The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-02-2015, 11:06 AM   #61
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
How about the Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu series? IMO, that series is hilarious.

It's about a 10-year-old boy named Hale, who lives with his young mother, Weda. Weda had him very young. She grew up rich in the city, but when she became pregnant, she refused to name the father and left to avoid having to do so, and her parents disowned her. She moved to a jungle village and is raising Hale there. So that's the backstory for her character. One day a girl, Guu, shows up and Hale's life seems to change as she begins to live with him and his mother.

Since Guu has arrived in the jungle, weird things go on and seems Hale is the only one who actually notices it. The comedy mainly comes from this as he's the type to stress out easily, given the type of life he has growing up with only his lazy, binge-drinking mother. The characters (like Hale's classmates and the other villagers) are so goofy and fun, like the village leader who cherishes his manly chest hair. lol Think of Abbott and Costello. Abbott is the straight man or the normal one, while Costello was the silly one and caused all the antics. Or even Laurel and Hardy.

So yeah, I'd check that one out. I hear there's an English dub of it now. I've never seen it, though, so not sure what the dub is like.

The order is...

Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu
Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu Deluxe
Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu Final
yup I saw it already lol XD it was pretty crazy! I loved it!
Old 01-02-2015, 11:26 AM   #62
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

I should probably watch Attack on Titan sometime. If it really is as good as people claim. I've also been suggested to watch Fairy Tale and Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Anyways here are the anime series I've watched throughout:
Black Butler (1, 2, and the Book of Circus)
Death Note
Black Blood Brothers
Elfen Lied
Murder Princess
Corpse Party: Tortures Souls
R-16
Strawberry Panic
Aoi Hana
Sasameki Koto
(All I can rememeber watching)

Currently watching Bleach, and gotta restart Higurashi No Naku Koror Ni, and the others like it, since I can't recall where I left off.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:13 PM   #63
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

A lot of the same people who worked on Death Note work on Attack On Titan including the Director. They really outdone themselves on Titan though!

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #64
Metroid
Hench Mutant

A list of anime I have watched all of/up to date with? Here you go:

Vagabond (Manga)
Corpse Party: Tortured Souls
Naruto
Dragon Ball
Hellsing
Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
After War Gundam X
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Yea, as you can tell I'm a Gundam fan haha, but I was thinking watching Attack on Titan, or Sword Art Online. Any recommendations?
Metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:13 PM   #65
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsing View Post
Yea, as you can tell I'm a Gundam fan haha, but I was thinking watching Attack on Titan, or Sword Art Online. Any recommendations?
Death Note and Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood
are the two must see anime's imo
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 05:24 PM   #66
Prowler
Emperor

I finished Kuroko no Basket 2 the other day. Yes, it's unrealistic and silly but who cares. It was fun as hell. I don't watch sports anime to look for realism. I'd just watch a real basketball match if I was looking for that. Looking forward to the 3rd season which is coming out pretty soon. That being said, Kuroko, as fun as it is, is no Slam Dunk.

Btw, anyone else here ever watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes? I definitely recommend it. If you want an epic series set in space with great dialogue and political themes, then look no further. And I'm not someone who uses the term "epic" lightly.

I warn you, though. Even though sci-fi and military/war are two of its genres, the best parts are the dialogue. That doesn't mean the battles and the military strategies are not enjoyable.

In case any of you ever wondered where my avatar comes from... it's from it.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:15 AM   #67
DarthRaphael

I was just thinking the other day that I need to put together a list of anime I have seen to keep track of it. I had a friend in high school introduce me to anime when he was renting Bubblegum Crisis and Akira on VHS tape from Block Buster. I went many years not into it and then bought a Robotech set but didn't watch it till years later. Several more years and for some reason I decided to watch Initial D. That is what got me hooked permanently on anime.

Some of my favorites, but no where a complete list are:

Initial D
Full Metal Alchemist (both versions)
Soul Eater
Death Note (watched the sub version!)
Attack on Titan
Trigun

Trying to watch Bleach now. Amazon has 400 episodes up and I'm on #12

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:51 AM   #68
Peanut
Second Gear

I loved Soul Eater. I wish they kept adapting the manga, which I also want to catch up on. Have you seen any the spin-off they're doing? It seems OK, but I fell off pretty quick.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:23 AM   #69
DarthRaphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I loved Soul Eater. I wish they kept adapting the manga, which I also want to catch up on. Have you seen any the spin-off they're doing? It seems OK, but I fell off pretty quick.
I didn't know there were spin-offs...... hmmmm

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:29 AM   #70
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
yup I saw it already lol XD it was pretty crazy! I loved it!
Nice! One of my favorite moments of the series was when Hale got drunk, by accident, and just snapped. One of my favorite episodes, was the one that spoofed an RPG.

