The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2017, 06:32 PM   #1961
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 1,863
The new voice actor would add more variety.

I really like Usagi's new voice, I think its much better than if it was just Hoon Lee doing his Splinter voice again.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:33 PM   #1962
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier
 
tmntsplinterfan1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Oakley, CA
Posts: 206
What's the name of the voice actor of Miyamoto Usagi? I know it's not John Boyega.
__________________
"Focus on the goal at hand." -Master Splinter / Hamato Yoshi

tmntsplinterfan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:46 PM   #1963
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 10,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntsplinterfan1997 View Post
What's the name of the voice actor of Miyamoto Usagi? I know it's not John Boyega.
He's Yuki Matsuzaki
https://twitter.com/Yuki_Mats/status/880571614236073984
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:51 PM   #1964
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier
 
tmntsplinterfan1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Oakley, CA
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Okay.

You know I already saw the Usagi promo. And he almost sounded like a young Master Splinter.

It would've been cooler if John Boyega voiced Usagi. After all I'm just a Star Wars fan.

As for Splinter's voice, It would be interesting if Hoon Lee does the voice of Miyamoto Usagi. He does pretty good voicing Master Splinter.
__________________
"Focus on the goal at hand." -Master Splinter / Hamato Yoshi

tmntsplinterfan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:08 PM   #1965
MarsicornYT
Foot Soldier
 
MarsicornYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Err you do know the turtles go to Usagi dimension,right. So no he won't know Splinter.
Oh yeah I know that, but remember in the 2k3 series, how Splinter would like go to another dimension every year for the battle nexus and wouldn't tell the turtles. Well it could be similar here, and as the turtles and Usagi are fighting for the first time, Usagi could hear Splinter's name from one of the turtles which leads them to stop fighting and realise they're no enemies. I don't know, I think it'd be pretty cool.
MarsicornYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:25 AM   #1966
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,774
I know people were suggesting that maybe Usagi would offer Leonardo the chance to stay.

But what if it was like the ending scene in movie three where they are preparing to go back to their time. But then Mikey says that he doesn't want to go back to the future because he feels they could make a difference in that time. And then Raph agrees and says in the sengoku-era they are respected and free to walk about as they please, where as in their time they have to hide so the humans won't see them.

Donnie then objects because he knows he can't stay in the past because there is nothing there for him and he didn't like the idea of them separating. He then implores Leo to back him up and Leo says "Well actually..." implying that he is starting to take Mikey and Raph's side in this. Then April interrupts and says "You can't split up, you're brothers!"

Perhaps Leo is saying he feels he should stay in Usagi's world, because New York doesn't really need them. The Shredder's gone, Splinter's gone, Karai's running the foot clan and has everything handled. And with Usagi's world they could be more useful. Raph agrees and says he finds New York boring and stale now that they don't have any buts to kick anymore. And even Mikey to can see the merit in staying.

Donnie, however, feels differently and says that New York is their home. And while he doesn't like the idea of them parting, he knows he can't stop them if that is their decision.
__________________

Last edited by victory_angel; 07-17-2017 at 04:32 AM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:17 AM   #1967
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
I know people were suggesting that maybe Usagi would offer Leonardo the chance to stay.

But what if it was like the ending scene in movie three where they are preparing to go back to their time. But then Mikey says that he doesn't want to go back to the future because he feels they could make a difference in that time. And then Raph agrees and says in the sengoku-era they are respected and free to walk about as they please, where as in their time they have to hide so the humans won't see them.

Donnie then objects because he knows he can't stay in the past because there is nothing there for him and he didn't like the idea of them separating. He then implores Leo to back him up and Leo says "Well actually..." implying that he is starting to take Mikey and Raph's side in this. Then April interrupts and says "You can't split up, you're brothers!"

Perhaps Leo is saying he feels he should stay in Usagi's world, because New York doesn't really need them. The Shredder's gone, Splinter's gone, Karai's running the foot clan and has everything handled. And with Usagi's world they could be more useful. Raph agrees and says he finds New York boring and stale now that they don't have any buts to kick anymore. And even Mikey to can see the merit in staying.

Donnie, however, feels differently and says that New York is their home. And while he doesn't like the idea of them parting, he knows he can't stop them if that is their decision.
April isn't in the Usagi arc.

I doubt Mikey would think about wanting to stay behind because he would miss his friends and Ice cream kitty.

Raph won't stay behind because of Mona Lisa and Chompy.

Donnie won't stay behind because of April and will miss modern technology.

I think Leo might consider staying behind but will realise it would be a bad idea.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:07 AM   #1968
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Currently in Tokyo, Japan)
Posts: 4,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
April isn't in the Usagi arc.

I doubt Mikey would think about wanting to stay behind because he would miss his friends and Ice cream kitty.

Raph won't stay behind because of Mona Lisa and Chompy.

Donnie won't stay behind because of April and will miss modern technology.

I think Leo might consider staying behind but will realise it would be a bad idea.
I agree with this entirely. At this point, I couldn't see any of them choosing to remain in Usagi's world outside of someone like Leo and even that's a big maybe. He's the leader and head of the family now. He has the a responsibility of watching over the other three and try guiding them. If they don't stay, then I doubt he would even if it turns out that he really wants to.

