   #375
Prowler
Emperor

It's funny how, now that the TMNT property is rather "old", the actual characters are getting younger. Not only were the Turtles younger in the Nick series, but even April and Casey got younger. At this, one day Oroku Saki/Shredder and Splinter will be kids/teenagers too.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:16 PM   #376
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
It's funny how, now that the TMNT property is rather "old", the actual characters are getting younger. Not only were the Turtles younger in the Nick series, but even April and Casey got younger. At this, one day Oroku Saki/Shredder and Splinter will be kids/teenagers too.
The turtles are 13 in Rise as well
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:27 PM   #377
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hell, I'd love a "TMNT Logan" movie. 30 years later, Splinter dead, the turtles separated and at odds, called together for one last whatever.

I guess, basically a more grounded Odyssey (i.e. less time travel, magic, and alternate realities).

IDW needs to give us that in an Elseworlds-type story. Not just a special one-off issue, but like a 12-issue miniseries or something.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:44 PM   #378
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

A passing thought I had the other day..

Alot of people took issue that April was the lead character in the 2014 film. Yes, there are countless more obvious things people protested as well, but let's stick with that point for a moment. Is it inherently a bad idea for April to be the lead or was it just the way it was handled? Would Casey Jones be better suited to lead the film?

Obviously, the TMNT should lead their own movies. I'm not debating that. I'm just asking if they had to use a human protagonist as the lead is it automatically a bad decision?
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:53 PM   #379
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Danny was the main character in TMNT 1. Basically. It's somewhat split with April, though. Through Danny's eyes we get to know the Foot... through April's we get to know the Turtles.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:04 PM   #380
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Danny was the main character in TMNT 1. Basically. It's somewhat split with April, though. Through Danny's eyes we get to know the Foot... through April's we get to know the Turtles.
And don't forget Raphael. He was the Turtle with the most screentime in the movie.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just.. why?, kill me now, papenbrook the troll, thedefinitionofinsanity, vote of no confidence