I can't think of any other comedy series right off....OH!! Penguin no Mondai! I doubt there's an English version, but there's probably a subbed version.

The humor is random and is spoofy at times. I learned of this show when visiting my friend. Her son liked this show and showed it to me. It was pretty funny to me.

You know, I don't even know how to explain this show. It's about this boy named Naota and he has a penguin friend who goes to school with him named Beckham. um... I dunno. It has a Jungle Guu feel, only everyone knows Beckham is a penguin and stuff. lol Geez, this show is so random I can't explain it.

Edit: Never mind. I don't even think there are subs of it anyplace. Never mind.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:56 PM   #71
THGhost
Puppet Master

I didn't watch that much Anime growing up besides DBZ, but I'm a lot more into it now. Manga too.

Every Anime series I've watched so far:

Akira
Attack on Titan & Manga
Battle Royale Manga
Blood: The Last Vampire (original film & terrible live action movie)
Cowboy Bebop
DBZ & Manga/DBZ Kai
Deadman Wonderland (2 episodes in)
Ghost in the Shell & Manga/Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence/Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex/Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (4 episodes in)

As you can no doubt tell, I've taken quite a liking to Ghost in the Shell. I'm hoping Funimation hurries up with their English dubs for Borders 3 & 4 of Ghost in the Shell: Arise. Or I'm gonna be out of GitS to watch.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 06-26-2015 at 07:48 AM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:41 PM   #72
Allio
Foot Elite

I mainly read manga nowadays, easier to read a bunch of chapters in the span it takes to watch a single episode

anime I'm watching:
Yugioh Arc-V
Tenchi Muyo (Currently on Universe/first TV series)
Legendary Armor Samurai Troopers

Manga I'm reading:
12 Beast
Abnormal Kei Joshi
Accel World
Ana Satsujin
Assassination Classroom
Apocalypse no Toride
My Hero Academia
Boku to Kotori-chan
Cage of Eden
Centaur's Worries (probably the best slice of life I have read in a long time)
Cyclops Shoujo Saipu
Detective Conan
Distant Sky
Dolls Fall
Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan
Gakkou Gurashi
Hitomi-sensei no Hokenshitsu
Jitsu wa watashi wa
Mahou Shoujo of the End
Mahou Shoujo Site
Monster Musume
One Piece
Onii-chan control
Rotte no Omocha
Saiteihen no otoko
Tenkuu Shinpan
Yaoguai Mingdan
Old 07-17-2015, 10:50 PM   #73
Peanut
Second Gear

Bumping this, because I wanna talk about a few things. J-Stars got me to look into some stuff and I've kinda done a bit of anime/manga binge watching/reading in the last two weeks. The last time I did this, several years ago, I got heavily into One Piece, so god help me.

I picked HunterXHunter back up at around episode 20 where I left off and I'm glad I did. The Yorknew arc was bad ass. That sh*t gets mad dark! I just finished off the Chimera Ant Arc, which according to the Internet is among the best written arcs in any shonen anime/manga ever. I can see why they say it, because there's slightly more depth to the villains than normal, but...for real? That's the high bar? Good lord. Glad it's over, but knowing there isn't much more before the series latest hiatus also kinda bums me out.

I also started watching Toriko, before researching and immediately switching to the manga, which is brutal as all hell! I just finished reading the BB Corn arc and I'm looking forward to continuing it. As stupid as the premise is it's weirdly entertaining.

I tried to do my due diligence and watch some DBZ also, but that sh*t is mad ugly and mad old and I just couldn't do it.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:02 PM   #74
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Bumping this, because I wanna talk about a few things. J-Stars got me to look into some stuff and I've kinda done a bit of anime/manga binge watching/reading in the last two weeks. The last time I did this, several years ago, I got heavily into One Piece, so god help me.