But yeah, Raph has Mona Lisa and Chompy. Mikey has ICK and food and of course, their friends (the Mutanimals, April, Casey, Karai, Shini). Donatello had trouble without technology in the Vision Quest ep, I doubt, as Vicky said, that those three would want to stay in such a primitive dimension unless they get trapped there.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:29 AM   #1969
Leofan26
Mad Scientist
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,023
Just saw the new promo, man looks boss. This is supposed to be a three parter right? The end of the promo he says if you ever need me I'll come but I'm confused than. Is this arc going to be spread out or some thing?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:51 AM   #1970
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,774
Ciro did say he wanted things left open so if anyone wants to pick up this incarnation down the road and continue it they would have some things they could work with. And even if it doesn't get continued it's still fuel for the fan writers to work with
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #1971
newfan
Stone Warrior
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Ciro did say he wanted things left open so if anyone wants to pick up this incarnation down the road and continue it they would have some things they could work with. And even if it doesn't get continued it's still fuel for the fan writers to work with
I wish someone would but doubtful.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #1972
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I wish someone would but doubtful.
Then just something for the Fan writers I guess
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #1973
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier
 
tmntsplinterfan1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Oakley, CA
Posts: 206
How about we move on to the "Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady" arc that's coming up.

Although we do know that the DVD comes out in September.

And that new crossover Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady is way more better than Trans-Dimensional Turtles.
__________________
"Focus on the goal at hand." -Master Splinter / Hamato Yoshi

tmntsplinterfan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:01 PM   #1974
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntsplinterfan1997 View Post
How about we move on to the "Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady" arc that's coming up.

Although we do know that the DVD comes out in September.

And that new crossover Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady is way better than Trans-Dimensional Turtles.
Aside from the info provided, we can't really discuss it without trying to predict the episodes themselves. I understand though it's the discussion page, let's get Usagi done first possibly.

Also, you can't really say the upcoming crossover arc is going to be better than the first without it out yet, man. Odds are with triple the length it will be, but let's wait it out first.
________________________

A part of me wishes the Usagi stuff is the finale, the end of the trailer sells it for me. However, I'm ready for next Sunday.
__________________
Quote:
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #1975
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier
 
tmntsplinterfan1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Oakley, CA
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Aside from the info provided, we can't really discuss it without trying to predict the episodes themselves. I understand though it's the discussion page, let's get Usagi done first possibly.

Also, you can't really say the upcoming crossover arc is going to be better than the first without it out yet, man. Odds are with triple the length it will be, but let's wait it out first.
________________________

A part of me wishes the Usagi stuff is the finale, the end of the trailer sells it for me. However, I'm ready for next Sunday.
Oh right. The Usagi thing. But where will it start?
__________________
"Focus on the goal at hand." -Master Splinter / Hamato Yoshi

tmntsplinterfan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:56 PM   #1976
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntsplinterfan1997 View Post
Oh right. The Usagi thing. But where will it start?
It begins on Sunday and lasts for three episodes. Not sure if the following two weeks will finish it off.

It was meant for later in the season, however. It was meant to be the fifteenth to seventeenth episodes of the season, but the arcs were changed around.
__________________
Quote:
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:11 PM   #1977
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier
 
tmntsplinterfan1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Oakley, CA
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
It begins on Sunday and lasts for three episodes. Not sure if the following two weeks will finish it off.

It was meant for later in the season, however. It was meant to be the fifteenth to seventeenth episodes of the season, but the arcs were changed around.
Oh. And by the way Usagi's not like Splinter right?
__________________
"Focus on the goal at hand." -Master Splinter / Hamato Yoshi

tmntsplinterfan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:40 PM   #1978
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntsplinterfan1997 View Post
Oh. And by the way Usagi's not like Splinter right?
Usagi and Splinter are two vastly different characters.

I do see what you meant by their voices sounding similar, but they have no connections at all as Usagi is from an alternate dimension. I would comment further, but I am no way a knowledgeable Usagi fan outside his TMNT appearances.
__________________
Quote:
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:55 PM   #1979
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier
 
tmntsplinterfan1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Oakley, CA
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Usagi and Splinter are two vastly different characters.

I do see what you meant by their voices sounding similar, but they have no connections at all as Usagi is from an alternate dimension. I would comment further, but I am no way a knowledgeable Usagi fan outside his TMNT appearances.
Wow. Hoon Lee should've be the better voice for Miyamoto Usagi, just like he did with Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi and Hamato Yuuta. Yuki Matsuzaki is okay.

I don't see why John Boyega can't voice Usagi.
__________________
"Focus on the goal at hand." -Master Splinter / Hamato Yoshi


Last edited by tmntsplinterfan1997; 07-17-2017 at 09:01 PM.
tmntsplinterfan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:25 PM   #1980
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntsplinterfan1997 View Post
Wow. Hoon Lee should've be the better voice for Miyamoto Usagi, just like he did with Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi and Hamato Yuuta. Yuki Matsuzaki is okay.

I don't see why John Boyega can't voice Usagi.
I guess we have to learn to appreciate what we get.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
season 5

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.