I picked HunterXHunter back up at around episode 20 where I left off and I'm glad I did. The Yorknew arc was bad ass. That sh*t gets mad dark! I just finished off the Chimera Ant Arc, which according to the Internet is among the best written arcs in any shonen anime/manga ever. I can see why they say it, because there's slightly more depth to the villains than normal, but...for real? That's the high bar? Good lord. Glad it's over, but knowing there isn't much more before the series latest hiatus also kinda bums me out.

I also started watching Toriko, before researching and immediately switching to the manga, which is brutal as all hell! I just finished reading the BB Corn arc and I'm looking forward to continuing it. As stupid as the premise is it's weirdly entertaining.

I tried to do my due diligence and watch some DBZ also, but that sh*t is mad ugly and mad old and I just couldn't do it.
May God help us all...... lol
I feel ya bud. Honestly I just haven't been able to find any good anime lately. I currently bing watching "Orange is the new Black" but after I run through this I am going to finish "Soul Eater" Really great anime and probably read the Manga after that.
You should check out Black Butler if you are looking for a commedy/detective style anime. Imagine Bruce Wayne crossed with Light Yagime
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:01 AM   #75
snake
Disgusting

Quote:

I was gonna watch Toriko once I finished Fullmetal Alchemist, but is the manga better? What made you switch?

Also, K-On is pretty badass, hardcore sh*t.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:29 AM   #76
Allio
Foot Elite

only thing I am watching this summer is: Monster Musume, Gakkou Gurashi, and Jitsu wa watashi wa.

I am excited that the manga for Gakkou Gurashi and Jitsu wa will be releasing at the end of this month, Jitsu wa is being released called "My Monster Secret" it's okay, I would have picked something like "Truth is, I'm a..."
Old 07-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #77
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
only thing I am watching this summer is: Monster Musume, Gakkou Gurashi, and Jitsu wa watashi wa.

I am excited that the manga for Gakkou Gurashi and Jitsu wa will be releasing at the end of this month, Jitsu wa is being released called "My Monster Secret" it's okay, I would have picked something like "Truth is, I'm a..."
I'm watching Umaru right now. Might check out Gangsta and Prison School.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:23 AM   #78
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
You should check out Black Butler if you are looking for a commedy/detective style anime. Imagine Bruce Wayne crossed with Light Yagime
I think my fiance has watched some of it. The art style has always sort of put me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I was gonna watch Toriko once I finished Fullmetal Alchemist, but is the manga better? What made you switch?

Also, K-On is pretty badass, hardcore sh*t.
The manga is way better, for a lot of reasons. The first and most obvious one is that the anime is heavily censored. It's not really about needing it to be more "hardcore" or "adult" but when a dude gets a hole blown in his stomach and the anime portrays it as this almost comical cartoon wound, it's really weird. Second, there's a random new character thrown in with the main cast who basically serves as both light fan service and as an embodiment of the narrator from the manga. The most important reason I learned, thankfully before getting too deep in, is that the anime got canned, so it wrapped up its final arc in a completely different way from the manga, ensuring that even if the anime ever comes back, it'll be hard for it to just continue following the manga storyline.

I've heard a lot about K-On, but never checked it out. What's it about?
Old 07-18-2015, 01:40 PM   #79
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
I think my fiance has watched some of it. The art style has always sort of put me off.

The manga is way better, for a lot of reasons. The first and most obvious one is that the anime is heavily censored. It's not really about needing it to be more "hardcore" or "adult" but when a dude gets a hole blown in his stomach and the anime portrays it as this almost comical cartoon wound, it's really weird. Second, there's a random new character thrown in with the main cast who basically serves as both light fan service and as an embodiment of the narrator from the manga. The most important reason I learned, thankfully before getting too deep in, is that the anime got canned, so it wrapped up its final arc in a completely different way from the manga, ensuring that even if the anime ever comes back, it'll be hard for it to just continue following the manga storyline.

I've heard a lot about K-On, but never checked it out. What's it about?
Thanks! I'll check out the manga for sure.

K-On is interesting. It's a slice of life moe show about cute girls doing cute sh*t. Nothing too interesting but I find it entertaining.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:08 PM   #80
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/co...sing_from_the/

Oda is legit the most genius writer of the 21st century.

For anyone that's up-to-date on One Piece (Chapter 794) definitely check that out because...MIND. BLOWN!

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote